March 29, 2024, 01:33
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Sea of Thieves  (Read 29483 times)
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2020, 21:43 »

I think they are network-compatible with each other, if you mean people playing on one version can play with people on the other. I'm not certain though, I don't really have a way of telling who is playing on what in-game. However I have tested the files from both. They present the same errors and only a few static meshes will load properly on either of them, I checked the files mentioned by Kahuna, and they do work on either as far as I can tell, so the two systems are apparently completely identical.

Either way though, very little is viewable or able to be extracted. Skeletal meshes don't seem to work (the ones I've tried anyway), the majority just crash UModel with allocation errors.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2020, 21:55 »

I think they are network-compatible with each other, if you mean people playing on one version can play with people on the other. I'm not certain though, I don't really have a way of telling who is playing on what in-game. However I have tested the files from both. They present the same errors and only a few static meshes will load properly on either of them, I checked the files mentioned by Kahuna, and they do work on either as far as I can tell, so the two systems are apparently completely identical.
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2020, 22:01 »

Glad to help. If there's anything else I can contribute to help make sure this game gets full support (At least with mesh and textures), let me know!
ElGoblino

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2020, 22:16 »

I tried to open a model and a texture .uasset file and got these error messages:

Code:
******** Loading object SkeletalMesh4'npc_pirate_lord.npc_pirate_lord' ********

ERROR: Serializing behind stopper (14294F+CA5AF70 > 2FBCFC)
FFileReader::Serialize:File=npc_pirate_lord.uasset <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- SerializeBulkArray <- FMultisizeIndexContainer<< <- FStaticLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/6 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'npc_pirate_lord.npc_pirate_lord', pos=14294F, ver=483/20, game=ue4.10 <- UObject::EndLoad <- Main:umodel_build=1157

Code:
******** Loading object Texture2D'npc_pirate_lord_body_di.npc_pirate_lord_body_di' ********

ERROR: UnPackage::Seek64(0xF8D000000000000) - not implemented
FByteBulkData::SerializeData <- FByteBulkData::Serialize <- FTexture2DMipMap::Serialize4 <- TArray::Serialize:0/13 <- FTexturePlatformData<< <- UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'npc_pirate_lord_body_di.npc_pirate_lord_body_di', pos=341, ver=483/20, game=ue4.10 <- UObject::EndLoad <- Main:umodel_build=1157

Some stuff can be opened via Noesis but the files I have opened successfully were just UI-related things

It seems as though all the UI elements can be opened in Noesis if you select Unreal 4.10. Some of the icon files would be useful to me but they don't display properly, the colours seem to be offset incorrectly on the majority of them. Any idea how I can fix this?

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2020, 22:17 »

I've checked the exe file provided with one of previous uploads. It's encrypted and not suitable for reverse engineering. So, I'll need to do guessing about file format changes. A huge iterative process.
I'll return to this game in nearest future (I hope).
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2020, 22:33 »

I'm assuming the previously-shared EXE was from the 'dumped' Windows Store version, which would be why it's encrypted. I have here the Steam version EXE, perhaps it will be more useful. I checked to see if 'Steamless' could process it and apparently not, which means it's either unencrypted, or using a form of encryption that has not been used before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vd5bumhynnba23w/SoTGame.exe?dl=0
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2020, 22:50 »

Thanks, but it has the same encryption. Similar problem is with Gears 5, the only problem why the game isn't supported yet.
Dummy
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2020, 04:26 »

I'll need to do guessing about file format changes.

Can you explain what you mean by file format changes? Do you mean the file formats that the devs used to import the assets or do you mean changes that were made to how assets were stored as uassets?

If its the first one I know rare started used alembic files heavily through development. I think it would be weird that they used that file type for everything but a lot of their static mesh files end with _a which could specify an alembic file and I don't believe alembic can carry any skeletal mesh data so they probably didn't use it for rigged assets which could be why most of the NPC files open without a problem.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2020, 08:54 »

Do you mean the file formats that the devs used to import the assets or do you mean changes that were made to how assets were stored as uassets?
Uasset. Other details are not relevant for UModel.
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2020, 21:09 »

Need more samples?
If so I can upload all the steam paks.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2020, 21:19 »

Enough for now, thanks. Don't expect anything on this week - I need to support new engine (Fortnite as a reference), add a few features which are interesting for me (and important for Sea of Thieves), and only then I can switch to this game.
Dummy
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2020, 01:26 »

Thank you for your hard work Gildor. I'm looking forward to when SoT eventually works. Is there a way we can donate to help support the development of umodel?
Kahuna

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2020, 15:05 »

Thank you for your hard work Gildor. I'm looking forward to when SoT eventually works. Is there a way we can donate to help support the development of umodel?

https://www.gildor.org/en/donate
SilentxValkyrie

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2020, 01:34 »

So I've been working to get the SOT assets for awhile now. After using UWPDumper to dump the files to get passed the EFS Windows encryption.

And then using QuickBMS With a SOT Script & the AES Key.

I managed to get all the assets in the UASSET Format

However

When trying to load them into umodel, they simply don't work. And I can't use the AES key with umodel because no matter what AES key you put in, it simply wont work even when it is the right AES Key. - I Can load some files in visual studios or hex editors or notepad++ or IDA PRO disassembly. But model files themselves, infact all Uasset files just don't work in Umodel even when selecting the sea of thieves game versions. I have no idea whats causing the AES key to fail. But currently I'm still trying to find a way to view these models/textures/materials etc etc... Files and so far the furthest I got was just IDA PRO. Which is kinda useless. - For any questions just reply or DM me. Any suggestions feel free to add.

Additionally Noesis, Unreal Engine 4.2.5.1 and a few other programs haven't given fruit. The U project files aren't even usable in Unreal engine.

Trying to do a few things to the game, 1. Mine info about certain bosses spawn properties like the shrouded ghost. 3D print some models. And make some custom textures for sail designs. Maybe port something to skyrim not sure yet.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 01:39 by SilentxValkyrie » Logged
JPRAS

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2020, 03:11 »

You can acctually get some models and textures from the game's files with UModel alone, but not all files work. I've managed to sucessfully extract a few NPC characters as well as very few prop models. Most models seem to be encrypted in some other way which is not yet supported though, which result in an error and crash.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: