March 29, 2024, 00:07
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Gears of War 3 beta  (Read 32589 times)
bob123

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2011, 05:24 »

Sorry about being a shaman Gildor, I was looking at the same texture with unreal viewer and Xnview zoomed in and unreal viewer looked better. So I thought unreal viewer could show the textures at the 2048 res but only export them at the res they are set to in game. After reading what you wrote I had a look at the texture in Photoshop Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed  Any way long story short, Drinking alcohol and computers don't mix and don't use Xnview to compare zoomed images.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2011, 10:20 »

I noticed that Medal of Honor 2010 also has additive animations and, when selected, the mesh is not recognizable.  Would it be fair to say that if you can fix the additive animations that you mention here for GOW3, it will work for MOH as well?
It the current moment additive animation is not supported, and its support is not planned.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2011, 10:27 »

Sorry about being a shaman Gildor, I was looking at the same texture with unreal viewer and Xnview zoomed in and unreal viewer looked better. So I thought unreal viewer could show the textures at the 2048 res but only export them at the res they are set to in game. After reading what you wrote I had a look at the texture in Photoshop Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed  Any way long story short, Drinking alcohol and computers don't mix and don't use Xnview to compare zoomed images.
Umodel is displaying everything using OpenGL, it has some kind smoothing (filtering) when zooming textures. The texture is displayed in the same resolution as resolution for exporting.
Real texture dimensions may be smaller than displayed in texture properties (for example, displayed 2048x2048, but exported as 512x512) - that's normal, because texture may be downscaled while cooking to reduce memory requirements. For example, 3rd person weapon do not needs large scale textures, but artist may prepare very hi-res texture.
GearedGeek
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2011, 12:09 »

Nevermind on what I asked earlier. If I would have read the previous posts I would have found out what to do. Anyway, Great work Gildor! Thanks a million.
bob123

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2011, 04:16 »

A few of the characters faces are wonky(shading errors),the verts around the eyes, nose and mouth area are messed up. Is it Unreal Viewer or because its a beta?
chrrox
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 05:25 »

Thats max 2012 you need to set the smoothing groups.
also change it from realistic to shaded.
bob123

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 20:42 »

Thanks for the reply, the problem areas show up in Gildors Viewer as well. Its only the COG models heads that are effected, the edge loops around the eyes, nose and mouth look like the verts have been randomly moved about a bit.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 20:47 by bob123 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2011, 20:49 »

May be that's a problem with skeletal mesh normals generation in umodel (in a viewer), but 3ds Max model has own normals because they are not exported (psk format has no place for normals).
bob123

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2011, 21:34 »

I have used your excellent tool to extract more complex skeletal mesh with no problem before, maybe Epic jiggled the verts about for the beta, not sure if its relevant but the uv's look perfect.
bob123

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2011, 22:30 »

I've noticed the same problem with the huntress character on the xbox version of Demons forge,
the PC version is good.
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2011, 01:03 »

That is why, whenever possible get the PC version.
It normally has better textures too.

...:: ESR911 ::..
coopmaster

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2011, 21:24 »

i am getting an problem with animations in general the head will sink into there body in 3ds max and maya.
heres a screenie.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 21:30 »

this is a known problem, described here
There are a few issues:
  • most human animations has wrong head position - I will fix this later
  • additive animations are not working (these animations has "ADD_" prefix in their names)
coopmaster

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2011, 22:13 »

lol thanks just wondering when? but thank u yah all of them just mess up entirely i have alot of them that just look like a blob and i dont really know whats going on lol. thanks for ur help by the way.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 22:18 »

just wondering when?
I cannot answer your question. I have no plans about umodel now, I'm too busy with my new job (my recent job were closed again ... welcome to Russian gamedev) and with my family.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: