View Profile
Re: MK9
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2011, 20:09 »

gildor
thank you Smiley
Roamin
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2011, 20:17 »

Thanks a tons gildor!  So i am wondering, are there major differences between the ps3 and 360 version? Most of the files i extract are all identical.  How hard would it be to convert from ps3 to 360 ? (Yes this is still about Kratos Wink )  If I could just the get .xxx in the same format , i'm pretty sure i could get kratos back on 360.  I understand you are busy and all, but would you be willing to share the information you gathered on both formats, so that maybe someone else can pick up your work?

Thanx for all your work so far.

Roamin
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2011, 20:30 »

Meshes should be identical between both game versions. At least mesh data are identical in most places (I have a few files with identical contents for both platforms).
But geometry data is missing in PS3 version, and instead of vertex and index buffers there is a strange encrypted or compressed block, possibly containing geometry data for PS3. Umodel cannot handle that data, that's why SkeletalMesh on PS3 is not supported.
Interesting that StaticMesh do not use that "strange" data format.
Ize

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2011, 20:51 »

Hey gildor, thanks for the awesome work you've done once again. Smiley
Darko

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2011, 21:03 »

Meshes should be identical between both game versions. At least mesh data are identical in most places (I have a few files with identical contents for both platforms).
But geometry data is missing in PS3 version, and instead of vertex and index buffers there is a strange encrypted or compressed block, possibly containing geometry data for PS3. Umodel cannot handle that data, that's why SkeletalMesh on PS3 is not supported.
Interesting that StaticMesh do not use that "strange" data format.

Is skeletal mesh in 360 game already supported by Umodel??

If That's right thanks a lot for your work Tongue
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 21:26 »

360 yes, ps3 no.

bm

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2011, 23:03 »

amazing work gildor, thank you!

i tested characters and babalitys.

the characters looks great but the normal map have a problem with the RGB channel.

also i checked the babality of sindel and the body have the correct texture but looks like the face is missing the texture or the UV is in differet place.

bones have the right bind and this part work perfect Smiley

pics.

Alexis

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 04:15 »

I am having an issue... When I try to extract the .xxx Files... I am given an error.

******** CHAR_Ermac_B ********

ERROR: Wrong tag in package: F3D80BFC
FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:CHAR_Ermac_B.xxx, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:CHAR_Ermac_B <- Main

Oddly enough, I can extract any of the sample packages in this topic (Char_Jade.xxx).

Am I missing something, Are the files needing to be decompressed before running through uModel?

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 08:08 »

You have not specified, but probably you've trying to extract PS3 files. I think these files are encrypted and require decryption before use.
Alexis

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 08:39 »

You have not specified, but probably you've trying to extract PS3 files. I think these files are encrypted and require decryption before use.

Sorry for not being specific... They are 360 files... No luck whatsoever.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 09:21 »

You are trying to extract garbage. May be your ISO is damaged, or you have extracted it using a wrong tool.
bm

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 10:21 »

Hi, about the baby face texture, it's not in the baby model file. it's in startup.xxx file

so it works great!

how can i fix the normal map files ? checking in in photoshop i found that the "B Channel" is empty but have a alpha channel with a texture.

anybody have any info of this?

maybe copy the R channel to the B Channel and move the Alpha channel to the R channel?

this is correct?

thanks
Alexis

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 16:10 »

You are trying to extract garbage. May be your ISO is damaged, or you have extracted it using a wrong tool.

I am using schrtom'sXtractor to get the files from the iso. The files are the correct sizes
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 16:14 »

But your file has wrong contents ("wrong tag in package"). This is not umodel error.
Alexis

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2011, 17:05 »

But your file has wrong contents ("wrong tag in package"). This is not umodel error.

Girl can't catch a break... Any suggestions... I don't have a way to dump my own disc... Unless there are ways that don't require modded hardware.. Sad
Jump to: