Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: ASE export issue  (Read 56 times)
emuroland

View Profile
ASE export issue
« on: October 03, 2022, 14:19 »

I would like to ask for help to solve a problem.

Recently I start to use Actorx importer script for 3DS and unfortunatelly I've got some strange errors.
Actually I've managed to export some staticmeshes using Umodel, then I start to batch export ing them as ASE. Seemingly everything works fine. On screen the script opened the pskx files and textured them.

When I tried to import these ASE files into ue2runtime the editor give an error message:

ASE Importer Error: Did you forget to include geometry AND materials in the export?

Faces: 84, Texture Coordinates(channel 0): 0

ASE files got imported, but there are only gray textures on them. If I try to apply new skins nothing happens, no details visible on the surfaces of staticmeshes.

I would be very pleased if someone can give me an advise, what did I wrong or how can I solve this problem.

Thank you very much in advance!

emuroland
spiritovod

View Profile
Re: ASE export issue
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 16:52 »

I'm not familiar with earlier engines, but maybe export format from 3ds max is not directly compatible with UE2 editor? I found some toolset here, maybe ASEtoT3D is what you need.
emuroland

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 17:54 »

Thank you! I'll try it and post back.
emuroland

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 09:42 »

Nope! Another error message and an editor crash.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 12:43 »

If you're "new" for this, I'd suggest not using BATCH script, but doing conversion to ASE for a single model, without use of my Batch Converter, but using Max's UI directly, just to see how it works.
emuroland

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 14:19 »

I'm not realy familiar with 3DS because mostly Blender is my "workplatform" . I start to use your batchexport because I don't want to spend hours to convert hundreds of files 1 by 1 under Blender . So may be I'm lazy yes. Firstly I would like to thank you for this amazing batchexport.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 14:22 by emuroland » Logged
Jump to: