March 29, 2024, 18:21
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Sea of Thieves  (Read 29576 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2020, 09:41 »

Hey guys,
I'd like to get a list of problems (in UE Viewer of course) with this game, ideally made by someone who understands my request.
Also it would be nice to know the "history" of this game: did it change the engine version before, how often, when changed it last time.
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2020, 11:40 »

Thanks Gildor! Unfortunately I haven't really tried extracting from this game so far but if no one else is volunteering, I can try over the next week or so.

Probably spiritovod or Kahuna are better placed to list the issues as both of them have the background to this game. And if I am not mistaken spiritovod is also active on Zenhax and Rin forums dealing with UE4 games :-) can you please help?

Hey guys,
I'd like to get a list of problems (in UE Viewer of course) with this game, ideally made by someone who understands my request.
Also it would be nice to know the "history" of this game: did it change the engine version before, how often, when changed it last time.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2020, 15:59 »

@san: Um, I'm not into 3d modeling stuff, I'm just updating quickbms script for custom UE4 containers and checking compatibility here and there. The only edit here was to force lz4 decompression though.

But maybe this info will be helpful - I dug through some old versions of the game and here are my findings:
1) Base UE version didn't change since the game launched two years ago (it's still custom 4.10 build). Pak structure didn't change for around 1.5 years.
2) They've introduces modified textures around a year ago (~spring 2019), so not all textures has the same format (even similar ones). Maybe it's related to LOD implementation, but can't be sure.
3) Static meshes doesn't seem to change for 1.5 years, but I've just binary compared the same few meches from different game versions. Can't be sure all of them has the same format though.
JeanDark

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2020, 00:34 »

Code:
lzo_decompress(52629,65536) returned -6
appDecompress:CompSize=52629 UncompSize=65536 Flags=0xFF <- SerializeCompressed <- FPakFile::Serialize:file=/Game/Models/Characters/Enemies/Kraken/KrakenWraps/kraken_shipgrab_01a_mesh.uasset <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- UnPackage::CreateLoader:/Game/Models/Characters/Enemies/Kraken/KrakenWraps/kraken_shipgrab_01a_mesh.uasset <- UnPackage::UnPackage:/Game/Models/Characters/Enemies/Kraken/KrakenWraps/kraken_shipgrab_01a_mesh.uasset, ver=100000/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:/Game/Models/Characters/Enemies/Kraken/KrakenWraps/kraken_shipgrab_01a_mesh.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1190

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g0880739ba143c5471000256903e68fb2c019f1e49c
 The files will be available on the server for the next 21 days.
Dummy
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2020, 03:12 »

"history" of this game: did it change the engine version before, how often, when changed it last time.

According to this, they stopped taking updates at 4.10: https://youtu.be/KxnFr5ugAHs?t=331
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 14:09 by Dummy » Logged
inihility

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2020, 18:32 »

I was able to extract the .pak files with quickbms but I'm having trouble reading the .uasset files. I've tried accessing them through a Unreal Engine project to no avail - the folders show up but none of the asset files. Are these files encrypted somehow? If so is there any hope to view and extract some assets? Like sotgamer I'm interested in map images.

UP5468

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2020, 18:38 »

I was able to extract the .pak files with quickbms but I'm having trouble reading the .uasset files. I've tried accessing them through a Unreal Engine project to no avail - the folders show up but none of the asset files. Are these files encrypted somehow? If so is there any hope to view and extract some assets? Like sotgamer I'm interested in map images.

The Resource in pak file is cooked by editor and cannot be import again to a unreal editor.So,I think there is no way to directly view cooked resources.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2020, 21:33 »

Added Sea of Thieves support. Requires game override! (use -game=sot from command line, or find a game name in UI).

I have just a few filed from this game, however they works. I have just a few skeletal meshes and no skeleton/animation files, so it's quite possible that something won't work.

Uploaded some screenshots here: https://twitter.com/UGildor/status/1271859251225427968
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 21:37 by Gildor » Logged
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2020, 22:40 »

wow! Thanks a lot. sorry just to clarify did you test this with a few game files provided in this thread or tried on the Steam version of the game? I have the Windows Store version but planning on getting the Steam version too. Assuming AES key will be same for both versions...

Thanks again for supporting this

Added Sea of Thieves support. Requires game override! (use -game=sot from command line, or find a game name in UI).

I have just a few filed from this game, however they works. I have just a few skeletal meshes and no skeleton/animation files, so it's quite possible that something won't work.

Uploaded some screenshots here: https://twitter.com/UGildor/status/1271859251225427968
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2020, 22:48 »

wow! Thanks a lot. sorry just to clarify did you test this with a few game files provided in this thread or tried on the Steam version of the game?
Just with uploaded files. I don't have this game.
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2020, 23:24 »

Ah OK.
wow! Thanks a lot. sorry just to clarify did you test this with a few game files provided in this thread or tried on the Steam version of the game?
Dummy
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2020, 01:53 »

I tried it with the Steam version of the game. It worked for a cloud mesh but for other files umodel just crashes or gives an error.

Memory: bad allocation size 2080374784 bytes
appMalloc:size=2080374784 (total=61 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:83886080 x 76 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- SerializeBulkArray <- FStaticMeshVertexBuffer4<< <- FStaticMeshLODModel4::SerializeBuffersLegacy <- FStaticMeshLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:1/4 <- UStaticMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:StaticMesh4'cmn_looted_treasure_chest_01_b.cmn_looted_treasure_chest_01_b', pos=67C9F, ver=483/20, game=sot <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:cmn_looted_treasure_chest_01_b <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1200

So its working better than before but there still seems to be a few issues.
vuphan

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2020, 06:39 »

Code:
AnimSequence4::Serialize(characterselect_pose_barrel_highlight_idle): 46595 unread bytes
LoadObject:AnimSequence4'characterselect_pose_barrel_highlight_idle.characterselect_pose_barrel_highlight_idle', pos=187D, ver=483/20, game=sot <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:characterselect_pose_barrel_highlight_idle <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1200

Couldn't load any animation at all. (Use steam version also)
I attach file. In case you need example.

* characterselect_pose_barrel_highlight_idle.uasset (51.63 KB - downloaded 106 times.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 07:02 by vuphan » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2020, 09:45 »

I expected limited support. I need more files from this game then.

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g0880739ba143c5471000256903e68fb2c019f1e49c
 The files will be available on the server for the next 21 days.
What version of the game was there? I need to be sure that either Steam / Marketplace versions of the game are exactly the same, OR you're providing the same versions of files all the time.
Kahuna

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2020, 09:50 »

Thanks for the update Gildor! Going to browse through some assets within the next days :^)

Using the Microsoft Store version of the game with the latest version of umodel.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 10:26 by Kahuna » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: