March 28, 2024, 15:54
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: View skeleton  (Read 555 times)
Mrpanini

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2021, 23:25 »

Hello, i see some topic about the skeleton exporting. And Gildor was saying that was complex to just export the skeleton.

I'm here because i have a problem...
In this game : Insurgency Sandstorm, all the weapons, all the Arms, attachements, etc. Used one single skeleton. BUT, for example, the attachement doesn't have all the bones.

Looks :
Weapons :

Attachements :

Same skeleton, not the same bones. In a topic i see, gildor say : "Find a mesh that use the skeleton and export it".
Yes... But idk if the mesh have all the bones of the skeleton.

Idk if you undestand what i'm saying because my english is very bad, but help me please/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 23:26 by Mrpanini » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 10:48 »

UE4 has skeletons in 2 places. Firstly, in mesh - it's not a Skeleton object, but some data embedded into a SkeletalMesh object. You see this skeleton in a viewer, it contains only those bones which are used by the mesh.

Second skeleton is a separate Skeleton object. Mesh has a reference to it, but doesn't use it for anything but animation. The same Skeleton is referenced by each animation track (AnimSequence) which was created for it. This Skeleton is used as a special information for applying animation to a mesh, and it is not visualized or exported directly.

The mesh's Skeleton is used when you press Ctrl+A key: UModel scans all AnimSequence objects in a game and finds those which uses the same Skeleton as a SkeletalMesh, then combines them into internal AnimSet object and attaches to a mesh, so you could see animation in a viewer.
Mrpanini

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 20:45 »

Yes but... In the game : Insurgency sandstorm... All the 2200 animations use the same skeleton. But like you say, mesh don't use all the bones. How i can get the full skeleton.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 21:19 »

I'm unsure if it is possible at all (with UModel).
Mrpanini

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 22:32 »

Daim... This can be very difficult if i wan't to create an other game with the assets  undecided
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 22:39 »

I'll think what I can do with that. The initial idea is to add Skeleton viewer, as a empty SkeletalMesh, but it still requires some amount of work.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 06:51 »

I'm sure Mrpanini and others are willing to wait patiently for when you can get around to it Smiley.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Mrpanini

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 00:04 »

I'll think what I can do with that. The initial idea is to add Skeleton viewer, as a empty SkeletalMesh

Do you think, with this idea, we can export the empty Skeletalmesh ?
And yes, i will wait patiently for when you can get around to it   Grin
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: