April 19, 2024, 04:03
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: MK9  (Read 90383 times)
coopmaster

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2011, 19:53 »

hmmm i cant figure this out so while im extracting i can open the models but once its done i cant do anything. looks like im gonna have to delete some files i guess
coopmaster

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2011, 20:25 »

okay i got it guess something down the line was messing it up. interesting that textures on the characters are messed up .
Jodan

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2011, 07:49 »

Hello, new to the forum but I've been following this for a while, Gildor this is a amazing tool you put together; it is nice to get to look at how this stuff is made.  

I had a question in regards to mk, when you export character's from this game using umodel, the textures, are not applied to the model.  Two problems arise because of this and I was hoping someone on this thread had a solution.  

The first issue is that a imported character has all otherwise (normally) separated parts welded together; I was looking for a option (perhaps a switch) that could export without merging the injury wound planes, main mesh, and organs/bones into a single piece (trying to apply textures is a pain as a result of this).  I know how to do separate the mesh piece by piece but, the process heavily time consuming and I was looking for an easier way (I looked into some mscripts (they attempt to cut up the mesh into different parts) with a few proving to be of some use but, they are far from a great solution).  

The second question is what would be the best method to setup the textures for these characters; well, more specifically how to correctly setup a color mask in the material editor (max), the correct setup of the textures that change the color of the outfits, etc. is different from what I am familiar with...
From what I read this process seems to be similar to how textures/materials are setup in SC4 and the Mass Effct series... any help is appreciated.

EDIT: just remembered another question I wanted to ask, has anyone been able to successfully extract Kratos? as I understand it, from info on this thread, the skeletal mesh can't be read by umodel (it is heavily modified) I was curious if there was a way to scan the file for just mesh data and ignore the bone data to permit extraction of the model (perhaps that part of the file would not be to different from the static mesh).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:27 by Jodan » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2011, 12:32 »

I can answer the 3rd question
EDIT: just remembered another question I wanted to ask, has anyone been able to successfully extract Kratos? as I understand it, from info on this thread, the skeletal mesh can't be read by umodel (it is heavily modified) I was curious if there was a way to scan the file for just mesh data and ignore the bone data to permit extraction of the model (perhaps that part of the file would not be to different from the static mesh).
Where did you get information that "bone data" prevents Kratos exporting?? I can extract bone data (skeleton) of the Kratos, but no its geometry.
Tosyk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2011, 13:46 »

The second question is...
From what I read this process seems to be similar to how textures/materials are setup in SC4 and the Mass Effct series... any help is appreciated.
you can check my tutorial about sc4 coloring here

Коллекционирую игровые модели.
my blog - http://cgig.ru
Jodan

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2011, 09:40 »

ok, Gildor and Tosyk, thanks for the responses; as for the ps thing, I had thought it was bones, makes more sense now that you mention it that the issue is with the mesh.  The color in mk is actually still handled a bit different that your tutorial Tosyk, I had looked at it before but after taking a third and forth look, I think I now have a better idea.  These textures use a R,G and B channel to mask/change color in addition to another forth channel "an alpha channel"

I will write something up when I get a solid/simple method for coloring the textures for mk and I was curious if anyone here got any mesh files for xb360 dlc models (I am reffering to ken cp2 or ra1n cp3? ... night..
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2011, 08:23 »

Grin
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2011, 19:33 »

that is a killer....cute cat!
sn00p

Oh Wut ?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2011, 23:52 »

khanbot

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2012, 10:34 »

Hello.  I have a small request.
Is someone willing to upload a package/file with any one character from this game?  Not the extracted one, but from the game's iso.  I don't know how to extract stuff from my disc as I no has a PC drive with some modded firmware and all them cool stuffs.  I just wanna try out umodel myself, but without the file/package I can't do anything!  so yea Smiley
or better if someone already has uploaded such file, please provide link for this noob.   Grin
Thanks for ur time.  Smiley
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2012, 19:26 »

Is someone willing to upload a package/file with any one character from this game?  Not the extracted one, but from the game's iso.  I don't know how to extract stuff from my disc as I no has a PC drive with some modded firmware and all them cool stuffs.  I just wanna try out umodel myself, but without the file/package I can't do anything!  so yea Smiley
or better if someone already has uploaded such file, please provide link for this noob.   Grin

Dude, that is illegal, go find it somewhere else. This message board is not about doing illegal things.
If you push it, you will be banned.

..:: ESR911 ::..
Darko

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2012, 21:02 »

Install the game in a pendrive
Extract the content
Profit.
khanbot

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2012, 15:19 »

ignore pls 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 20:58 by khanbot » Logged
khanbot

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2012, 21:03 »

Hello again. 
So I did manage to export a model into Max.  please spare teh noobness here but I've seen this question thrown around here a bunch of times and I've run into the same problem as well, so I am gonna ask again. 
Is there a way to get the hi-res model with correct textures and all imported to Max?  I read on some previous page about some packages using 2 maps or something but it all passed straight over my head Sad
So I request again, if anyone knows or has managed to get a hi res model(with proper textures, not fully grayed model) imported to Max please tell/share any info here.  I be very thankful if you please.  Smiley
Darko

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2012, 01:59 »

I don't know what's the problem, the main model just uses 2 textures: the body and hair. If you wanna get rid of the damage model and internal model, just select those uv's in unwrap uvw editor, convert selection to faces, getout from the editor and convert the model in a mesh, select the cube of elements and those models were goint to be selected automatically and you can delete them without any problem. For assigning textures is the same, just assign the 2 textures from the material editor.

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: