Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: [UE4] Ash Echoes  (Read 2311 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
[UE4] Ash Echoes
« on: December 27, 2022, 07:16 »

Game: Ash Echoes / Fraxinus Decay (official site)
UE4 version: 4.27
AES key: in the same place as usual (link)

Use specific build from this topic for the game - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version.

The game is using proprietary package format and you need to extract assets first with quickbms script from specific scripts bundle, available in topic with keys (for more info read sticked topic). It's modified format from GuJian series (same developer, so no wonder). Single usual UE4 package, used in the game, can be extracted or viewed in any common way.

* Clipboard01.jpg (123.24 KB, 2548x1233 - viewed 615 times.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 15:18 by spiritovod » Logged
Kanbara914

View Profile
Re: [UE4] Ash Echoes
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 09:17 »

How do you manage to load and join those mesh parts altogether in umodel? I mean when I load the "cloth" for example and try to append other object like "hair", it won't load and seems to do nothing. undecided
temsame

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 11:39 »

How do you manage to load and join those mesh parts altogether in umodel? I mean when I load the "cloth" for example and try to append other object like "hair", it won't load and seems to do nothing. undecided

press CTRL+T on body and navigate to hair or head or lower body something and CTRL+T again
Kanbara914

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 17:47 »

press CTRL+T on body and navigate to hair or head or lower body something and CTRL+T again

Thanks!!!! grin
Sage_L

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 13:38 »

Sorry to bother you. After successfully unpacking the game file of Ash Echos in the way provided by this topic, I started to unpack the sound and text;

I found that the sound file of this game is stored in \Content\fmod\Desktop,I tried to unpack the bank files through quickbms and vgmstream, but failed.

In terms of text, I found that the game did not use locres files to store text, so I tried to export text through the UE4TextExtractor tool, but in the end, I only got a 30kb file and there was no content I wanted.

I wonder if you can help me with some ideas or help on these two issues?

Thank you.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 16:54 »

@Sage_L: Both of your questions are out of scope of umodel, so I can only suggest to report issue to vgmstream github (with samples) and look for more general UE4 tools like fmodel or UAssetGUI for wider assets support. Though the game is using custom magic for assets (first 4 bytes), so you need to either fix it manually or adjust respective tools for proper game support.
Sage_L

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 17:04 »

Thank you very much for your suggestion! I will check vgmstream github to see if they can solve the problem of bank files!
Kanbara914

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 11:45 »

It seems that the new release version of this game has changed the way to store the assets. I have tried the old script and it doesn't work Sad.
I hope you could take a look at it when you're convenient. You can download this game from its official site.
https://seed.qq.com/act/a20220931yuyue/#/index
The download page is on the right, hiding under a robot like thing. Tap on it and you will see some chinese characters like "PC端下载", which is the link for download.

Thanks in advance Smiley!
Sage_L

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2023, 12:56 »

Coincidentally, I was going to ask the same thing.
Attach the download address of the game file for PC(7.5GB):https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q8Ut1YAyDOJxXm2pz2TBG5TTEjB1irIj/view?usp=sharing
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2023, 05:33 »

I've updated respective script and also specific umodel build to support latest game versions. First post is updated accordingly. Don't forget to read notes included in the script to avoid possible issues.

P.S. zenhax is kind of broken at the moment, you can grab updated scripts and such from rin topic.
Sage_L

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2023, 06:06 »

Thank you so much!!!
Kanbara914

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2023, 12:16 »

I've updated respective script and also specific umodel build to support latest game versions. First post is updated accordingly. Don't forget to read notes included in the script to avoid possible issues.

P.S. zenhax is kind of broken at the moment, you can grab updated scripts and such from rin topic.

Oh!!!!THANKS!!!SO FAST!
ravio_dragmire

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2023, 16:25 »

Hello, and sorry for the inconvenience ^^ I have a problem accessing resources for this game. I downloaded the game from the official site, and I'm trying to unpack resources in another folder (thanks to the latest quickBMS script). The first thing I notice is that the game is terribly heavy (over 59GB on disk and still the QuickBMS script is still working... Shocked) [AE 6.PNG]

Then since I'm only interested in models of some characters, I tried to open them via the latest version of the specific build however it does not ask me for the AES key... [AE 1.PNG] and assets & resources appear correctly [AE 2.PNG].

But when I try to export a model as usual [AE 5.PNG], I still encounter an error...  :'( Can any of you help me and guide me on the right path?

PS: I think I'm not respecting some steps, or maybe I have to wait for the complete decompression... ...or find a way to insert the AES keys (but I don't know how to do it since it doesn't not asked me...)

* AE 1.PNG (15.75 KB, 502x378 - viewed 101 times.)

* AE 6.PNG (14.84 KB, 472x483 - viewed 99 times.)

* AE 2.PNG (40.88 KB, 752x582 - viewed 107 times.)

* AE 5.PNG (30.31 KB, 979x512 - viewed 112 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2023, 18:05 »

@ravio_dragmire: umodel can't find properly paired files for this asset, which is extraction related issue. Usually it's caused by incomplete download, as some assets are downloaded on demand, but also can be anything else like leftover assets, which are not supposed to be used.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 18:08 by spiritovod » Logged
ravio_dragmire

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2023, 18:24 »

@ravio_dragmire: umodel can't find properly paired files for this asset, which is extraction related issue. Usually it's caused by incomplete download, as some assets are downloaded on demand, but also can be anything else like leftover assets, which are not supposed to be used.

Thank you for your reply !!! Ok so if I understand correctly I have to wait for the end of the decompression of all assets by the QuickBMS script before i can start to export models ? (even if it's strangely long because it's been running for a few hours... and it's not finished yet...  :'( )

Also I did not understand well why Umodel does not ask me for AES keys? is this normal?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 18:27 by ravio_dragmire » Logged
Jump to: