March 28, 2024, 13:30
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Gears of War 3 retail  (Read 51571 times)
cr4zyw3ld3r

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2012, 00:18 »

thank you again, but can you also link and or provide a small tut for that second uv map  Roll Eyes
SolidSnakeDavid

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2012, 14:58 »

Hey guys. Anybody knows where Marcus Summer and Lancer Rifle are located?
ineteye

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2012, 23:08 »

Did some one have XBOX image that can be extracted without a problems???
Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2012, 04:01 »

I just found out that you can extract skeletal mesh with the -pskx switch, when did that happen Huh?. Thanks Gildor.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 04:39 by Dreadfred » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2012, 08:10 »

I just found out that you can extract skeletal mesh with the -pskx switch, when did that happen Huh?. Thanks Gildor.
I do not understand your question.
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2012, 11:43 »

Long ago, Start reading the read me.txt instead next time.

Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2012, 23:05 »

I do not understand your question.

It wasn't a question, I just wanted to thank you.
I thought that pskx was only for staticmesh. I didn't realise that skeletalmesh could be exported as pskx with the -pskx switch. I think I will check the read me txt next time Embarrassed
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 23:50 by Dreadfred » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2012, 23:34 »

Smiley
Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2012, 07:42 »

thank you again, but can you also link and or provide a small tut for that second uv map  Roll Eyes

Not sure which editor you are using but Carmines material can't be done in the gears editor, you need two uvsets and the gears editor only imports one uvset per skeletalmesh psk/dae Sad.  UDK supports fbx so maybe plug a texture coordinate in to carmines detail texture (change the coordinates to 1 to use the 2nd uvchannel) and lerp it with carmines diffuse texture?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2012, 08:24 »

If I correct, multiple UV sets for SkeletalMesh were appeared in UE3 in 2010.
cr4zyw3ld3r

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2012, 22:50 »

yeah there is definitely no second UV possibility in GEars Editor, that is the one I was referring to, will give the above a try
Dijon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2012, 07:01 »

Dreadfred,

Thanks for posting the great screen shots.

When I exported the GOW3 files using umodel, and looked at the Sam Byrne model, I noticed a couple of things and I was wondering if you did too.

The model is exported as a pskx file, presumably because of multiple UVs.  Did you find that as well?  The Anya Summer model is also pskx, while other models are psk.

I imported Sam into 3ds Max 2011, using Gildor's importer, and it mentioned that it couldn't find the eye material (found all the others), although there is an eye in the diffuse texture.  As a result, the model that I exported as fbx and imported into UDK has no eye material.  Was that the case for you too?

I found an eye texture in another folder and created my own material, but I find that the iris looks too big.  How did you do it?

-D

And how to. (The texture for the mask is 128px, could be smaller)

I think Carmine uses a second uv set for the tats and stuff.

[вложение удалено Администратором]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:36 by Dijon » Logged
cr4zyw3ld3r

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2012, 04:28 »

does anyone know how to or where I can go to ask to etract dlc content from xbox 360 Gears of War 3, I had my hard drive hooked up to my pc via sata and I used xploerer 360 but I could not see anything etractable by umodel  Huh?    if anyone could point me in the right direction please?!
redshirt21

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2012, 03:40 »

Hi, I'm new to the this site. I'm trying to extract the models from the game myself, and I do own the game. I was wondering if someone can explain, in some detail, or point me to a site on how to get the game files off my Xbox and on to my pc. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
Dijon

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2012, 05:32 »

For those still having issues with emissive textures in UDK, the following images may help. They are based on Dreadfred's work but don't use a mask. As Dreadfred has already pointed out, the crop scale and crop offset can be obtained using the uModel viewer.  There is a wealth of information that Gildor provides via the viewer.

Carmine

Marcus

Sam
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:43 by Dijon » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: