March 28, 2024, 17:19
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake  (Read 36344 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2021, 15:46 »

@Stallone: It's not hard to read the topic first, it's only 7 pages long. The solution was already linked previously in this post. In short, you have to extract sound assets from the game with quickbms or anything (I'm not sure but if they're uassets, then umodel can also do that via "save packages" option in context menu) and then use SQEXtract on them to get something useful.
Those assets contains SAB audio, so you may also take a look at SABReplace and vgmstream as general sound tool.
Stallone

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2021, 16:44 »

Hi, thanks for your reply.

For the record, I did read everything, and I already got the SQEXtract software. I have all the uassets for the audio ready, but like I said I can"t get to the SQEXtract step because the uassets won't extract in umodel, which gives 0/0 export in 0.1s like it's not reading the files. Before you ask, yes I chose 4.18 unreal according to Gildor's chart for FF7R, and sound is checked when opening umodel. That is why I'm asking if someone managed to extract sounds.

Regarding the bomb timer background texture and fonts, I didn't see those requests, and I was only asking in the case someone had those ready in a practical way, because I wouldn't know where to look for those in 80 gb of data. Like I said I'm fairly noob but I am willing to learn.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2021, 16:58 »

@Stallone: It seems that you're trying to "export" assets (with converting), while you need to extract them "as is" via "save packages".
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2021, 03:55 »

Here is specific umodel build with skeletal meshes support (link, updated) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (4.18). Created for no particular reason, more for research purposes, since animations are not supported anyway and there is Noesis with proper support for the game.

* Clipboard10.jpg (116.52 KB, 2555x1239 - viewed 824 times.)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 03:00 by spiritovod » Logged
jericho777

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2021, 18:08 »

damn great job sir.. your awesome!!
GDL

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2021, 20:35 »

Here is specific umodel build with skeletal meshes support (link) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (4.18). Created for no particular reason, more for research purposes, since animations are not supported anyway and there is Noesis with proper support for the game.

Great job! it seems to work for most models, I'm getting some weird errors with some specific models tho, like Scarlet:

Code:
******** Loading object SkeletalMesh4'NP0032_00.NP0032_00' ********
*** ERROR: RawArray item size mismatch: expected -16777216, serialized 4

SerializeBulkArray <- FSkeletalMeshVertexColorBuffer4<< <- FStaticLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize: 0/1 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'NP0032_00.NP0032_00', pos=4DA3B8, ver=514/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.18 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /End/Content/GameContents/Character/NonPlayer/NP0032_00_Scarlet_Standard/Model/NP0032_00.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1544 based

Not sure what to make of it
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2021, 22:07 »

@GDL: I don't have much samples and they all worked fine. If there are multiple meshes with this or other errors, provide a few of them (here or via PM), so I could take a look. If it's only a single non-working mesh, not sure it's worth to bother with.  

Update: Thanks for samples. I've updated specific build, now it should handle this kind of meshes as well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 02:36 by spiritovod » Logged
94math

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2021, 21:56 »

Hello, thanks everyone for the tools and the tutorials on how to use them.

I would like to know, is there any way to extract the special fx for example Cloud's cross-slash or Berret's big shot? And then open them in blender.

Actually this is a question i have for modding in general, are these effects (beams and the like) really extractable in any game? I would love to have like a dbz Kakarot kamehameha or any FF7R one really. Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 21:59 by 94math » Logged
Sreliata

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2021, 22:18 »

Hello guys.

As you know, Final Fantasy VII Remake - Intergrade has released for PC today. While getting the UEkey wasn't impossible, it seems there is currently no working unmodel version to extract the files with.

I've attached a character with the new file format here, on my google drive: Click Me!

Can you please look at it and possibly update unmodel to support the new formats? That would be absolutely fantastic ._.

Thank you so, so very much for your help in advance.
Fewtch

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2021, 22:34 »

Can you please provide the AES key so I can help with this research?
Sreliata

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2021, 22:38 »

Can you please provide the AES key so I can help with this research?

Why yes.
Here you go:

0x23989837645C9D28BA58072B2076E895B853A7C9E1C5591B814C4FD2A2D7B782

Sadly, the key alone won't do much as long as exports aren't possible. I hope someone (you?) will be able to crack this dilemma.
Fewtch

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2021, 23:19 »

I've got a couple ideas since this isn't my first rodeo with UE. It may need a custom Umodel solution, hopefully the community comes together on this.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 23:22 by Fewtch » Logged
Sreliata

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2021, 23:37 »

I've got a couple ideas since this isn't my first rodeo with UE. It may need a custom Umodel solution, hopefully the community comes together on this.

If one of your ideas is working, please let me know ._.
Guilty

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2021, 04:50 »

Looking forward to seeing what happens. This is still 4.18, right? I gave it a go and ran Umodel with everything still Auto. At an export, it said the package is "unversioned." Is that normal or abnormal?

Dug through here and Xentax recently to get the character models to display in Noesis. A lot of good info here, so thanks everyone for your efforts. The "instructions" I found here and there regarding viewing the environments, in either Noesis or Blender, were a little convoluted, though. (Do I need to extract Blueprint? What if the UE tool doesn't do anything when I drag it to the FF7R tool? What folders go where? etc.) Would anyone have the time breaking that down for me, in an ELI5 fashion? LOL
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 04:57 by Guilty » Logged
Fewtch

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2021, 05:01 »

Those of us who have been using 4.18 to extract from vanilla PS4 FF7R have not been able to extract from PC Intergrade with the same tools, its going to need some other approach.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: