March 28, 2024, 20:03
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Trying to get GOW2 stuff...  (Read 7877 times)
Jamsh

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2011, 20:30 »

Hi all,
 I'm fairly new to this process, but thanks so much Gildor for the program you've made, its made my life a hundred times easier for loads of reasons...

However, Im struggling on this, Id like to get as much content out of the gears 2 game as possible, particularly the weapons (also the audio, but not sure if thats possible). I have a copy of Gears 2, how can I set about getting the packages off the disc onto my PC so i can extract them? Audio would be great too!

Thanks in advance!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 22:21 »

Hi all,
 I'm fairly new to this process, but thanks so much Gildor for the program you've made, its made my life a hundred times easier for loads of reasons...
You are welcome Smiley
However, Im struggling on this, Id like to get as much content out of the gears 2 game as possible, particularly the weapons (also the audio, but not sure if thats possible).
Look at screenshots on the facebook page (there is no other place with GOW2 screens) to check package names for particular models. Audio will be extracted into some proprietary XBox360 format - I'm even have no idea how to name these files ...
I have a copy of Gears 2, how can I set about getting the packages off the disc onto my PC so i can extract them? Audio would be great too!
Searching for "xbox360 iso" on the forum will give this thread ...
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,143.0.html
Jamsh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 05:22 »

So if I open the image browser in Xbox Backup Creator (seems to be the most common software), I will be able to see all the package names or?

Im just a tad confused when it comes to exporting, the image remains as a disk image correct? So I cant just put the ISO and umodel in the same directory and do it how i have been now can I? Or can I?
stonecoldnuts
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 07:27 »

Once you open the image in xbox backup creator via the "browse image" tab, you will be able to see all of the content on the disc. You can then export the contents of the image out to a new folder (right-click on the file, from memory), and then use UE Veiwer on the exported content. Typically all the files you'll be interestd in end in .xxx, so you'll need to be patient while you search through then. Even better, check some of the threads in "Other games" to see if anyone has posted any further info on the game you are searching.
Jamsh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 05:00 »

righty-oh, thanks all Smiley
Jamsh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 17:12 »

Turns out Xbox Backup Creator needs you to have certain PC drives to run it, which I don't have. Thats a pain, i'll have to find an ISO that someone uploaded somewhere :S

Any ideas?
Paluchi
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 04:15 »

hi im hoping to extract character/weapon models/mesh's from either gears of war game: gow1 or 2, ive browsed some forums about ways to do this and one tutorial sent me to this site because of the unmodel tool being capable of extracting mesh/models from games running the unreal engine.
i have both games on xbox360 disks and the gears of war 1 .iso.
i was hoping this method of extracting would give me more of a model/mesh with joints etc, as opposed to other techniques which are more or less like 3d 'screen shots' of the game.
if someone could point me in the right direction, even if its just generalised basics it would be much appreciated Smiley
oh, and i intended to use the extracted characters/weapons in 3ds max and/or cinema 4d (if possible as im more experienced with that program)
Thank you in advance Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 10:20 »

Read the FAQ
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,660.0.html
Paluchi
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 02:01 »

ive looked through and i cant find anything about using .iso files with umodel which was ultimately what i was after.
is there a way to use umodel with an .iso file or would i have to convert the file or what? ive been wracking my brain trying to find a way but other than downloading the game(s) for PC somehow or buying the games for pc.
im running short on memory space atm because the external drive i bought my friend has broken so downloading a game is something id like to avoid, but it is preferable to buying a game i already own 2 copies of! Sad

i dont want to waste anyones time so ill try and be as clear as i can:
what i have:
       gears of war 1 & 2 on discs for xbox 260.
       gears of war 1 .iso on my computer.
       umodel + the gui.
       cinema4d photoshop and 3d studio max.

what im looking for:
      gears of war character mesh/model with textures.
      weapon mesh/models with textures (if possible, characters are the main priority.)
      animations would be nice but not neccessary.

going to look if i can extract a default.xex from the .iso if this isnt right or not possible then i am genuinely and honestly stuck. please understand my inexperiance and exercise patience with my insessive failings and annoying questions =/
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 09:12 »

ive looked through and i cant find anything about using .iso files with umodel which was ultimately what i was after.
You did not told that you have problems with iso extraction, so I've supposed that you have troubles with the basic umodel usage - that's why I've sent a link to FAQ
is there a way to use umodel with an .iso file or would i have to convert the file or what?
No, umodel does works with packages, not with iso. There are some instructions on the forum (including this thread) describing extraction of packages from iso
i dont want to waste anyones time so ill try and be as clear as i can:
what i have:
       gears of war 1 & 2 on discs for xbox 260.
       gears of war 1 .iso on my computer.
       umodel + the gui.
       cinema4d photoshop and 3d studio max.
That's enough Smiley
what im looking for:
      gears of war character mesh/model with textures.
      weapon mesh/models with textures (if possible, characters are the main priority.)
      animations would be nice but not neccessary.
Extract xxx files from iso and use umodel on that files. This forum has all necessary information.
going to look if i can extract a default.xex from the .iso if this isnt right or not possible then i am genuinely and honestly stuck. please understand my inexperiance and exercise patience with my insessive failings and annoying questions =/
You don't need default.xex for umodel.

I suggest you to watch for "iso extraction" thread, read the FAQ (it has links to some tutorials), "documentation" and "usage problems" boards, and then try to get everything by yourself.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:14 by gildor » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: