March 28, 2024, 22:56
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake  (Read 36350 times)
Guilty

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2021, 07:34 »

Going back to the regular uModel, has anyone tried to apply motion data to Barret? I'm getting nightmare fuel over here. I've done the same successfully with Cloud, Tifa, and others, but Barret strangely will contort into a monster when I try to apply any motion file. This is F_Serious1.uasset and it is... seriously jacked up. Any thoughts?

* Screenshot 2021-12-21 223405.png (415.78 KB, 1960x1330 - viewed 588 times.)
squall789

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2021, 05:29 »

That is even weirder, for them to leave those assets in the paks, I know they kinda rushed the development of the game after they took it back from cyber connect 2 but still  tongue

Leaving files in the project that aren't used isn't anything to do with rushing, its to do with references.
Unreal will package together anything thats referenced by files that are being loaded, they just forgot to cleanup a few references for like 10 things out of the 1000's of things that exist. Keeping track of references gets more complicated as projects grow, and this is a huge project.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 05:31 by squall789 » Logged
Desertz

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2021, 10:04 »

Hey guys, I try to figure out How FF7RE characters are rendered, so there is any way to export material.uasset from .pak? It seems that umodel can only export texture.
gamer19771356

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2021, 11:00 »

hello use this
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dptqmbep5hh0trq/final+fantasy+7+remake+ps4++mat+files+for+use+pc+version.rar/file
Desertz

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 28, 2021, 12:09 »

Thank you very much, bro
TroyMcClure

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2021, 13:10 »

Here is specific umodel build for Intergrade (link, updated) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (4.18).
I'm getting some fatal errors trying to extract meshes and textures. First it complained about a missing oo2core_5_win32.dll and after Googling for one of those it now gives a "OodleLZ_Decompress returned 0" error. Do I need a specific version of that DLL? The modified exe is running alongside the latest umodel version.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2021, 17:08 »

@TroyMcClure: Are you by any chance using 32-bit OS? Because this is 64-bit build with built-in oodle library, like in latest official builds, so no external libraries are required (except for SDL2_64.dll for rendering purposes). Otherwise I have no idea why such error could pop-up, unless you're trying to work with PS4 version of Intergrade - it was not tested and no feedback was provided so far for it.
TroyMcClure

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2021, 18:06 »

Are you by any chance using 32-bit OS?
Nope. Win10 and the PC version of FF7.

Edit: Also tried it out on a Win7 x64 VM. Same issue. Missing DLL error, added the DLL and got the "OodleLZ_Decompress returned 0" error.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 18:23 by TroyMcClure » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 29, 2021, 19:12 »

@TroyMcClure: It looks like an issue with corrupted packages or something then. You can try to open game packages in latest official umodel build from site - if error will be the same (oodle related), it's something with your files. Also you can try to open paks separately by putting them into separate folder one by one - if it will be like that with all of them, feel free to send one of them via PM, I could check it.
TroyMcClure

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2021, 10:08 »

You can try to open game packages in latest official umodel build from site - if error will be the same (oodle related), it's something with your files.
The standard umodel has a fatal error about a wrong index name. Even without oo2core_5_win32.dll present.
inkiowetrust

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2021, 13:00 »

Not sure why they did what they did, but some things changed notably since base game. Despite the game is still on 4.18 engine in general, it's using unversioned properties (exist in UE 4.25+ branches only) and modified approach to bulk data now. At least, they're still using the same version of ACL compression for animations, so Noesis stuff should be easily fixed for the Intergrade support... probably.

Here is specific umodel build for Intergrade (link, updated) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (4.18). Updated version should work with meshes and textures, still no materials support. Some skeletal meshes may occasionally crash umodel, it will be fixed later. Crashes should be fixed in latest specific build - so before reporting something check if you're using "fix" version of the build.

Update: Specific build is updated to v2, it can handle most meshes now.

Update 2: Specific build is now fixed, all meshes should be loaded properly.

Requires AES key
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2021, 15:03 »

@TroyMcClure: Then I have no idea, since I can't reproduce the error. You can try to reproduce it with separate packages, like explained in my previous post, and PM me any of problematic ones.

@inkiowetrust : There is sticked topic for that: https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,7304.0.html
TroyMcClure

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2021, 15:22 »

You can try to reproduce it with separate packages, like explained in my previous post
If we take the PAKs out of the equation, by extracting the lot with the QuickBMS UT script then loading up that folder, your modified exe gives the same wrong index name fatal error as the standard umodel.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2021, 17:09 »

@TroyMcClure: You still didn't provide any samples. Considering that there is only one PC version of the game (there were not any updates so far) and it's supported by specific build to a certain extent - and also because nobody else didn't complain about this issue - the chances that it will be fixed are very slim.
TroyMcClure

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2021, 17:41 »

You still didn't provide any samples.
Well I have 3rd world internet, so uploading multiple gigs of files was never an option. However, that doesn't appear to be required as it would appear this is a case of user error. I must have clicked on one of your earlier links for the PS4 version, since I just checked your more recent post again and saw that version is intergrade_v2 whereas I had remake_v2. Redownloaded the proper exe and things seem to be working as intended, no errors. Apologies for the screwup on my part.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: