March 28, 2024, 14:54
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [UE4] Blade & Soul Complete  (Read 15360 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2021, 15:26 »

Everything's fine, but the texture in many models seems to not be path correctly to the model or something else.
This was explained in FAQ.
https://www.gildor.org/projects/umodel/faq#Texturing-questions

When i open model in 3ds max i can put texture to the model, but with many models it will cost a looot of time to do it.  Is it something we can fix or it's nothing to be done?
I can't make 3ds Max to work faster.
Rockman98

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2022, 16:25 »

Hello,

I'm new here.

I want to export my character as 3D model to use it for another game.

Can i get my own BnS character as 3D model with UE Viewer?

Thanks,

Rockman98

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2022, 16:48 »

The client for Blade & Soul Complete (UE4 overhaul with content from the level 45 cap) was made available yesterday on NCSoft Korea's website. The game appears to be using UE 4.22. UModel is able to view and extract all data from the PAK files as far as I can tell. It seems like a majority of model data is inside UEXP files.

Pak Folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g2mqsD-hdn8F33snuSeyY7SxUBQCb52z/view?usp=sharing

The Google Drive link does not work.
zxhxy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2022, 20:45 »

I had a problem exporting the character animation
When opening the character's model, the skeleton of "00001_jinM_Skeleton" will be automatically loaded, which is inconsistent with its own naming, and the number of animations retrieved is also abnormal, so the character can never get the normal animation corresponding to itself. .
And even if the animation files can be exported normally, the capacity of the psa is larger than the data exported by other normal games

Currently the games I'm having the same problem with are Blade & Soul 2 and Dislyte (most characters)
I uploaded some Blade & Soul Complete files for testing
https://www.mediafire.com/file/sl1dgm47ljp8n15/Blade_%2526_Soul_Complete.zip/file

* 2022821-02515.png (83.58 KB, 784x577 - viewed 123 times.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 20:46 by zxhxy » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2022, 15:37 »

@zxhxy: Thanks for samples, but apparently you misunderstood things. Some games, including this one and Dislyte, are using master skeleton for almost all similar models (or even all of them), and many animations are applied via animation retargeting (you can look into UE documentation for more info about it). In the same time, umodel supports animation retargeting only for previewing (to a certain extent), but not for export. Change retargeting mode with Ctrl+R while previewing animations to see the difference. As a result you can get more or less fine looking, or something like on your screenshot. Umodel can't tell if animation is fully compatible with the loaded mesh if retargeting is used, it's up to the user to decide that (also based on animation names or just appearance).

The actual issue here is inconsistency between export size of psa and gltf formats, which was already mentioned in Dislyte topic. Retargeting itself is not an issue, that's how things work. I can only suggest to add animations manually via "append" option from context menu, based on their names and location in folders.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 15:44 by spiritovod » Logged
zxhxy

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2022, 17:30 »

@zxhxy: Thanks for samples, but apparently you misunderstood things. Some games, including this one and Dislyte, are using master skeleton for almost all similar models (or even all of them), and many animations are applied via animation retargeting (you can look into UE documentation for more info about it). In the same time, umodel supports animation retargeting only for previewing (to a certain extent), but not for export. Change retargeting mode with Ctrl+R while previewing animations to see the difference. As a result you can get more or less fine looking, or something like on your screenshot. Umodel can't tell if animation is fully compatible with the loaded mesh if retargeting is used, it's up to the user to decide that (also based on animation names or just appearance).

The actual issue here is inconsistency between export size of psa and gltf formats, which was already mentioned in Dislyte topic. Retargeting itself is not an issue, that's how things work. I can only suggest to add animations manually via "append" option from context menu, based on their names and location in folders.
thank you for your reply. As you said, the shape of the character after using the redirection is indeed normal, but the center of gravity animation is lost, so it seems that it can only move in place forever
MaxMouse

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2022, 18:08 »

ncsoft has released the full client and I have uploaded it and .paks files to OneDrive--Link

Do you know exactly which pak file contains just the playable character models and animations for that character? having trouble finding them
Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2022, 22:42 »

Hello here's a video showing that UModel exports BnS animations correctly and how to get them to play right in blender Maya or 3dsmax. Video is sped up so animations will look faster than they are, I'm not familiar with Blender the original video was 2 hours long.  blender importer based on Befzz's Blender PSK Importer from matyalatte .https://github.com/matyalatte/blender3d_import_psk_psa

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 00:48 by Dreadfred » Logged
RomillyPicasso

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2023, 15:12 »

Hello here's a video showing that UModel exports BnS animations correctly and how to get them to play right in blender Maya or 3dsmax. Video is sped up so animations will look faster than they are, I'm not familiar with Blender the original video was 2 hours long.  blender importer based on Befzz's Blender PSK Importer from matyalatte .https://github.com/matyalatte/blender3d_import_psk_psa

Thank you for your videos, they are very helpful. Could you upload more videos about BNS and UEViewer? Such as the file structure of BNS (from which directory to export the content) and how to get the complete header and install it on the body

I have another question, is it possible to export your own customized roles? Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 13:44 by RomillyPicasso » Logged
Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2023, 05:06 »

Hello RomillyPicasso, Gildor has videos that are above anything I can make.
The file structure is a mess, even worse in the 4.22 beta client, unfortunately no way around manually finding models you want and exporting them one by one, Maybe put Umodel in same folder as Pak file folder (all paks present) Open Umodel and in UI select Skel mesh and textures only, open game files in Umodel and select the character folder, right click and save package (not export) to a folder on your desktop, then place Umodel in the folder you saved to desktop and open and export character models and textures. Same with weapons and monsters, split things up to make things a bit more manageable.
Regarding attaching the head, I attached the parts of the model in UE5 and am not sure how to do it in blender, there's was a tutorial for Tera game models (3ds max) that might help somewhere on the site.
is it possible to export your own customized roles? unfortunately no.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 00:46 by Dreadfred » Logged
RomillyPicasso

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2023, 14:44 »

Thank you for your patient advice, you are very kind
I also watched the video you posted a year ago, Could I ask you two more questions?
what's the 'decooker' in your video? And why does UE(4.22 and 4.26 and 5.1.1) not recognize the .uasset and .uexp files(saved from umodel) when I copy it directly into the content folder in windows explorer? There are only empty folders In UE Editor.
Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2023, 01:00 »

@RomillyPicasso: what's the 'decooker' in your video? Have a look at tutorial video How to "Uncook" assets in Unreal coding section of forum.
And why does UE(4.22 and 4.26 and 5.1.1) not recognize the .uasset and .uexp files. Needs a modified version of Unreal editor. for me the uncooker script only works with some games made with UE 4.22 or 4.23, so you need 4.22 BnS beta client with modified UE 4.22.
If your exporting to blender/3ds max you don't need to bother with any of that (it takes hours to set up). Theres a video showing process with V4 game (UE 4.22) in the How to "Uncook" assets thread that also might help.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 01:27 by Dreadfred » Logged
RomillyPicasso

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2023, 01:20 »

Thank you for your help
I have a small discovery, when using umodel to export meshes, set the export format to gITF2.0 and I can import meshes directly into UE
It looks pretty convenient, but I didn't find anyone else mentioning this, is this recommended? Are there any disadvantages?
Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2023, 06:34 »

@RomillyPicasso Nice find, last time I checked unreal couldn't do that. I've tested it out with a few models, some times the smoothing is wrong and it cant handle more than more than four influence's per vertex. (blender seems to be the only software that can import glTF with more than four), everything else seems to work fine, I still prefer Pskx to fbx for unreal, but thanks for letting me know what I didn't know. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 07:10 by Dreadfred » Logged
Addeuss

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2023, 11:27 »

Thanks Gildor dds format did the trick. edit to clarify/answer the problem I had for anyone else.
Some textures exported as png or tga showed random black blocks (it only happens with bns), If you use a mask texture in ue4/ue5 with black blocks it will look wrong, dds format did the trick .

Quick basic how to Uncook bns assets using decook code from coding section of forum, maybe use to somebody.
 [youtube]https://youtu.be/67ue-wh4tmE[/youatube]
Hi Dreadfred, thanks for your video, its very helpful. All works fine but when i click rmb or  try to decook head mesh, ue4 crashed without debug notice. Just write Fatal error. Bro, what wrong?

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: