March 29, 2024, 05:10
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [UE4] Soul Dossier / Spirit Detective  (Read 1979 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2021, 22:15 »

Game: Soul Dossier / 封灵档案 (steam page)
Alias name (re-listed version): Spirit Detective (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.26
AES key: in the same place as usual (link)

Static meshes and textures works fine with the latest umodel build (1487 at the moment). Almost all materials are custom.
Update: Skeletal meshes and animations also works fine with umodel builds starting from 1504 and newer.
Update 2: For latest game versions you need to open NotesOfSoul\Content\Paks folder directly to avoid picking up server files.

It's not directly related, but as you know umodel works fine only with external paths with characters supported by current locale (if forced unicode option is not set in regional settings). For example, if you're using english locale, you can't open paks from a folder with chinese characters (umodel will not recognize them). Though if you have "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" option enabled in regional settings, umodel will work fine with any kind of external paths regardless of current locale, but use that option with caution due to possible problems with other apps.

* Clipboard11.jpg (141.8 KB, 2543x1234 - viewed 644 times.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 03:28 by spiritovod » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 19:33 »

First post updated. The game is fully supported in recent umodel builds.
Anathema

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 14:34 »

Thank you =w=7
Kitraiden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 17:32 »

Game: Soul Dossier / 封灵档案 (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.26
AES key: in the same place as usual (link)

Static meshes and textures works fine with the latest umodel build (1487 at the moment). Almost all materials are custom.
Update: Skeletal meshes and animations also works fine with umodel builds starting from 1504 and newer.

It's not directly related, but as you know umodel works fine only with external paths with characters supported by current locale (if forced unicode option is not set in regional settings). For example, if you're using english locale, you can't open paks from a folder with chinese characters (umodel will not recognize them). Though if you have "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" option enabled in regional settings, umodel will work fine with any kind of external paths regardless of current locale, but use that option with caution due to possible problems with other apps.

I tried to open the game with the newest build but the meshes have all no LOD, why tho? it isn't supported in the last build or like i have to extract the pak first? (to view the files of the pak, since i didn't see any option "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" i just renamed the game folder)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2022, 20:12 »

@Kitraiden: Apparently they put server files inside the base game (NotesOfSoul\TrainModule), so you need to open client packages directly (NotesOfSoul\Content\Paks). Otherwise client assets are replaced with server ones upon building directory tree in umodel, which doesn't contain actual mesh/texture data. I've updated first post accordingly.
kofing1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 19:00 »

hello,
Today, two years later, the documents have changed and the movements cannot be found. The body parts are not integrated
 ;DAre you still interested in fixing this game? Can you give me a hint of. anim

spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 23:10 »

@kofing1: Actually nothing has changed since last update in the first post from two years ago. The game is using separate meshes to build full character model, like most games with customizable characters. For example, on the screenshot in the first post you can see list of combined meshes at the left. As for animations, the game is using retargeting and most animations are linked to "base" meshes. You can check this topic for general explanation for both things.
kofing1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2024, 11:53 »

@kofing1: Actually nothing has changed since last update in the first post from two years ago. The game is using separate meshes to build full character model, like most games with customizable characters. For example, on the screenshot in the first post you can see list of combined meshes at the left. As for animations, the game is using retargeting and most animations are linked to "base" meshes. You can check this topic for general explanation for both things.
That's cool. I completed the list component according to your method, but encountered an issue while exporting using gltf
And model actions cannot be exported, the model is scattered
Except for some problems about export, I have got the answers to the basic questions in the old posts.
Thank you. I have learnt a lot from you.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 10:10 by kofing1 » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2024, 17:13 »

@kofing1: You can disable retargeting mode in the viewer (Ctrl+R) to understand how animation will look like upon export. For retargeted animation, which is not directly compatible with the mesh, it looks deformed. Currently retargeting adjustments as in the viewer are supported only in ActorX importer for 3ds max. The rest is out of scope of umodel.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: