Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: MK9  (Read 90392 times)
bm

View Profile
Re: MK9
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2011, 19:32 »

Hi, gildor. first off thanks for make support to MK9.

i have a question about the models.

1. The skeleton mesh in exported to 1 only mesh. like it is a combine of a lot of mesh.
    Is the only way to import it to max? now looks like 1 mesh have 50 shading attached.

2. I can't import the models with texutres in max. i follow the data in this forum but looks like don't work with this game or i doing stg wrong.

can you tell me if is working the importer with textures support for MK9 please?

thanks
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2011, 19:37 »

1. The skeleton mesh in exported to 1 only mesh. like it is a combine of a lot of mesh.
    Is the only way to import it to max? now looks like 1 mesh have 50 shading attached.
Mesh is exported "as is", without any combine operations.
2. I can't import the models with texutres in max. i follow the data in this forum but looks like don't work with this game or i doing stg wrong.
MK mesh should be imported into Max like for any other game.
can you tell me if is working the importer with textures support for MK9 please?
it should work
Ize

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2011, 21:33 »

I have imported MK9 Models just fine with the latest Umodel & the latest Maxscript...

I deleted all texturegroups except the first and slapped on the defuse material... worked fine Smiley
Nobby76

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2011, 01:47 »

Just wanted to say, i did my first MK extraction tests today,  first one didn't work, then i realised i hadn't actually updated UE viewer  to include the MK extraction yet Tongue
after i updated it worked first go, tested it on the first file i found which was the file AVA_wireframe  looked like a standard xbox avatar model.  everything seemed to import ok. so that was cool. now to start ripping apart all the models  Grin

Once again guys you outdid yourselves, awesome job on getting MK working.

Nobby76
bm

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2011, 04:24 »

Thanks Gildor. i found the error.

In the Importer you don't have to select the material folder. you have to select the Extracted Package folder Smiley

All is coming with textures now and reimporting in maya wth fbx format.

thanks and again.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2011, 09:01 »

Thanks Gildor. i found the error.
In the Importer you don't have to select the material folder. you have to select the Extracted Package folder Smiley
That's not an error. You've just discovered how to use importer in a right way Smiley
There may be a lot of material folders and a lot of texture folders, so for automatic texturing you should select parent of all these folders (usually it is a directory where you've exported assets), and enable "recurse" checkbox.
bm

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2011, 17:50 »

yes, you are right, it's not a error, the error is in me Tongue

sorry for ask you a lot about this this game but i really want those models with the correct textures.

i tested CHAR_Jade_B.xxx file, also in the umodel viewer the model don't show the textures in the mesh. only colors.

I tested the imported lining the material folder to the assets folder and CHAR_Jade_B folder but the shaders lost the link of the textures. btw i checked the "recurse" checkbox.

I know that you haven't a lot of time for all this but if you are able to make it can you test it please?

here is the file.

https://rapidshare.com/files/459108779/CHAR_Jade_B.zip

i extracted it from my original MK9 Kollector game (xbox360)

thanks for your work and time.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2011, 18:17 »

This package (and some other MK packages) has 2 meshes inside: one is low-poly and well textured, another one is hi-poly and it has "strange" texturing. Hi-poly mesh has 2-pass texturing: the 1st pass maps mesh material, the 2nd pass (I think) adds some additional effects like pain skins etc (I haven't seen the game so I can suppose only). In the umodel viewer 2nd pass overrides mesh texture and mesh appeared on the screen with "default material", i.e. untextured. There is no way to remove 2nd pass, it's too MK-specific.
I don't know whether 1st pass UV mapping is correct or not. MK has 2 UV channels for skeletal meshes, umodel has support for the 1st channel only.
Nobby76

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2011, 23:41 »

I think i understand what you mean gildor. i hope  Grin
Some of the models i looked at, you have like.... The main character, then you have sections of the model which look like ripped clothes ( which is all combined into the main model ) it looks as if the first few material slots ( usually having main names like Eyes, or accessories ) are the main models materials and anything that is labeled up as Mat 4 mat 5 mat 6 etc are those little Damage areas, that will show as you get more beaten up. the models were very similar in MK Vs DCU they had a lot of damage areas too.
As i dont really know how to use MAX very well ( i do all my 3d in lightwave ) im not sure how to select polygons just by material name, but in other editors ( or in max ) if you can select all the materials that have non standard names ( mat 4 mat 5 mat 6 etc ) and remove those parts from the mesh you should be left with just the basic character ( and his clothes or hat, they are part of accessories ) and you can just map the Diff textures to those parts and it should come out uv'd properly. ill give it a test later.

Nobby.
LordAbortion

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2011, 08:58 »

You have not specified, but probably you've trying to extract PS3 files. I think these files are encrypted and require decryption before use.
How could one go about decrypting ps3 files? If I understand correctly, we can't get models from PS3 version, but hi-res textures are a possibility. If I'm correct, I'd love to find someone who's extracted the various CHAR files as I haven't been able to get any of my PS3 Kollector's files to work properly, I got a few messed up normals, but that's at least extracting something, I may not understand the process completely, but I will be paying close attention to everyone's posts to try to snag some info. Does anyone have CHAR_REPTILE_C while I'm taking up your time? Thanks for everything, especially Gildor!
Warlord
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2011, 18:30 »

IF ITS PS3 YOU MUST USE THE -PS3 SWITCH!

It says it when you run UE, I saw it straight away I don't understand how people are missing this?

LordAbortion

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2011, 22:37 »

IF ITS PS3 YOU MUST USE THE -PS3 SWITCH!

It says it when you run UE, I saw it straight away I don't understand how people are missing this?

Forgive me, I'm sorry that nobody made the correlation between the"-PS3" Switch and "Decryption," that's how it was missed. I'm sure you have a pressing thesis on quantum electrodynamics to be working on, so sorry to pull you away from your important work, Professor.

Now that I'm done being a dick, the -PS3 switch seems to have no effect, I can extract the X360 packages, a user posted Jade a few posts back and that works fine, but even after decompression, it seems UE does not enjoy my rips, citing cannot find package as the error. I could probably just be patient, and wait for someone to upload additional characters, especially considering skeletal meshes from PS3 are ridiculous.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2011, 22:54 »

I'm sure you have a pressing thesis on quantum electrodynamics to be working on, so sorry to pull you away from your important work, Professor.
Grin
but even after decompression, it seems UE does not enjoy my rips, citing cannot find package as the error.
That's a standard error when you're using umodel incorrectly. Post your command line here. (but most probably you've extracted packages somewhere where folder name has a spaces inside, and forgot to enclose filename into the double quotes)
especially considering skeletal meshes from PS3 are ridiculous.
PS3 MK skeletal meshes are not supported.
LordAbortion

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2011, 00:22 »

I'm sure you have a pressing thesis on quantum electrodynamics to be working on, so sorry to pull you away from your important work, Professor.
Grin
Haha while I appreciate your sense of humor, that rather douchey remark was not directed at you, apologies Gildor!

That's a standard error when you're using umodel incorrectly. Post your command line here. (but most probably you've extracted packages somewhere where folder name has a spaces inside, and forgot to enclose filename into the double quotes)
I think I got it right, I used cd c:\temp\unpacked umodel -export -ps3 -noanim -nomesh CHAR_SUBZERO_C.XXX, the nomesh was the most recent addition that I believe made it work.

PS3 MK skeletal meshes are not supported.
PS3 does everything the lame way, while the superior hardware IMO, the coding and programming seem a bit silly in comparison to others. You're quite the badass for doing this well with it!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2011, 09:35 »

Haha while I appreciate your sense of humor, that rather douchey remark was not directed at you, apologies Gildor!
I know, I'm simply liked that joke.
I think I got it right, I used cd c:\temp\unpacked umodel -export -ps3 -noanim -nomesh CHAR_SUBZERO_C.XXX, the nomesh was the most recent addition that I believe made it work.
Are both umodel and CHAR_SUBZERO_C.XXX placed in c:\temp\unpacked?
PS3 does everything the lame way, while the superior hardware IMO, the coding and programming seem a bit silly in comparison to others. You're quite the badass for doing this well with it!
Only PC-compatible PS3 objects are supported. I cannot reverse PS3 executables, it's to hard for me to understand its code. Probably new IDA Pro would help, but it is not available, and it is too expensive to buy.
Jump to: