March 28, 2024, 23:15
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Century: Age of Ashes  (Read 4397 times)
Nisama

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2021, 02:59 »

First day of the release and im getting this error. Am i doing something wrong or are the files simply compressed differently now so the app cant extract them?

lzo_decompress(1163,2392) returned -6
appDecompress: CompSize=1163 UncompSize=2392 Flags=0xFF Bytes=9BC1 <- SerializeCompressed <- FPakFile::Serialize: file=/Game/Characters/Hero/H02/ABP_Menu_H02.uasset <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- UnPackage::CreateLoader: /Game/Characters/Hero/H02/ABP_Menu_H02.uasset <- UnPackage::UnPackage: /Game/Characters/Hero/H02/ABP_Menu_H02.uasset, ver=100000/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): /Game/Characters/Hero/H02/ABP_Menu_H02.uasset <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc <- UIBaseDialog::CustomMessageLoop <- UIBaseDialog::ShowDialog: modal=1, title="Choose a package to open" <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1579
SYNDERAGE

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2021, 03:10 »

First day of the release and im getting this error. Am i doing something wrong or are the files simply compressed differently now so the app cant extract them?

lzo_decompress(1163,2392) returned -6
appDecompress: CompSize=1163 UncompSize=2392 Flags=0xFF Bytes=9BC1 <- SerializeCompressed <- FPakFile::Serialize: file=/Game/Characters/Hero/H02/ABP_Menu_H02.uasset <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- UnPackage::CreateLoader: /Game/Characters/Hero/H02/ABP_Menu_H02.uasset <- UnPackage::UnPackage: /Game/Characters/Hero/H02/ABP_Menu_H02.uasset, ver=100000/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): /Game/Characters/Hero/H02/ABP_Menu_H02.uasset <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc <- UIBaseDialog::CustomMessageLoop <- UIBaseDialog::ShowDialog: modal=1, title="Choose a package to open" <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1579

same problem(
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2021, 18:03 »

Apparently they've modified compression scheme. Unfortunately I don't have much time lately to investigate such things, but if someone still has files from second closed beta (from around this year's spring), please PM me, it would be appreciated.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2022, 23:46 »

On the screenshot (already removed) assets are opened from extracted folder, not from a package (root folder for default mount point is different). I suppose there shouldn't be any problem with already extracted resources, but default tools like unrealpak will certainly not work for game package, unless they're somehow modified. There is also a development build for this game, according to steamdb, so there are various possibilities, including possible third-party tools for extraction.

If no actual solution will be provided in near future, I'll ask to remove all posts from the topic up until this one, since the rest doesn't contain any valuable information and can be considered as offtopic and speculations.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 16:53 by spiritovod » Logged
Motoko

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2022, 06:57 »

Since CBT is (to my knowledge) unavailable (as the game has already released) they have indeed changed the compression so without a specific script, no, you cannot open the content in any program. This thread still has a use (why make two threads for the same game?)

Someone will have to write a third-party tool to extract the .pak contents (there is only one .pak in the content folder.)
SYNDERAGE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2022, 19:35 »

Any news?
hivoltage

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2022, 16:01 »

It appears to be set up using a DB via the network between the server and client. There is a file that is set up so that only the game knows where and how to extract it into memory. I notice the game shut down VLC and other apps to free up memory for the game. If there is a memory extractor out there it may work. However because they moved the game files or at least some of them to the sever they are not on your system unless you are actually playing the game. \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Century\Century\Binaries\Win64 <-- This folder contains all the DLL's necessary to run the game. I am not a seasoned or experienced programmer to debug these nor do I have time. Its an interesting game and I had no idea it was created until recently.
Motoko

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2022, 03:40 »

It appears to be set up using a DB via the network between the server and client. There is a file that is set up so that only the game knows where and how to extract it into memory. I notice the game shut down VLC and other apps to free up memory for the game. If there is a memory extractor out there it may work. However because they moved the game files or at least some of them to the sever they are not on your system unless you are actually playing the game. \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Century\Century\Binaries\Win64 <-- This folder contains all the DLL's necessary to run the game. I am not a seasoned or experienced programmer to debug these nor do I have time. Its an interesting game and I had no idea it was created until recently.

There are still people datamining the game, so this is false.
Thetahs

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2022, 09:52 »

Any updates or anyone have any luck?
Motoko

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2022, 00:22 »

Any updates or anyone have any luck?

Nope. Most people cba to share what they found if anything.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2023, 18:21 »

Support for latest game versions is added to specific build from this topic - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (4.27 for latest versions, 4.26 for older ones).
Alternatively, you can extract game packages with respective quickbms script from specific scripts bundle, available here (for more info read sticked topic), and then open extracted assets in latest official umodel build (1589 at the moment).

* Clipboard01.jpg (100.38 KB, 2556x1248 - viewed 104 times.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 22:27 by spiritovod » Logged
LegnaX

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2023, 01:03 »

I should delete all of this, but I'm so stupid I will just leave it there.

So, what was I doing wrong? This:

For some reason, every time I opened this list on the build from Oct 22, 2022, I saw Unreal Engine 4.25 Plus at the bottom and immediately assumed that this is the most recent version (since it's 4.25+, it also covers 4.26, and 4.27, I assumed) and ultimately didn't see the 4.26 and 4.27 immediately on top of this one. So, I opened the extracted .pak I did before (not the original, that one still crashes the program), and indeed, selecting the 4.27 with the build from Oct 22, 2022 worked, and I could load the animations:

So, yeah, definitely, it was the settings. I'm sorry for my insistence! And thanks for your help!

@spiritovod: But I just downloaded the one you linked before:
"Support for latest game versions is added to specific build from this topic (https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,7906.0.html) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (4.27 for latest versions, 4.26 for older ones)."

I was using the normal (most recent) version (Oct 22 (build 1589)) and using Unreal Engine 4.25 Plus, which managed to open the game .pak file, but is unable to view the models on it (it crashes with a similar error I posted before).

Then, I tried downloading the version from your post (Jan 18, 2023 (build 1579 based fix 15)) and using Unreal Engine 4.27, which also managed to open the game but also crashes as soon as you try viewing any model:

Finally, I tried following the AES key mentioned in the post you linked, which took me to the scripts to extract the game and the quickbms, which helped me decompress the game and get the files outside the pak. Now, using the same build as before (Jan 18, 2023 (build 1579 based fix 15)), I cannot only browse the extracted files but also see the models and extract them, with the difference that I cannot load any animation (since it crashes again).

If I'm using the wrong version of the editor or doing something wrong, please tell me if it's not too much of an inconvenience. I've used this program countless times and extracted many assets from multiple games, such as Spyro RT, ARK, and others. I'm just having issues with this one. I am also sure that my Century game is on the last version since the game was downloaded last week.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 01:19 by LegnaX » Logged
TokiFuko

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2023, 19:47 »

Hi, everyones!
Do it works with newest version of game? August updates, includes wolves riders
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2023, 21:32 »

@TokiFuko: Afaik, latest game version is still supported by specific build, mentioned above.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: