March 29, 2024, 14:56
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Alice: Madness Returns  (Read 26030 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 18:26 »

Fixed that, sorry. Please check again.
oveja

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 19:21 »

Fixed that, sorry. Please check again.

Thank You.
Perfectly Working.
iSage

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 09:32 »

Hello. I've tried latest version(17 June, 2011 - 18:25) with:
Code:
./umodel -export -all -md5 -out=/media/1TB/alice_exp/ ~/.wine_alice/drive_c/Program\ Files/EA\ Games/Alice\ Madness\ Returns/Alice2/AliceGame/CookedPC/AliceGame.u

and getting:
Code:
Reading T_FX_TileNormal_02 mip level 0 (128x128) from Textures.tfc
******** AliceGame.u ********
*** ERROR: lzo_decompress() returned -6
appDecompress <- appReadCompressedChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeChunk <- UTexture2D::LoadBulkTexture:File=Textures.tfc <- UTexture2D::Decompress:Tex=T_FX_TileNormal_02 <- ExportTga <- ExportObject:Texture2D'T_FX_TileNormal_02' <- Main
iSage

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 09:37 »

Oh, my bad, i'm using 13 May, 2011 - 17:25 version, as it's latest for linux.

Can you please update it too?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 10:43 »

Yes I will update Linux version soon. Did not realized somebody using it Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 17:41 »

Linux version of the umodel has been updated.
iSage

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 22:36 »

Thanx
Nuce
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 15:49 »

Having a few issues with this game. I've read the FAQ's, various other topics that seemed relevant and so on, but I can't seem to get the same result attached to the first post. Maybe it's something I'm misunderstanding, and if it is, my appologies.
I've managed to extract everything from the game file: textures, skeletals meshes, static meshes, etc., but I cannot seem to view the skeletal meshes, the Cheshire Cat in this case, as the first poster did. I'm aware that umodel cannot view .psk's, and I've grabbed SkelEdit for that, but when the model is loaded up in there, and the material attached, the texture is extremely fuzzy, almost as though it's a stretched out thumbnail.
It's my first time using either of these tools, so I'm suprised I've gotten as far as I have, but now I just seem to be stuck. I've viewed the texture seperately in it's .tga form, and it's showing as a crip clear 1024x1024, so I'm unsure why I cannot get the model to texture correctly. If anyone can help me I'd be immensely grateful, and again, I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I've read everything that I could find, and understood as much of it as I could.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 16:32 »

Check the logs. It looks like umodel can not find some TFC files so texture is exported in low resolution (in this case umodel always outputs explanation message to the log).
Nuce
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 16:57 »

The log has:

ERROR: zlib uncompress() returned -3
appDecompress:CompSize=4894 UncompSize=8192 Flags=0x1 <- DecompressBlock:block=18+131E <- FUE3ArchiveReader::PrepareBuffer <- FUE3ArchiveReader::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:CharTextures.upk, ver=99999/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:CharTextures.upk <- Main

Though in the Texture2D folder I do have all the neccesary textures and masks for the model I'm trying to view, the only reason I can't load the package in umodel is because it's .psk, and the texture I was applying in SkelEdit is 1024x1024, and extremely clear, so I don't know where I'm going wrong.
Like I said, maybe i'm being an idiot and overlooking something obvious, but I'm stumped, everything is there that I'd need to load up a fully textured model, but I just can't get it to come together.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 17:05 »

appDecompress:CompSize=4894 UncompSize=8192 Flags=0x1 <- DecompressBlock:block=18+131E <- FUE3ArchiveReader::PrepareBuffer <- FUE3ArchiveReader::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:CharTextures.upk, ver=99999/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:CharTextures.upk <- Main
Did you renamed CharTextures file? This file is TFC, not a package, and it should not be opened.
Though in the Texture2D folder I do have all the neccesary textures and masks for the model I'm trying to view, the only reason I can't load the package in umodel is because it's .psk,
Umodel produces psk, but it cannot open them. psk is a mesh file, while umodel works with unreal packages only.
Nuce
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 17:39 »

Ah, that first one may have been when I was originally trying to work out what I was doing, I'll get that sorted and try exporting it again, see if I can get it from there. Thank you kindly Gildor~ Hopefully I can stumble through from here.

EDIT:
Changed the file back now that I'm home, exported again, imported into SkelEdit, and voila. All working pristine. Thanks a bunch Gildor!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:58 by Nuce » Logged
chrrox
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 20:22 »

for ps3 version use the -ps3 switch
if you get an lzo error use -lzo switch or -lzx i don't have the files to test.
Darko

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 06:57 »

I was wondering, any idea of how to get the hair??
qwertypower

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 02:36 »

Hair in the game is material and script. No meshes found
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: