March 29, 2024, 00:24
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: UModel does not open new Lineage 2 packages  (Read 3841 times)
Altermann

Sad But True

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2020, 18:42 »

I support the author. In fact, a lot of dubious personalities with a bad reputation as a developer write to me personally, with an offer to sell a modified UMODEL for $ 450.
They're just parasitizing your work, Mr. Gildor. I would gladly pay this amount to you, not to these crooks.
SearchForHype

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2021, 22:40 »

Funny, someone contacted me too and asked for money. So if this won't get fixxed, people will use this as an oppatunity to scam / sell modified gildor souce.

I got the code to work with the newest packages with the help of a friend. It is fully working now for me, but this specific version wouldn't probably work with other games anymore. This is maybe the reason why gildor isn't working on this problem anymore. I have now a specific version for just Lineage2 and a version for the other games.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 23:56 »

I'm not working on this because

1) Lineage 2 community is something what I can't rely on. I've got too much negative from them - not from ALL of them, but still too much.
2) I can't follow all game's updates.
3) IMHO the game is too old, I'm supporting such games only if these are "something special" for me (e.g. Bioshock). Lineage is an ordinary game.
4) I've made support a few months ago, made a kind of "surprise" for the community. Decided that I have recent unpacked engine.dll (took it from this forum). Made all sample files (again, from this forum) working. After work done, someone informed me that the version which I supported wasn't latest, and there's already something newer. Upset.
5) And finally, I'm trying to do something different with UModel, to spend time on "global" things not related to some particular game. However, Fortnite (I hate this game) forced me to spend too much time doing UE4.26 stuff which is not used anywhere else. I sacrificed my job time (AKA "money") and family time for that, not leaving any space for anything else.
babyjason
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 11:48 »

I'm not working on this because

1) Lineage 2 community is something what I can't rely on. I've got too much negative from them - not from ALL of them, but still too much.
2) I can't follow all game's updates.
3) IMHO the game is too old, I'm supporting such games only if these are "something special" for me (e.g. Bioshock). Lineage is an ordinary game.
4) I've made support a few months ago, made a kind of "surprise" for the community. Decided that I have recent unpacked engine.dll (took it from this forum). Made all sample files (again, from this forum) working. After work done, someone informed me that the version which I supported wasn't latest, and there's already something newer. Upset.
5) And finally, I'm trying to do something different with UModel, to spend time on "global" things not related to some particular game. However, Fortnite (I hate this game) forced me to spend too much time doing UE4.26 stuff which is not used anywhere else. I sacrificed my job time (AKA "money") and family time for that, not leaving any space for anything else.
we totaly understand gildor, l2 community is huge, but not many know about your work or forum, i for once work on l2 since 2008

the version you got, fafurion is from 2018. it s 2 years + old that is why people were informing you newer stuff are not working.

there are crazy enhancement in l2 engine (beast lightning system for ex) , and the game looks incredible even today, stylistically and visualy , and many people did some incredible job with furthering enhancement, l2 is a timeless game no matter future improvements:

Sad to see about your decision, but I TOTALY RESPECT IT, being in the same boat, i have children, i have family and work , and still work the free time i have on l2 Sadly i am not a programmer, and my real life job had nothing to do with this, so what i learned i learned by myself, studying as much as i can all these years, but i cannot even measure up remotely to you and persons like you which are very few and rare to find.

Thank you for all your work, no matter what you do in the future, you gave us an incredible tool.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 11:56 by babyjason » Logged
JohnScott
L2tool User

"It's Our Imperfections That Make Us So Perfect"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 20:26 »

Lineage II is a very old game but miles away better than those recent mobile variations.

Gildor has a point.

Anyway, Lineage 2 community is sh*t, there's no respect each other. I would like to continue editing lineage 2 because I like L2's artistic feeling, but I'm ready to accept if this is not possible anymore.

In other gaming communities it is common for a developer to stop working on a project and other guys offer to continue, but on L2 community is different: Gildor don't wanna work with L2, the first thing that the community does is try to sell his stuff.

https://imgur.com/a/4cCPvzq

Drawing

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2021, 22:17 »

Maybe in the future someone will provide the modified version of umodel to open l2 packages. Let's wait.
On the other hand there are rumors of l2 remastered on UE4 , so let's wait couple of year ^^
babyjason
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2021, 12:15 »

so anyone could help open this package?

https://gofile.io/d/12yrFb
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2021, 19:01 »

No =)
noone will spend his time for free.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 19:54 by Teoma » Logged
Drawing

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2021, 22:02 »

No =)

except if have a sense of community as Gildor and others shown during those years
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2021, 23:31 »

On the other hand there are rumors of l2 remastered on UE4 , so let's wait couple of year ^^
Not sure about rumors, since it already exists for a year (for both PC and mobile platforms). You mean a version for west audience?
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2021, 13:50 »

No =)

except if have a sense of community as Gildor and others shown during those years
huh sense of whos community ? Its gildor hobby project he has main work that give him enough $ so he can spend some of his time on something that he is interested , l2 isnt his point of interest, so why someone capable of reversing l2engine should spend his time for free on something that others need , not for modding but for their own $ profit from those new models, for selling as donates...
u want something pay for it
Drawing

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2021, 22:22 »

huh sense of whos community ? Its gildor hobby project he has main work that give him enough $ so he can spend some of his time on something that he is interested , l2 isnt his point of interest, so why someone capable of reversing l2engine should spend his time for free on something that others need , not for modding but for their own $ profit from those new models, for selling as donates...
u want something pay for it

Have a look on Xentax forum and zenhax, full of users that spend their time for reversing engine and sharing their tools with the community FOR FREE, in advance on that platform it's forbidden to ask or sell tools for money. So Yeah, people with a sense of community are still alive ( fortunately).

I spend money if people deserve it, not just for a modified version of and existing tool ( based on gildor's years of work) that is sold for a lot of money exploiting "market rule" of monopoly.
I spend money for people that spend hours building something from SCRATCH, not for silly egocentric people that would be nothing without previsous efforts.

Despite that, I don't blame gildor for not giving advance support for this game, he has done enough, now it's  time other users give their help for the project. ( I wish)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 22:28 by Drawing » Logged
Drawing

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2021, 22:26 »

Not sure about rumors, since it already exists for a year (for both PC and mobile platforms). You mean a version for west audience?

there are rumors about a remastered version of Lineage 2 pc version ( not revolution not 2m, the original one) with UE 4 ( the current one that now use 2.5 ) but  it's stated that it will take years and maybe in couple of years it will be launched ( unless it will be cancelled)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 22:30 by Drawing » Logged
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2021, 23:41 »

xaxa u are funny guy u decide what job has to be paid and what not ?
And what about the models u might get from latest korean client, u put them on your server and get donates from those models , how that interfere with your principals - 'work from scratch' =))
go on ,hire some 3d model maker and make yourself a copy of those models )) no need to find here someone who will extract them for free .
Drawing

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2021, 00:34 »

xaxa u are funny guy u decide what job has to be paid and what not ?
And what about the models u might get from latest korean client, u put them on your server and get donates from those models , how that interfere with your principals - 'work from scratch' =))
go on ,hire some 3d model maker and make yourself a copy of those models )) no need to find here someone who will extract them for free .

I'm not finding someone to extract them , there are plenty of game full of fantasy art resources I can "work" with, no need to focus on this one.  The
discussion was related to nowadays  dev community in general and to this case in particular.

I don't have a private server of Lineage II and never worked with that game.

I never asked money for mods, it's an hobby , I do it for fun, and if i'm able to mod a game it's thanks to people that developed tools  (most of them released for free) , my "work" it's just adapt an existing model to an existing game ,not worthing any money ; if I would like to make it a job I would spend money in learning modelling and selling my own stuff. That's how it interfere with my principle of "doing from scratch" Smiley

Your message it's totaly trash since it roots in nowhere, please understand how to argue with user, poiting out facts and not just assumption based on your ignorance ( no knowledge ) of one's life.

p.s: My position on this topic it s completelly resumed by Altermann post on the top if this page

« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 01:15 by Drawing » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: