Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: The Quarry  (Read 3248 times)
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
The Quarry
« on: June 10, 2022, 23:52 »

exe says that it's running on 4.26 but I can't seem to get it to open things up... This is the error I'm being shown. Any suggestions anyone?

Static meshes, skeletals and texture's both work fine on 4.26 using the current build, but skeletals are throwing up errors with the DLC parts...

Memory: bad allocation size 836370516 bytes
appMalloc: size=836370516 (total=393 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: -1729298390 x 2 <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- FStaticLODModel4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize: 1/3 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'AbigailStandardBody.AbigailStandardBody', pos=DDA8ED, ver=522/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.26 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Characters/DLC/Eighties/Abigail/Body/Standard/AbigailStandardBody.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1587
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 00:38 by venkman » Logged
ogawa

View Profile
Re: The Quarry
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 00:30 »

I can't access the files without AES Key, where did you find it?

Have you tried to turn off the morph target setting, under Skeletal Mesh?
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 00:34 »

Yeah, CS.RIN.RU had the key - 0xB916405788667A528F252B78348541929BAFD27FA88933543CE6016BB2388408

tried pretty much every combo you can throw at it...!

***EDIT:

Looks like it's hit and miss. Some Skeletal meshes work fine, others don't. Just got this error after trying a standard body. Hair opened up fine, but this came up for this one...

Memory: bad allocation size 1108869206 bytes
appMalloc: size=1108869206 (total=393 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: 554434603 x 2 <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- FStaticLODModel4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize: 1/3 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'EmmaStandardBody.EmmaStandardBody', pos=C691DB, ver=522/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.26 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Characters/DLC/Eighties/Emma/Body/Standard/EmmaStandardBody.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey: key=6F, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main: umodel_build=1587
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 00:41 by venkman » Logged
GDL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 05:56 »

I think it's using a modified 4.26, so far only creatures hair and accessories can be opend withouth crashing, the characters are in a different format it seems
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 06:25 »

Game: The Quarry (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.26
AES key: in the same place as usual (link)

Partially supported with specific build from this topic, except for ACL animations and morph targets. You can disable both types at startup screen, and also don't forget to use game specific override with that build.

Update: You can also use ACL build from this topic for animations support. Though due to the way how they're used with master skeleton and custom engine modifications, probably only simple ones would be of any use.
Update 2: Now both mentioned builds have a stub for meshes with variable bones weights - you can't preview them, but export should work to a certain extent (exported data for those meshes may have certain issues).
Update 3: Meshes with various weights parameters should be more or less supported in the updated builds. Most of them can be now previewed in umodel, or at least exported.

* Clipboard03.jpg (92.75 KB, 2543x1236 - viewed 675 times.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 13:47 by spiritovod » Logged
firststarvirtue

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2022, 11:52 »

I'm still getting serialization errors when trying to open the character models, but the werewolves/objects work just fine. Am I doing something wrong or is this just not supported at this time?
fil1969

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2022, 14:01 »

I'm still getting serialization errors when trying to open the character models, but the werewolves/objects work just fine. Am I doing something wrong or is this just not supported at this time?

I don't know if i did in the right way, but I had the same problem, and i fixed in this way: disabled Animations tag, morph target and static meshes, of course selecting, override ue4 and The Quarry options
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2022, 15:03 »

@firststarvirtue, @fil1969: Only some skeletal meshes may crash with bone influences error, the rest of meshes should work fine. If you encounter a crash with different error, while everything is set as suggested (disabled animations and morphs targets, and proper override is used), feel free to report them here or via PM - only asset names are fine, no need to post the whole error messages. All static meshes should be supported regardless.
The game is also using virtual textures, but they're simply skipped (you can search in logs for related messages to understand which one wouldn't be exported).
fil1969

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2022, 15:15 »

@firststarvirtue, @fil1969: Only some skeletal meshes may crash with bone influences error, the rest of meshes should work fine. If you encounter a crash with different error, while everything is set as suggested (disabled animations and morphs targets, and proper override is used), feel free to report them here or via PM - only asset names are fine, no need to post the whole error messages. All static meshes should be supported regardless.
The game is also using virtual textures, but they're simply skipped (you can search in logs for related messages to understand which one wouldn't be exported).
Thank you spiritovod, with my setting all works fine (i'm not interested in static meshes), if i will encounter some problems, I will contact you.

https://www.deviantart.com/oo-fil-oo/art/THE-QUARRY-EMMA-UNDERWEAR-919026805
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2022, 22:03 »

Tried running the specified build over assets.
All textures and static meshes are fine.

Here are some skeletal meshes with errors:
Content/Characters/DLC/Eighties/Dylan/Body/Return/DylanReturnBody.uasset
Content/Characters/DLC/Eighties/Kaitlyn/Body/Standard/KaitlynStandardBody.uasset
Content/Characters/DLC/Eighties/Kaitlyn/Body/ThroatTorn/KaitlynThroatTornBody.uasset
Content/Characters/Models/Abigail/Body/DecapitatedCleanCut/AbigailDecapitatedCleanCutBody.uasset
HarryR99

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2022, 00:45 »

So I'm a noob with the software but I've tried everything I've read on this thread and I'm still getting the bad allocation size errors with any character models I try exporting. I'm doing the override checkbox as well and choosing Engine version 4.26 but nothing seems to work for me. It's so frustrating, can anyone help?
fil1969

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2022, 08:19 »

So I'm a noob with the software but I've tried everything I've read on this thread and I'm still getting the bad allocation size errors with any character models I try exporting. I'm doing the override checkbox as well and choosing Engine version 4.26 but nothing seems to work for me. It's so frustrating, can anyone help?

First You have to use the custom Umodel built by Spiritowood, second in override option select ue4 --->In ue 4 version, choose the Quarry, NOT ue4 number.
third, disable morph target and animations. Anyway some meshes doesn't work (for example dlc ones)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 08:22 by fil1969 » Logged
HarryR99

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2022, 04:00 »

First You have to use the custom Umodel built by Spiritowood, second in override option select ue4 --->In ue 4 version, choose the Quarry, NOT ue4 number.
third, disable morph target and animations. Anyway some meshes doesn't work (for example dlc ones)

Amazing, works now. Thanks Cheesy
Morgen0s

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2022, 05:18 »

Hi, maybe silly question, but can the UE viewer or anything else somehow extract Quarry's sound from a folder with a sound ending in .uasses or .uexp?

After the case, how it's done.

Thank you in advance for your reply.
fn2505

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2022, 12:34 »

Has anyone managed to export the crow model?
Jump to: