March 19, 2024, 15:01
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Sea of Thieves  (Read 28963 times)
Kahuna

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2020, 14:26 »

Hey guys! Just found this amazing tool and have been experimenting with it for the last couple of hours. Managed to get ahold of alot of assets, models, props etc... but i havent figured out how to pull the custom characters. i can only get the npc's and character templates.

are the diffirent faceshapes somehow hidden as textures or something rather than models?

BR

Custom characters (the player characters) that are made via the character creation are based on morph targets so unless you find a way how to extract the end result mesh I don't think you can export your own pirate model.
anderscolorado

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2020, 23:02 »

Can you apply those morphs in any apps like blender or 3dmax?

They seem to be present as files if I'm not mistaken.
Kahuna

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2020, 06:38 »

Can you apply those morphs in any apps like blender or 3dmax?

They seem to be present as files if I'm not mistaken.

Technically, yes.
You can find a base mesh model and 8 different shapes for each gender. However, you would need to pinpoint the files that handle the generation of the final mesh.

I don't know if the script that runs the infinite pirate generator is client or server side. I assume the latter.

You could create your own custom morphs if you know what to do in theory as the some early morphs were created within Maya by the dev team.

But this would go way beyond the purpose of Gildor's tool.
TiltedTexan

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 01, 2021, 19:18 »

Just found this forum and I've been wanting to get the ship models so I can play around with creating my own textures. I followed everything I found on this thread, but I'm still confused on the AES Key part. I'm not sure where to find that. It asks for it whenever I try to export a model. Any help would be appreciated.
TiltedTexan

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 01, 2021, 19:27 »

Ok I actually figured it out now. Got the models as PSKX Files. Now to figure out how to get those into Blender.
TrumpetPro

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 01, 2021, 21:05 »

https://github.com/Befzz/blender3d_import_psk_psa
TiltedTexan

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 01, 2021, 21:43 »

Thanks man!
gyoroppyyy

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2021, 20:57 »

Hello, I am trying to extract voice lines from the game and I'm not particularly sure how to do so. I've read through this thread and acknowledged that the game uses WWise which is not supported, but I'm not sure what else to do?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:58 by gyoroppyyy » Logged
yarrmehearty

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2021, 03:06 »

Hi,

Kinda new to this, can anyone give me an idiots guide to accessing the models. I have the Microsoft version and have got to the PAK folder but I can't move umodel to the folder and can't seem to get permission to access the folder.
I would be very grateful if someone could explain how I unpack the models.

Thanks
Lordlard01

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2021, 15:29 »

Hello, I am trying to extract voice lines from the game and I'm not particularly sure how to do so. I've read through this thread and acknowledged that the game uses WWise which is not supported, but I'm not sure what else to do?

Hi! I'm quite curious at how you were able to extract those audio files! Smiley
TopHat

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2021, 00:30 »

I am also having trouble getting audio files. I've used the BMS script, but when everything is extracting so I can convert the files, the only things that are extracted are uassets.
JollyMan

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2021, 04:20 »

Hi, I'm having trouble converting the .uasset files. I'm getting different errors depending on the method I use. When I use UModel to extract directly from the .pak files (using the previously mentioned AES), I get this error:
lzo_decompress(11934,65536) returned -6
appDecompress: CompSize=11934 UncompSize=65536 Flags=0xFF Bytes=F203 <- SerializeCompressed <- FPakFile::Serialize: file=/Game/Textures/UI/Icons/Emotes/emote-diverse_barrelbalance.uasset <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- UnPackage::CreateLoader: /Game/Textures/UI/Icons/Emotes/emote-diverse_barrelbalance.uasset <- UnPackage::UnPackage: /Game/Textures/UI/Icons/Emotes/emote-diverse_barrelbalance.uasset, ver=100000/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): /Game/Textures/UI/Icons/Emotes/emote-diverse_barrelbalance.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1527

When I use UModel on the .uasset files extracted via QuickBMS, I get this error:
assertion failed: Ar.Tell() == SkipOffset

UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject: Texture2D'emote-diverse_barrelbalance.emote-diverse_barrelbalance', pos=1A6B, ver=483/20, game=ue4.10 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: emote-diverse_barrelbalance.uasset <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1527

I'm not sure as to what I'm doing wrong. I obtained the .pak files from the latest Insider build via UWPDumper. I'd appreciate any help. I'm mainly looking to extract the audio files, but I'd like to look at everything else as well. Note that I am not well-versed in this, I just stumbled upon this after digging for a while on SoT datamining. Thanks.
quietus

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2021, 19:54 »

If you ever come back gyoroppyyy I'd appreciate knowing where you found the voice lines.
quietus

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2021, 19:56 »

I am also having trouble getting audio files. I've used the BMS script, but when everything is extracting so I can convert the files, the only things that are extracted are uassets.

I've had limited success with Ravioli Explorer: https://www.scampers.org/steve/sms/other.htm
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 20:14 by quietus » Logged
TopHat

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2021, 19:31 »

Thanks, quietus. I'll try that.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: