March 28, 2024, 19:57
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: APB All Points Bulletin: Reloaded  (Read 28227 times)
Mao
« on: April 04, 2011, 12:23 »

Umodel says it is compatible with APB, but since it's company changed and now gone under the title of APB: Reloaded, something must have changed as they are no longer able to be read by umodel/extract.

Here are the sample files I've gathered. From the look of it they should be samples of all types; meshes, textures, sounds (in a .bnk format that can't be opened, but the .bnk for tron evolution could..) including all .u files and the program's .exe.

Sample:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8YIKQ70A
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 12:30 »

Umodel is compatible with original APB game. According to the Wikipedia "APB: Reloaded" is a slightly different game which is under development by a different company. It is in the closed beta stage now, it is not released yet.
Mao
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 13:58 »

Ahhh yes, the samples I posted are from the "APB Reloaded" closed beta client.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 14:09 »

I've decided some time ago to not support unreleased games, because in the case of changes in the release game engine I have to do double work.
Mao
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 14:14 »

Ahh, I understand now. Lips Sealed That makes sense. Thank you for your time, gildor, and keep up your great work on this awesome program!
simkas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 12:27 »

The game is getting really close to open beta now and so far, the only engine changes they did were changing the texture compression format and change the format in which the user created music is kept in. So I think it'd be safe to say that if you were to add support to the current version, there most likely won't be any big engine changes that would require more work to keep the compatibility.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 12:38 »

I've decided to not support any game which is not released yet.
daletucker
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 00:43 »

Figured I'd let you know that "APB All Points Bulletin: Reloaded" is now available and you can download the open beta from here: http://setup.gamersfirst.com/installers/APB_Reloaded_Installer.exe - I hope you can now add support for the UE Viewer. I await your results. Cheesy
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 00:45 »

Everything may be changed between "open beta" and "release" (of course, this depends on company and a complexity of found bugs).
daletucker
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 00:47 »

Oh OK. It's a shame. Was looking forward to support. I'll keep an eye out anyway, thank you! Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 00:51 »

No problem Smiley
Vasyan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 16:32 »

Unfortunately I can not unpack a new version of the game is not one. upk file.
here is the log:

******** Anim_Player_Combat_Gun1Handed_Female.upk ********

ERROR: assertion failed: Position >= BufferStart && Position < BufferEnd

FUE3ArchiveReader::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- FString<< <- Name:0 <- ReadNameTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:Anim_Player_Combat_Gun1Handed_Female.upk, ver=547/32, game=8018 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:Anim_Player_Combat_Gun1Handed_Female.upk <- Main
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 16:34 »

Umodel has APB support with files of version 547/31. Your version is 547/32, and it looks like APB developers have modified package file format.
Vasyan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 16:39 »

I'm talking about this. In the old version to unpack everything, but the new version does not (((
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 16:46 »

That's life. Most times when some game got an update (especially online game) umodel will lose compatibility with its assets.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: