March 29, 2024, 00:05
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake  (Read 36351 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2021, 05:47 »

Not sure why they did what they did, but some things changed notably since base game. Despite the game is still on 4.18 engine in general, it's using unversioned properties (exist in UE 4.25+ branches only) and modified approach to bulk data now. At least, they're still using the same version of ACL compression for animations.

Here is specific umodel build for Intergrade (link, updated) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (4.18). Builds v3 and above supports basic materials. Builds v6 and above supports animations.

Update: Specific build is updated to v2, it can handle most meshes now.
Update 2: Specific build is now fixed, all meshes should be loaded properly.
Update 3: Specific build is updated to v3, it now supports basic materials. Complex materials (basically almost all materials under Renderer subfolder) are not supported at the moment and simply ignored on import. If you see some part, which is not covered by textures (or missing 0:1 part in linked materials), it's most likely related to those complex materials.

Update 4: Basic materials are now properly serialized in most cases in the updated "fix" build.
Update 5: Some particular issues with skeletal meshes and basic materials are solved in the updated "fix2" build.
Update 6: Some issues with textures are solved, and also lightmaps should be properly supported in "fix3" build.
Update 7: Cubemaps and big BC6H textures are now partially supported in "fix4" build.

Update 8: Fully reworked serialization of inlined texture data, now cubemaps and BC6 textures should be properly supported without errors and random crashes. It also affects other textures types, which are using inlined data.  
Update 9: Small fix is added for proper handling of some skeletal meshes.
Update 10: Handling of static meshes is reworked and also some materials are fixed.

Update 11: Animations are now supported in v6, except for native UE animations (there are very few of them though). Additive animations are not marked such, so don't be confused.
Update 12: Some animations are fixed in v7. Materials from "renderer" folder can be now linked from other assets and loaded, though they're not parsed properly. For possible solution see this post.

* Clipboard01.jpg (102.06 KB, 2547x1239 - viewed 862 times.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 23:01 by spiritovod » Logged
Sreliata

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2021, 11:39 »

Not sure why they did what they did, but some things changed notably since base game. Despite the game is still on 4.18 engine in general, it's using unversioned properties (exist in UE 4.25+ branches only) and modified approach to bulk data now. At least, they're still using the same version of ACL compression for animations, so Noesis stuff should be easily fixed for the Intergrade support... probably.

Here is specific umodel build for Intergrade (link) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (4.18 for now). Only textures are supported at the moment, except two biggest "_Depth" textures.

Since only textures are supported right now, I wonder: Do you think it'll be possible to make it so that the meshes will be supported, too? Or is that a more complicated matter than expected? ._.) Thank you so much for your help, Spiritovod.
BlasterGrim

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2021, 13:57 »

Not sure why they did what they did, but some things changed notably since base game. Despite the game is still on 4.18 engine in general, it's using unversioned properties (exist in UE 4.25+ branches only) and modified approach to bulk data now. At least, they're still using the same version of ACL compression for animations, so Noesis stuff should be easily fixed for the Intergrade support... probably.

Here is specific umodel build for Intergrade (link) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (4.18 for now). Only textures are supported at the moment, except two biggest "_Depth" textures.

They implemented some 4.25 libraries into their 4.18 custom engine in order to speed up assets loading, that's basically the Integrade feature, i wonder why they didn't port all game directly to 4.25 tho
tifanta

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2021, 20:13 »

Looks like someone cracked the code! https://twitter.com/Sreliata/status/1471805109231366145?s=20

EDIT: Looking from the replies though, doesn't want to share how  cry
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 20:15 by tifanta » Logged
Sreliata

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2021, 20:20 »

Looks like someone cracked the code! https://twitter.com/Sreliata/status/1471805109231366145?s=20

There is no sharing 'how' because there isn't a specific 'how' yet. No functioning tool as of this very moment. These were extracted via workaround by a friend, whose name will not be mentioned. Not by me.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2021, 21:07 »

@BlasterGrim: That makes sense. I just didn't dig into game binary and libraries and was talking from assets perspective. As for why they didn't port everything to newest engine, it's quite understandable, because due to difference between modified 4.18 and 4.24+ engines it will require amount of work and time like for a remaster. Even those selective upgrades from newest branch took them some time, no doubt.

@tifanta: I believe that those "workarounds" are related either to ripping at runtime (with latest Ninja Ripper it's quite possible) or to modified Noesis, because such changes are much easier to implement there, if you're familiar with it and its code.

Anyway, I've updated specific build above with support for most meshes. Still no materials support though. 
tifanta

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2021, 22:25 »

@spiritovod Thanks man! Mods here we go  laugh
Guilty

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2021, 04:59 »

@BlasterGrim: That makes sense. I just didn't dig into game binary and libraries and was talking from assets perspective. As for why they didn't port everything to newest engine, it's quite understandable, because due to difference between modified 4.18 and 4.24+ engines it will require amount of work and time like for a remaster. Even those selective upgrades from newest branch took them some time, no doubt.

@tifanta: I believe that those "workarounds" are related either to ripping at runtime (with latest Ninja Ripper it's quite possible) or to modified Noesis, because such changes are much easier to implement there, if you're familiar with it and its code.

Anyway, I've updated specific build above with support for most meshes. Still no materials support though. 

I'm getting an error that the SDL2.dll cannot be found, but it's literally in the same folder as the v2 .exe.
Darko

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2021, 05:07 »

Jesus Christ, there's now a custom version of umodel bellow your post thay allows you to rip the model, read the thread please.

Darko

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2021, 05:09 »

I'm getting an error that the SDL2.dll cannot be found, but it's literally in the same folder as the v2 .exe.

Grab both versions of that dll from the latest umodel build, copy them and paste them i the directory where you have the custom umodel exe.
tifanta

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2021, 05:21 »

Jesus Christ, there's now a custom version of umodel bellow your post thay allows you to rip the model, read the thread please.

Said post you're referring to was updated later  azn Before though, it only supported texture extraction  azn The next post after mine said he updated the previous post to be compatible with most meshes, read the thread please.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 05:24 by tifanta » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2021, 06:33 »

@Guilty: This specific build is 64-bit version of umodel, so you'll need SDL2_64.dll, which is included in latest official build. It may be confusing because of error message, but only at first.

@Darko, @tifanta: Well, yes, I'm updating specific builds in base posts instead of creating new ones with new links (not only here, but in all topics). This should be more convenient for users, since they can bookmark only a single post and check it from time to time without having a worry that updates will be posted somewhere else in the topic. Changes are usually explained in updates history (update1, update2 and so on).

Guilty

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2021, 07:23 »

@Guilty: This specific build is 64-bit version of umodel, so you'll need SDL2_64.dll, which is included in latest official build. It may be confusing because of error message, but only at first.

Many thanks, that did it. Interesting conundrum followed, though: Yuffie and Sonon open in uModel fine, but Nero and Weiss error and crash the app. Wondering if they are of the unversioned pak, whereas Yuffie is 4.18. I honestly don't know, shit is over my head.
cesm1980

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2021, 12:19 »

Here is specific umodel build for Intergrade (link, updated) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (4.18). Updated version should work with meshes and textures, still no materials support. Some skeletal meshes may occasionally crash umodel, it will be fixed later.

Update: Specific build is updated to v2, it can handle most meshes now.

Well i am interesting in trying to get the game, the problem is i mostly want it for the animations, which unfortunately still being ACL, i am not sure if noesis does support this intergrade version, can you or someone else here test the game in the other ACL tool from xentax mentioned in the ACL games thread? It might be compatible... and i say that just in case noesis doesnt get updated to support this pc version of the game (unless it actually is compatible but considering the different UE versions maybe it doesnt).
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2021, 14:32 »

@cesm1980: akderebur's tool doesn't work because the game is using very old version of ACL. His tool is for v5 animations (around 2.0 in native library terms) and above - not all of them though - while FFVII Remake is on v3 (below 1.3). Also, the game is out for only two days. I remember times when games were not supported for years, not only in umodel, but in general. Considering that Noesis is working more with raw data (which didn't change) rather than with serializing stuff, like umodel, it should be eventually fixed there. Just be patient.

---------------------------------------------------

I presumably fixed the rest of crashes for skeletal meshes in latest specific build. Before submitting possible issues please check if you're using "fix" version of the build, and also don't include the whole error message, only the name of problematic asset. Thanks for your understanding.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: