March 28, 2024, 18:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default II  (Read 1688 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2020, 04:26 »

Game: Bravely Default II (steam page / eshop page)
UE4 version: 4.23
AES key: in the same place as usual (link), required for PC version

All works fine - including meshes, textures and animations - with the latest umodel build (1515 at the moment). Don't forget to use "Switch" in platform settings for NSW version, otherwise textures will be swizzled.

Update: Full version is also fully compatible with latest umodel (except few custom materials). Though unlike demo, full version is using zstd compression, which is not supported by umodel yet. Use 4.25 quickbms script from here to extract assets.
Update 2: You can also use specific umodel build (download) with zstd compression support to view assets directly from pak without extracting them.
Update 3: PC version seems like exact copy of NSW version in terms of resources and compatibility with umodel.

* Clipboard02.jpg (163.57 KB, 2548x1226 - viewed 351 times.)

* Clipboard03.jpg (167.3 KB, 2542x1229 - viewed 581 times.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 19:55 by spiritovod » Logged
animanXPS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 14:58 »

This game is DEMO. I think it's not good to put ripping information.
Games that do not have a PC port are difficult to get key if they are encrypted...
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 16:40 »

@Gildor: Sorry, I've added some info about the game in the first post.
@animanXPS: I didn't actually see any encrypted UE4 games on consoles. The console itself is already enough protection in most cases.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 21:18 »

First post updated, since full version is already out.

@Gildor: I wonder if this warning [BoolProperty "UAnimSequence4::bForceRootLock" was not found] is typical for some particular animations.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 23:24 »

This is not a problem at all, just the property which UModel doesn't know. I've decided to change the text of the warning, probably it will scary people less now. In the next build the message will look like this:
UAnimSequence4: unknown BoolProperty bForceRootLock
Let me know what you think about that Smiley
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 00:36 »

@Gildor: I understand what such warning means in general Smiley I was asking if it belongs to some particular animations (like, additive type or something) or it's just a common property which can be used in any animation. It's kind of helpful when collecting statistics of errors and warnings, in case if similar assets may work in one game and may not in others.
And please don't change current warnings. Almost all users are ignoring them anyway and submit only critical ones, for the rest they would be more noticeable in current form and it's easier to parse them in logs like that.

Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 03:32 »

Tried it, followed instructions using the bms indicated and even narrowed down the folder selection, just always get a fatal error.

Code:
Stack overflow (C00000FD) at umodel.exe+0x12E36
UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceConstant::AppendReferencedTextures <- UMaterialInstanceCo
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 09:59 »

Are you using recent UModel?
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 20:02 »

Yes, the build released on the 26th.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 10:42 »

Then - please upload the problematic assets. Use "save packages" for extracting them from the pak file. IMPORTANT: test for the problem on separated data before sending, it is possible that you'll need so send multiple uasset files, e.g. MaterialInstance, parent Material, and referenced textures.

There's a problem with MaterialInstance - possibly there's a reference loop somewhere, so UModel attempts to collect list of used textures from asset's parent, then its parent, then some parent refers to some child asset again, and so on.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 15:50 »

@Gildor: It's too bothersome to reproduce the error. For example when you're opening Content\Characters\ACC\ACC004\ACC004_F1 (mesh), it's linked to Content\Materials\Master\M_Character among others, which is master material for many other meshes, and M_Character also invokes a lot of materials from Engine\Content\Functions. So if umodel is trying to iterate through each linked material, it will be like hundreds of them - but only few particular meshes will crash umodel.
I think it's literally impossible to narrow down the issue manually. Because it occurs only with very few meshes (despite other meshes are linked to M_Character in the same way) and they all works fine if you put folders aside (i.e. error occurs when you open the whole game, but doesn't occur if you open physically separated Characters\ACC or Characters\Monster folders). I've tried a lot of separated assets, but this crash can be reproduced only within the whole game context.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 15:55 by spiritovod » Logged
Cow

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 22:35 »

@spiritovod: Do you have any idea why some UI textures are turning out this way?
There's this increasing 128px offset that pushes the texture to the right every 256px.
I tried to fix them manually in Photoshop but I always end up missing the bottom right part of the texture.

I'm trying to get all the card game textures but they all have the same problem.

* screenshot.png (173.65 KB, 802x772 - viewed 167 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2021, 00:41 »

@Cow: It's a known issue in umodel, when both switch swizzling and compression (non-DXT ones, like ASTC or BC7) are used, especially in case if its dimensions are not multiple of 128. I can only suggest to use third-party tools to extract and convert textures from such assets manually.
For example, if you'll use rawtex on corresponding uexp file (T_CG_Card_023.uexp) with the following parameters: offset = 0x193, texture dimensions = 2048x256, BC7, switch swizzle - you'll get something like the attachment.

* T_CG_Card_023.png (168.92 KB, 2048x256 - viewed 126 times.)
* rawtex.zip (240.19 KB - downloaded 43 times.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 17:30 by spiritovod » Logged
Cow

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2021, 13:40 »

@spiritovod: Thank you very much! works perfectly like that. laugh
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2021, 20:40 »

Specific umodel build with zstd compression support added to the first post. With it you can view assets directly from pak. It should also work with any other game using the same compression method. If you'll bump into compression related errors with that build, please let me know.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: