March 29, 2024, 15:15
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Cracking Open .uasset Files  (Read 9905 times)
AdamMort
Sponsor

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2020, 21:24 »

Hullo all,

I'm fiddling about with the .paks from Fable Legends that were recently posted (https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,2867.0.html), and I'm trying to get voicelines and sound assets from it. I can get raw .wem audio from the Wwise .bnk files in the "Sounds" folder, but all the files are completely unlabelled!

After a long time spent digging for information, it seems that some .uasset files have SoundBankInfo inside them, to help label the files. I can't get Umodel to export these files for the life of me, however. Every time, I get a "exported 0/0 objects" message from the console.

Now, I know that Umodel can see there's some information stored inside these files, as it says "class statistics: 1 SpeechBank", or "1 WwiseEvent", and I want to know what's hiding in there! Does anyone have any experience with .uasset files and getting at what's inside? Or am I misunderstanding how audio is getting processed by the game? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been trying to get this working for days!

* problem2.png (9.17 KB, 1144x147 - viewed 425 times.)

* problem3.png (21.84 KB, 389x166 - viewed 678 times.)
babymammoth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 09:34 »

umodel might not be the tool for this - quickbms with the unreal tournament script to unpak the pak file, and then opening the uasset files in a hex editor (maybe?) might be the move, to extract details. generally though if a developer removes the SoundbanksInfo.xml/.json then you're outta luck for finding the semantic names for Wwise ID's.
AdamMort
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 11:11 »

Yeah. I know Umodel works best with models and meshes, not really meant for other types of .uasset, but it's the only program I've found which can even get close to understanding the contents of a uasset file. The only problem is that the "class statistics" it displays in the viewport can't be exported and understood.

Funnily enough, I have tried just what you say, opening the files in a hex editor, and parts of them are understandable, even to a complete layman like me. My guess is that I'm going to have to knuckle down and learn how to parse these things by hand. I'd just love to know how Umodel gets the data out of these things!
nenju

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 21:41 »

hello there, i dont want to start another thread but so i post my question/problem here.

im trying to view/export/import .uasset / .uexp files (saved as packages due to export says 0 exported, see screenshot) from the game MortalOnline2.
the pak folder had an encryption key which i got and other files like meshes worked perfectly on export and import / viewing in UEviewer etc.
The file i try to access here is a dungeon from the game, tho i can open a town uasset just fine (see Pic4)

from what i researched on my own, is it impossible to use these files due to dependency and specified unrealengine project which i dont have?
(Also because the thing is probably cooked?)

thank you

* Pic1.JPG (39.49 KB, 763x221 - viewed 861 times.)

* Pic2.JPG (13.71 KB, 615x52 - viewed 200 times.)

* Pic3.JPG (66.67 KB, 745x653 - viewed 1122 times.)

* Pic4.JPG (52.68 KB, 863x422 - viewed 1099 times.)
Swoodc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 03:41 »

hello there, i dont want to start another thread but so i post my question/problem here.

im trying to view/export/import .uasset / .uexp files (saved as packages due to export says 0 exported, see screenshot) from the game MortalOnline2.

Bro did you ever find a solution to this? and also what method did you use to learn how to decrypt the key?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: