March 28, 2024, 22:33
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake  (Read 36350 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2020, 23:32 »

I'm not familiar with that process, but anyway - it would require disassembling PS4. I'm not talking about others, who don't have the console. In theory, both ways are not legal - even if you buy the game, you can't get its files.
Digika

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2020, 23:41 »

In theory, both ways are not legal - even if you buy the game, you can't get its files.
What theory? There is no "theory", there is a law, it is called "copyright" law. Since we did not specify country I'm assuming "default country" - USA.

Copyright law is exactly for what its name say - it exist to control who can make copies of intellectual property(ies) and redistribute them. DMCA is a bunch of agreements and regulations to enforce it.

When you buy a game (or license to it) you technically can do whatever you want as long a you do not break copyright law. Even if EULA forbids you "decrypting or hacking game files" - it is not legally binding and fairly easy case of customer rights (in fact, USA has plenty of precedents on that and game hacking and reverse engineering is legal, as long as you dont redistribute - again, copyright act).

In short, what you can do:
- download the game content/files of the game you own
- do whatever you want with them as long as you are not redistributing and/or breaking copyright law, this includes unpacking some assets into common or readable formats and sharing them, like sharing texture converted into PNG or a 3D rig/mesh - now THIS is illegal.
- unpacking game files, doing research on them and then making converter or parser (which is what you do with Umodel) - this is legal.
- encryption keys are not protected by anything unless you signed NDA and received it under NDA

The worst thing you can get in the example case of taking HDD out of PS4 is voiding your warranty and/or service. That's not illegal, that's customer/seller relationships.

This non-free copyright 101 course will be 98$ for ya, thanks!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 23:45 by Digika » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2020, 01:45 »

why not just share decryption key and everyone can legally unpack their PKG they bought and own for personal use?
Good point, but that's just in theory. If you'll google for FF7 demo passcode, you'll find only one single result, the others were deleted most likely due to sony requests. In most countries you can RE owned software, but only for personal use. Any share of a single string of non-open source code can be considered as copyright infringement, especially such as passcodes. And sony is quite obsessed with that stuff, even more than nintendo.

You can extract some of UE ps4 games / patches released before ~december 2019 with PkgEditor and UDK default passcode (you can find compatible games list and passcode here). For example, you can get a patch for Days Gone from ps4database (it's parser for official sony updates), merge it with PkgEditor and then extract it with default passcode.

Back to FF7, considering this post and DA link above with the already extracted demo files, it's possible to fully explore demo full version contents. And I believe that all assets claimed to be from full version are fakes based on demo version contents and graphic manipulations. Sometimes people can be easily deceived. To get an actual passcode, you should decrypt game binary, which is only possible under firmwares with kernel exploits. Despite private exploit of 6.50 firmware exist, I hardly doubt anyone besides devs has it, so currently it's impossible to get actual passcodes (and on top of that 7.0 firmware is required for FF7, which doesn't have even private exploits). So, claiming that someone got anything from full version of FF7 is like claiming that someone hacked latest PS4 firmware / RSA encryption / other nonsense. Update: It appeared there is a way to extract full version as well, probably some privately leaked passcode. Interesting.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 03:27 by spiritovod » Logged
Digika

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2020, 02:02 »

Good point, but that's just in theory.
No, it's a fact.
If you'll google for FF7 demo passcode, you'll find only one single result, the others were deleted most likely due to sony requests.
DMCA abuse is nothing new, most of the public places (Twitter, massive forums) will just auto-comply. That does not make it illegal.
Any share of a single string of non-open source code can be considered as copyright infringement
That is not how it works. In order for something to be copyright-able it needs to have some creative and unique value. Code often really hard to copyright in small parts, it needs to be really unique otherwise you can copyright any printf() string and sue everyone. Does not work that way.

Just to clear some misunderstanding, all available on deviant art paks are from demo version
The ones that linked arent from Demo, demo only has 23 pak files, total size of ~20GB. His Drive counts up to 100GB of paks
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2020, 03:24 »

Oh, indeed, it seems I missed other folders. So, it's either some privately leaked passcode or someone has found a different way to extract resorces from pkgs (but that's unlikely).

And don't take out of context that "single string" thing. Passcodes / private RSA keys / other critical parameters are unique due to their nature and totally covered by copyright laws. It's just publishers rarely bother with actual actions, but when they do...
Digika

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2020, 03:36 »

No, it is not illegal to share encryption key you use to decrypt access to the game files you have license to. Especially so if you RE it personally or received as shared from someone else. If you get it other way, directly from the source/owner - it is a different case, especially, if you have some form of contract.

Anyway:

Oh, indeed, it seems I missed other folders. So, it's either some privately leaked passcode or someone has found a different way to extract resorces from pkgs (but that's unlikely).

it is completely decrypted package. Someone shared the files with a few people and through the chain of shares of ended up in that Gdrive. I have no idea why the original person who has working exploit on 7.x didnt just share decryption key same way, through word of mouth. I have a possible assumption though. When original FF7R leak happened, it wasnt just demo, there was a full game PKG and it had 3 hits/downloads. If someone atually managed to snag that PKG it would explain how they got access to the files but cant share key because it is useless (since it was changed for the release). Kudos to them not leaking anything until after release.
Ehlyon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2020, 04:06 »

i'll be the wearisome one, saying that the chars are missing the animation files, oh well... guess it's better than nothing, still thanks for the share.
Digika

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2020, 04:40 »

i'll be the wearisome one, saying that the chars are missing the animation files, oh well... guess it's better than nothing, still thanks for the share.

Yeah, besides just that, some steal data for enemies is incomplete. Jenova supposed to drop Astral Chain which is E_ARM_2005 but in the data files the drop is generic placeholder E_ARM. The same placeholder Rufus had for stealable items and we know that he has no stealable items in final release.

I think it is indeed the old build that leaked back then. Pretty amazing someone managed to download whole thing and keep it secret
jones45

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2020, 08:41 »

No, all the animation files are there. Why do you think we are posting about it here? We want Umodel support to view the animation files. No other tool can do this correct me if I'm wrong.
Ehlyon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2020, 13:59 »

No, all the animation files are there. Why do you think we are posting about it here? We want Umodel support to view the animation files. No other tool can do this correct me if I'm wrong.

Are they? where? I downloaded all the Pak2 files of chars/items and there's no animation in there, i tried with a few map paks and ofc they contain only the maps.
If you mean the Pak1 demo game well, sorry if i thought those were the march demo files.
Altought i see that the paks file size is different than the one from the demo i've... i'll just download everything then~

And i guess so...? daemon1 on xentax answered regarding the animation with
its already supported by someone else
Not refering to anything/anyone so we're left with guesses only.

Edit: Oke, animations are in map files, i didn't expect that lol, my bad  Smiley
And thanks Gildor, as usual i forget the simplest of the thing... updating the program  embarrassed
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 17:48 by Ehlyon » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2020, 16:59 »

Animations should work in Noesis, which I mentioned before.
Digika

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2020, 18:09 »

Animations should work in Noesis, which I mentioned before.
Hmm, really? Noesis just crashes for me
Ehlyon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2020, 19:33 »

Made it. Just needed to read better noesis change log.

Download the latest Noesis from rich website (v4426)
Use umodel to save the packages (or quickbms, or noesis too; umodel is more localized), in my case i made a test with Aps boss (xxx\Character\Enemy\EB0007_00_Aps_Standard for the model  and xxx\Motion\Enemy\EB0007_Aps\Battle00 the motions)

Noesis -> browse to the model and try to open the body file it should prompt this window

set it like that ^, then reopen the body and it should render fine, yey.

Now to export the animations:
Get to the Motion\Enemy\EB0007_Aps\Battle00 folder -> right click 1 motion -> export and on Advanced option we need to put these 2 commands:
-ue4datapath path to model file   --- Example for me H:\FF7R\UmodelSaved\End\Content\GameContents\Character\Enemy\EB0007_00_Aps_Standard
-ue4anims

If everything worked right you'll have the skeleton file with the animation on

https://i.imgur.com/uXQagjC.png

Now we just have to test with everything!  Grin
Digika

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2020, 21:02 »

Nope, crashes

UPD: only managed to export mesh into PSK, but importing in Blender crashes it, some duplicate vertex issues, seems like PSK plugin is outdated and last update was 1 year ago heh
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 21:33 by Digika » Logged
kulatong

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2020, 02:01 »

@Ehlyon. Thanks got Bahamut's to work.
https://gfycat.com/serpentineeminentcaribou

Seems like additional fiddling around is need to the characters or others, ex. Aerith's dress doesn't work with the exported attack and win animation.

@Digika
Used 280 from here with Blender 2.82.7 and works properly. https://github.com/Befzz/blender3d_import_psk_psa
Mesh and animations exported using Neosis following Ehlyon's instructions. Textures exported using UEViewer since Noesis seems to export broken textures.

Honestly would like to have the keys to extract the PKG myself. Having bought the digital copy of the game, the PKG files is easily obtainable without needing to anything in my PS4.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 02:35 by kulatong » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: