April 18, 2024, 05:13
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [PS4] Days Gone  (Read 9791 times)
Tosyk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2021, 12:05 »

This model exported to glTF looks fine. Can't verify psk export - I don't have any modeling software installed.
can you check it with blender? https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.93/
you can download portable version from here and plugin from this page

It will only take 5 mins (depending on your internet connection). You just need to:
1. download blender
2. open it
3. install addon (.py file) from preferences
4. tick the checkbox
5. import PSK from File -> Import
6. import PSA from File -> Import

p.s.: I cannot use gltf unfortunately
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 14:55 by Tosyk » Logged

Коллекционирую игровые модели.
my blog - http://cgig.ru
Tosyk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2021, 14:59 »

can you help me? I think it's something with bone scale. it's like it is written smaller than it should or smt to PSA.

btw. problem is not with the model. model is fine. problem with animation. It looks fine in umodel viewer but not in 3d tools when import from PSA.

spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2021, 16:31 »

@Tosyk: Use build 1487 or below for now (link).
It's a regression (not really, most likely the issue is caused by specifics of the game) somewhere between 1487 and 1504 builds, but unfortunatelly builds in between doesn't include compiled exe (there was an issue with it back then), so it will take some time to determine the issue.
Tosyk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2021, 18:43 »

@Tosyk: Use build 1487 or below for now (link).
It's a regression (not really, most likely the issue is caused by specifics of the game) somewhere between 1487 and 1504 builds, but unfortunatelly builds in between doesn't include compiled exe (there was an issue with it back then), so it will take some time to determine the issue.
thank you, but this version has issue with eyes when animated

spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2021, 19:53 »

Probably Gildor can explain it better, but from my point of view it's around what you should expect from this situation.

This particular difference is caused by the change, introduced in this commit, in "if (TrackIndex < 0)" condition. Some games, including this one, are using master skeleton for almost all similar models, if possible, and many animations are applied via animation retargeting (especially facial parts). In the same time, umodel supports animation retargeting only for previewing (to a certain extent), but not for export. Change retargeting mode with Ctrl+R while previewing animations - and with "disabled" you can see what will be exported. As a result you can get more or less fine looking, or something like this for animations with retargeting.
Though I'm not sure why the mentioned change is causing differences between glTF and psk/psa exports.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 19:56 by spiritovod » Logged
Tosyk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2021, 20:03 »

@spiritovod, thanks for detailed answer! 1487 build work fine then, I suppose exported animation should be retargeted inside some 3d app further in this case.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2021, 23:34 »

This particular difference is caused by the change, introduced in this commit, in "if (TrackIndex < 0)" condition.
Thanks for finding the commit causing the issue!

In my opinion, it shouldn't produce any problems for MaxScript ActorXImporter - UModel generates some config file next to .psa file which contains names of bones which shouldn't be animated. May be the importer script was too old? (very old)

I can't check this by myself in Max (I'm trying to avoid installing unwanted software to my laptop), but I'll definitely check if generated config file contains all the required information - when I'll have time. I didn't add anything new to then animation format there, so Max importer wasn't changed.
Tosyk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2021, 03:45 »

confirm that max importer work fine. tho it works only in max, no other 3d app supports this config files unfortunately.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2021, 12:02 »

Ok, nice to know that there's no issues with my tools then Smiley
Tosyk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2021, 12:25 »

Ok, nice to know that there's no issues with my tools then Smiley
latest build doesn't work properly tho Smiley

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2021, 12:29 »

What's wrong with latest build? I didn't understand then - what works, and what - no?
I supposed this: you're exporting animation, it works fine with 3ds Max (and in UModel itself), but corrupt in Blender.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2021, 20:07 »

I supposed this: you're exporting animation, it works fine with 3ds Max (and in UModel itself), but corrupt in Blender.
Yes, this is correct. The only thing which doesn't work in this particular case is psa animation in blender, because it doesn't read additional config. Builds 1487 and below were using static pose stub for bones, which shouldn't be animated, so psa export with older builds looks the same as glTF in recent builds for such cases (in the blender, in 3ds max there is no difference). I suppose it's expected behavior, unless psa format may somehow support labeling of non-playable tracks.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2021, 20:12 »

Ok, this is an issue of PSK importer for Blender then. Not a bug in UModel.
Thank you for clarification!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2023, 00:53 »

Fix for some umaps is added to specific build, which allows to perform full scan or animations search on the whole folders/packages. For more info read my base post.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 01:05 by spiritovod » Logged
Krazze

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2023, 14:05 »

PC version works fine with latest umodel build and specific override option. Some materials are custom. It's highly recommended to open "paks" and "sfpaks" folders separately in umodel, otherwise there will be issues with proper textures loading in many cases.

Update: Fix for some umaps is added to specific build from this topic. Use it with existing game specific override, if you want to perform full scan or animations search on the whole folders/packages.

How do you merge several meshes? I'm trying but can't find the way.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: