April 16, 2024, 09:54
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Some things i've noticed  (Read 4435 times)
EthanThomas

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2014, 11:54 »

Not really a problems list, just wasn't sure where to post it ^^

1. Any chance to add a "last opened directory" feature? Like the last 5 will be listed and you can choose the one you want instead of going through all folders once again to find the directory when you close umodel. You could also make it to remember all directories, wouldn't hurt anyone i guess.
This is how i imagine it could look:

2.Once you close the UE viewer window (happens alot in my case:P) it will close umodel totally and you're forced to open the program and find the path all over again. What about instead of closing, making it do the same as [ O ] button does, so it actually opens the file explorer, much better solution i think.

3. I don't even know if it's possible but it would be pretty epic ;d Let's say i'm about to open 500 packages just to check for the models, once it opens you're forced to look through all the textures till you find the models and that's pretty annoying. Any chance to somehow ignore textures in UE viewer? Or like an option of what you actually want to view even if you open the packages that contain textures also, so you could choose models or textures or both at once. Sometimes it really sucks to just pgdn/pgup 100x textures or even more to find 1 model ^^

4. This is more of a question, i recently noticed that some models, while viewing the animations, are slightly floating in the air/moving vertically. That happens only till i "force off" the RotationOnly option. What it actually does? is it just a preview thing in umodel or will it also affect the exported model with animation depends if it's off or on?
This is how it looks, hope you see what i mean. With forceoff it stands still
Basically what i want to know is if this will also float like that after exporting and if RotationOnly affects it anyohow while exporting, probably not, but want to be sure.

And that's it so far, if anything new comes up, i'll let you know ^^ Umodel is a great tool, hope this will give you some thoughts to maybe make it even better, at least for me some fixes like that would make it better, but i'm not umodels creator:P Cheers
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:00 by EthanThomas » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:13 »

1. Any chance to add a "last opened directory" feature? ...
It is planned - https://trello.com/c/lgFlalQL/78-improve-startup-options-dialog
But this would be possible only after implementation of config file - currently nothing in configuration stored between sessions.

2.Once you close the UE viewer window (happens alot in my case:P) it will close umodel totally and you're forced to open the program and find the path all over again. What about instead of closing, making it do the same as [ O ] button does, so it actually opens the file explorer, much better solution i think.
Closing the application should exit, isn't it? If you want to choose a different package instead - I think that's just a question of "habit". I have no problems with pressing <O> instead of <Esc>.

3. I don't even know if it's possible but it would be pretty epic ;d Let's say i'm about to open 500 packages just to check for the models, once it opens you're forced to look through all the textures till you find the models and that's pretty annoying...
That option exists for years - "-meshes" command line option. Now it is exposed to menu, check "Navigation".

4. This is more of a question, i recently noticed that some models, while viewing the animations, are slightly floating in the air/moving vertically. That happens only till i "force off" the RotationOnly option. What it actually does?
Read this
http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/AnimSetEditorUserGuide.html
especially "Anim Set Properties"
EthanThomas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 12:36 »

Thanks for such a fast reply

1. Good to know, looking forward to it ^^

2. Yeah so i guess i'll have to get used to it

3. Stupid me Tongue Thanks for the tip, this option is a lifesaver

4. I've read it but i don't really understand it Cheesy Would be easier if you could just tell me if changing the option via ctrl+R affects the exported animations and is config file of them anyhow rellevant? Like this [AnimSet]bAnimRotationOnly=1, would 0 do any difference? Sorry for the noob questions i just want it to stand still in 3ds max like it does with force off in UE viewer.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 12:40 »

4. I've read it but i don't really understand it Cheesy Would be easier if you could just tell me if changing the option via ctrl+R affects the exported animations and is config file of them anyhow rellevant? Like this [AnimSet]bAnimRotationOnly=1, would 0 do any difference? Sorry for the noob questions i just want it to stand still in 3ds max like it does with force off in UE viewer.
Changing rotation/translation mode affects only on-screen representation. Exported file will be produced absolutely the same despite of this setting. By the way, ActorX Importer has this option as well - Animation Import | Translation mode.
EthanThomas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 13:00 »

Thanks for clarifying that Wink Will try it soon.
EthanThomas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 09:33 »

Works like a charm, didn't rly pay attention to the importer options cuz they were hidden :p

I just noticed something weird, maybe that's a problem on my pc who knows, but when i minimaze the ue viewer window with many loaded packages it goes totally black after a while like this:
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 12:54 »

Which videocard do you have? Do you use latest drivers?
EthanThomas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 13:53 »

Geforce GT525m and yea i got latest drivers, just found out that it happens only when i got to the "full screen/bigger window" mode and minimized the viewer to the taskbar. Anyway it's nothing harmful, just wanted to let you know.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: