March 28, 2024, 18:46
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake  (Read 36346 times)
Kjasi

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2022, 06:25 »

spiritovod, is the source code for your version of UModel on a hosting site like GitHub? I would very much like to participate in improving FF7R support, or at least inspect the code.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2022, 18:25 »

@Kjasi: I have no plans for that for various reasons. Though feel free to report errors for custom build here or via PM.
Kjasi

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2022, 01:18 »

@Kjasi: I have no plans for that for various reasons. Though feel free to report errors for custom build here or via PM.
But I don't want to report errors... I want to add map and animation export support! Wink

No, I understand. Sadden, but I get it. My end goal was to write some tools to make it so we can export the game's assets into Blender, but in a UE5 friendly manner. (There's a map export tool, but it does it as one large static mesh, rather than instances of the individual meshes.)

My only request at this time is that before you peace out of development on this, you upload the source so others can take on the development mantle. (Currently dealing with someone who didn't do that on another project...)

Good luck! I'm enjoying your work!
laughingorc

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 07, 2022, 12:10 »

It's not really about who it benefits, @Maobo_Seihan. If Spiritovod doesn't wish to share the source code for his work thats his prerogative, all we can do is respect that he has his reasons.

Either way, thank you for all your work on this (and other uModel variations) so far Spiritovod.

@Kjasi - where can I find this map export tool? I'd love to give that a look!
Kjasi

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 10, 2022, 06:36 »

@Kjasi - where can I find this map export tool? I'd love to give that a look!
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22088 Be warned, it exports instances meshes as baked versions, not instances. Great if you just want to export into Blender and render it out, sucky if you want to import it into a game engine as instances of the source model. (Impossible without a LOT of post-export work...)

While I agree that we need to respect that Spiritovod has his reasons, I stand by what I said in that I hope he releases the source before he stops development.

The history of modding and game support tools is littered with closed-source work that was abandoned, and the source never released. Most often, these programs are eventually broken by an update, and there's no good replacement. For example, I'm having a hard time finding a good replacement for Biturn, a program that lets me export the original FF7 models, which I was using almost 20 years ago! There's also the ARchive_neXt program for pulling out early Assassin's Creed models. (The program I referenced earlier.) The developer has gone dark, his website is offline, and no other program even comes close to the same functionality and support. Sadly, he never released any of the source code, so trying to recreate his work will be hard, if not near impossible. It's also full of bugs, and likes to crash...

This is why I made my plea, and hope Spiritovod honors it when the time comes. Until then, all we can do is offer our support and heartfelt gratitude as he continues to improve upon his releases.
darkarth

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 10, 2022, 22:25 »

Hello,

I would like to know how I can get the actual audio from the uasset / uexp files.

I'm not using the actual game but the demo. I'm searching for music tracks that are on the demo but not on other released versions
 of the game.

I already have the uasset / uexp files from the demo. Just don't know what to do with them.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks for help.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 12, 2022, 20:39 »

@darkarth: I suppose you were looking for this post: https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,6925.msg40126.html#msg40126
darkarth

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2022, 18:12 »

Thanks. That SABMABRipRT helped a lot.

I was able to get the tracks I wanted.

But something strange happened. It seem to work for SAB files. As well as a few MAB files. But only a few. For the most MAB files it says it can't find a header.

How can I solve this problem?

Like I said I have all the uasset / uexp files. Do I need something else for the rest?

Best regards
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 18:15 by darkarth » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2022, 13:21 »

@darkarth: It's better to ask such questions in respective communities, such as zenhax/xentax or FF discord server, mentioned on previous pages, because this topic is dedicated more to umodel related things.
ninetalescommander

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2022, 17:25 »

Serializing behind stopper (31BFF3+4 > 31BFF6)
FPakFile::Serialize: file=/End/Content/GameContents/Character/Property/FA0259_06_PraecoRubbleCut_Variation6/Model/FA0259_06.uexp <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- UObject::Serialize <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'FA0259_06.FA0259_06', pos=31DB97, ver=514/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.18 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /End/Content/GameContents/Character/Property/FA0259_06_PraecoRubbleCut_Variation6/Model/FA0259_06.uasset <- ExportPackages <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc <- UIBaseDialog::CustomMessageLoop <- UIBaseDialog::ShowDialog: modal=1, title="Choose a package to open" <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1579 based

I keep getting this error for some folder exports, any ideas how to fix it?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2022, 00:54 »

@ninetalescommander: Could you provide names of a few other problematic assets? Only names are fine, full error messages are not required.
ninetalescommander

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2022, 04:50 »

2 of the ones I've found are the ones under Character which are "Environment" and "Property"
There may be others but those are the 2 so far I've found that give me the above error.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2022, 12:57 »

@ninetalescommander: I mean names of particular assets causing an error, not the whole folders. For example, in your previous error it's FA0259_06.uasset. I can't do batch operations on such big folders to check things.

Update: Specific build is updated in the same post, such meshes should now work properly. Didn't expect that a single mesh could consist of 60+ sections.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 14:01 by spiritovod » Logged
ninetalescommander

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 01, 2022, 04:56 »

Where did the download link go?
Edit: Never mind, found it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 04:58 by ninetalescommander » Logged
ninetalescommander

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 01, 2022, 16:35 »

I'm still getting errors on some of the contents in the "Environment" folder. I don't mean the 1 under "Characters", that works fine, I mean the 1 in the general content area.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: