March 29, 2024, 16:41
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Path of Titans  (Read 1329 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2020, 22:15 »

Game: Path of Titans (official site)
UE4 version: 4.25 (previous versions) / 4.26 (current version)

All works fine - including meshes, textures and animations - with the latest umodel build (1387 at the moment). Expect a few custom materials.

Update: For latest game versions and better materials support use specific build from this topic, you need to use game specific override. Build from this topic should work with latest game version as well, although without proper materials, but it's not tied to UE4 version in case of future upgrades.

* Clipboard10.jpg (115.87 KB, 2546x1228 - viewed 243 times.)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 19:49 by spiritovod » Logged
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 00:53 »

It seems that the file structure has changed, as an error occurs on export.

Code:
ERROR: assertion failed: !isUnicode
UnPackage::LoadNameTableIoStore <- UnPackage::LoadPackageIoStore <- UnPackage::UnPackage: /Game/Biomes/Meadow/Materials/M_grass_color_var_Inst.uasset, ver=518/0, game=ue4.25 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): /Game/Biomes/Meadow/Materials/M_grass_color_var_Inst.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1579

Samples https://mega.nz/folder/OTAw3LAD#CwzKNUCp3JaKSQinz6btHg
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 19:12 »

@09williamsad: You need to include "global" files with samples in case when iostore format is used (utoc/ucas), otherwise it's not possible to check actual assets. In general, specific build from this topic should somehow work for latest game version, maybe except for bulk export.
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 19:25 »

Sorry, what does "global files" mean in this situation?

That specific build detects the structure but cannot view or export any assets.
Log "/Game/Dinosaur/Characters/Albertaceratops/Animations/AimOffset/AS_Styraco_LP_R.uasset: missed 2 imports from 2/3 unknown packages"

For reference, these files are from the free Android version.
The rest of the samples are uploading to the mega folder.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 19:43 by 09williamsad » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 19:56 »

@09williamsad: In case if UE4 is using iostore format, there should be global.ucas+utoc files among packages, without them not umodel, nor any other compatible tool can't parse assets properly.
I've updated first post with actual info for the game, and also updated specific "materials" build with support for this game. Bulk export is not recommended in this particular case, but the rest seems to work fine, including meshes and animations.
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 22:37 »

Sorry, I got threads mixed up.

I found the global files, but errors still occur.
Sample files updated.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 22:50 »

@09williamsad: I've checked updated samples and couldn't produce any error with both builds. Note that for "materials" build you need to use game specific override (Unreal 4 -> Path of Titans) and for "mid_425" build you just need to choose proper engine version (4.26 for current game version). Open "path\files\assetpacks" in one of them, do a full scan and open a mesh (with auto-search for animations or not). If you'll be able to produce a crash with any compatible asset this way, let me know. And don't use batch export, at least not on a root folder. 
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 23:04 »

@spiritvod Thanks, I was selecting 4.25 which caused the error.

Batch export does work for everything, except some audio with both clients.

Code:
******** Loading object SoundWave'CarcassFliesLarge.CarcassFliesLarge' ********
ERROR: Memory: bad allocation size 837813248 bytes
appMalloc: size=837813248 (total=14 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: -2040550720 x 48 <- TArray::Serialize: 0/0 <- USoundWave::Serialize <- LoadObject: SoundWave'CarcassFliesLarge.CarcassFliesLarge', pos=616, ver=522/0, game=pathtitans <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Sound/Environment/Carcass/CarcassFliesLarge.uasset <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1579 based

******** Loading object SoundWave'SpinoShakeWater2.SpinoShakeWater2' ********
ERROR: Memory: bad allocation size -2016660912 bytes
appMalloc: size=-2016660912 (total=20 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: 1031728055 x 48 <- TArray::Serialize: 0/0 <- USoundWave::Serialize <- LoadObject: SoundWave'SpinoShakeWater2.SpinoShakeWater2', pos=378, ver=522/0, game=pathtitans <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Sound/Movement/Shaking/Spino/SpinoShakeWater2.uasset <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1579 based
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 23:25 »

@09williamsad: Most audio is not supported in umodel since around 4.25. It's better to use fmodel for that.
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 00:37 »

Thanks for the help.

For those interested, converted models and audio is in my archive.
I cannot post it here, but if you google my username you should find it.
SimpleChimple

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2021, 04:51 »

Hey, this helped a ton, thank you!

I had one question and wanted to see if anyone else knew. How can I get the skins to work correctly when exporting? Currently only the baby skin works, and all other skins export as color maps for patterns. I would like to be able to see the skins in blender, if anyone can help me either export them correctly or open them correctly that would be great.  Cheesy
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2021, 10:00 »

I used to watch their YouTube videos of them making the game.

Path of Titans Youtube

Blender + Linux User Here.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2021, 21:29 »

@SimpleChimple: If I remember correctly, only baby skins has classic diffuse/albedo textures, in other cases complex layered materials are used. Umodel is suitable for previewing only common kind of materials, the rest should be recreated manually in third-party apps like blender (if possible, since some materials can use shaders as well).
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: