March 28, 2024, 19:49
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Kena: Bridge of Spirits  (Read 3584 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2021, 22:04 »

Game: Kena: Bridge of Spirits (EGS page / steam page)
UE4 version: 4.25 (previous versions) / 4.27 (anniversary update)

Static meshes and textures works fine with the latest umodel build (1587 at the moment). For skeletal meshes use specific umodel build from this topic with game specific override (for anniversary update simply choose proper engine version). Some materials are custom.

Update: Animations for the game are now supported in specific build from this topic, you need to use game specific override option (for anniversary update simply choose proper engine version). Some animations may be incorrect though, it will be investigated later.

* Clipboard01.jpg (106.5 KB, 2553x1238 - viewed 348 times.)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 04:25 by spiritovod » Logged
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 02:26 »

this game uses morph targets for character's facial movements, I know the standard version and this version of Umodel doesn't export Morph targets, and the special builds that do would crash upon open the skeletal mesh. would there be any other alternative to get those at the moment?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 03:10 »

@Luminary3: I've added respective build to the package here, check the updated link. Not sure it will work as intended though, since it's based on outdated build and animations are processed by third-party tool.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 06:54 by spiritovod » Logged
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 03:20 »

I'll check it out.
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 03:42 »

@spiritovod: when it comes to glTF the armature is misplaced under the mesh.
Modphex

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 06:06 »

Game: Kena: Bridge of Spirits (EGS page)
UE4 version: 4.25

Static meshes and textures works fine with the latest umodel build (1571 at the moment). For skeletal meshes use specific umodel build (link, updated) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version. Some materials are custom. Animations are using ACL compression and not supported directly in umodel, but they work fine with akderebur's tool - read this topic for more info.

Thank you so much for the custom build!!!... Really appreciate that!!!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 06:50 »

@Luminary3: I suppose it's from morphs build. I have no idea why it's happening, since it's a third-party code and I never tried to understand it. Consider morphs build as provided as-is, without any support or possible fixes.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 06:52 by spiritovod » Logged
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 06:55 »

I guess the armature doesn't matter in this case, I'll just use the mesh from the prior model as the base, and just delete the armature of the morph
Modphex

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 07:57 »

spiritovod Do you know by chance, i know this is for UE Viewer but is related to this particular game and also Unreal Engine, and i can't find any info or forum, i was trying to use the Universal Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker, tried v3.0.21 an v3.0.14 and the game looks like all zoomed + blurred with a kind of sphere effect in the middle. If you know how to fix it, or where can i ask for help or tips on how to solve it, i'll really appreciate that.

Thanks in advance. Greetings.

Edit to add this:

Camera dll::>>>>>> ERROR <<<<<< Can't find pattern for block 'SET JMP END'! Hook not set.
Camera dll::>>>>>> ERROR <<<<<< The SET command couldn't be re-enabled as the required code wasn't found

From the log.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 11:35 by Modphex » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 19:22 »

@Modphex: It's better to discuss such things in more appropriate places, indeed. Just a tip - in most UE4 games you can change some of not directly available settings via configuration files, you can read more about it here and here.
If you have any other questions, not related to umodel, please ask them in respective subforums or other places like gaming communities.
Modphex

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 01:15 »

Thank you so much for the answer, i know pcgamingwiki and UE console commands, but i couldn't find any info on this particular error on the Universal Unreal engine Client, i searched everywhere. Now seems to be a new release that solves the problem. Last thing, is there a sub-forum here to talk about this?

Thanks and greetings.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2021, 15:14 »

@Modphex: Considering the forum specifics, I doubt there is any point in asking it here, most likely you will not be answered anyway. Also, I was talking about configuration files, not about unlocker, it's a different thing with more permanent effect.
Pox911

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2021, 12:43 »

Most of the materials aren't too bad but their eye and hair shader annoy me a bit. The eyes bug me the most because i have an idea of what they are doing but i dont know the full math behind it to do the UV shenanigans to change things like pupil dilation and junk. They are great models though.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 10:54 by Gildor » Logged
iridium

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2021, 17:37 »

Most of the materials aren't too bad but their eye and hair shader annoy me a bit. The eyes bug me the most because i have an idea of what they are doing but i dont know the full math behind it to do the UV shenanigans to change things like pupil dilation and junk. They are great models though.
Maybe it uses Digital Humans shader for eyes?
https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.27/en-US/Resources/Showcases/DigitalHumans/#eyeshading
crypt

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2021, 02:01 »

hello, regarding the animations, is there any way to export them from the umodel?, it always crashes when exporting any psa, either with the umodel mod kena or the standard one, since the skeleton with the pskx is displaced from the mesh, thanks in advance.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: