March 28, 2024, 16:26
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: APB All Points Bulletin: Reloaded  (Read 28227 times)
simkas

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 14:45 »

I tried opening a contact package and the mesh I got included all of the clothing, but all parts of the skin (the face and all that) were completely transparent. How did you get them to show up like in the pictures?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 14:48 »

I've opened acquired files without extra manipulations.
simkas

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 14:49 »

Oh, nevermind, it's just that the textures have certain parts removed using alpha channels and the umodel viewer shows those parts as completely transparent. The models are still fine and all.
simkas

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 15:06 »

So the character packages work perfectly now, that's awesome, but could you take a look at the clothing packages too? When I export them, the skeletal mesh that's exported only sometimes contains parts of the actual model, it'd be awesome if there was a way to get the whole thing too. I'm assuming that it takes some parts for the clothing from the default body mesh and kinda morphs them into the needed shape, is there a way to recreate that in umodel?
I've uploaded a few clothing packages, as well as the packages that contain the base body mesh, is there a way to work something out? If not, it's not really much of a problem, but it'd be awesome if there was a way.
http://www.mediafire.com/?m2wlwumaa3nw7no
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 15:23 »

What's wrong in provided packages? I see no errors there.
simkas

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2011, 15:26 »

There's no errors, but the skeletal meshes they export (and some don't) are only parts of the actual clothing item that they correspond. For example, the boots_functional_kneehigh one only has the very tips of the boots in the skeletalmesh. As I understand, the rest of mesh would get morphed out of the body model, but is there a way to recreate that with umodel? Or is it just something that can't be done by umodel?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2011, 16:32 »

Umodel exports everything what it can. It will not export MorphTargets and "extra weight set" for mesh.
Kaao

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2011, 17:17 »

Couldn't reply earlier... Thank you Gildor!
 Smiley
Synchronicity

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 05:37 »

Hi just want to thank you for working on and releasing this amazing piece of software, very good of you to do so for free aswell.

Im wondering if anyone can confirm whether it is possible to export custom character models? even without any of the clothing customisation is it at all possible to rip just the basic player model? Many thanks!

edit: and if they are only stored server side would this mean there is no way to reach them? Also by custom characters i mean ones created as your own character in the ingame editor. cheers
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:03 by Synchronicity » Logged
Synchronicity

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2011, 01:18 »

Noone able to confirm whether this is possible? would be very much appreciated!
artisticVibe

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 12:16 »

Done

So sorry for bumping this old thread, just got to download the game and was trying to see how umodel would work... but I got this error when I tried to export Contact_Bloodrose_BritneyBloodrose.upk

******** Contact_Bloodrose_BritneyBloodrose.upk ********

ERROR: assertion failed: Ar.Game < GAME_UE3

USkeletalMesh::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh'Contact_Bloodrose_BritneyBloodrose.contact_bloodrose_britneybloodrose', pos=2135, ver=547/32, game=801A <- UObject::EndLoad <- UnPackage::CreateExport:Contact_Bloodrose_BritneyBloodrose.upk:0 <- LoadWholePackage:Contact_Bloodrose_BritneyBloodrose <- Main

You're able to view the mesh so I was curious how to go about doing that on the model.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 12:35 »

Sorry, that was a bug appeared due to major changes made to umodel this winter. Fixed it, thank you for the report.
artisticVibe

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 13:05 »

Sorry, that was a bug appeared due to major changes made to umodel this winter. Fixed it, thank you for the report.

No sir... I sincerely thank you for all your work Cheesy
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: