Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: SDL2 Errors Out, But older SDL versions work. Any Ideas?  (Read 5471 times)
SoloStyl

View Profile
SDL2 Errors Out, But older SDL versions work. Any Ideas?
« on: December 24, 2014, 08:41 »

Hello Gildor, long time lurker.

I tried the new Umodel Version 315-316, and both crash while trying to -view, -export, etc.

I tried many different Options. Same results. Also Umodel x64 has SDL2 and crashed as well.

Tried unchecking and changing many different options, same results.

BUT the first Public Release of uiUmodel uses SDL(not SDL2) and it works just fine.

Tried older command line Versions of umodel (which also use SDL) AND they also work fine.

Tried on all 4 PC versions of Transformer Games and PS3 Dark Spark. uiUmodel SDL2 did work on .obb files as expected.

Starting this thread to see if others have the same issues with SDL2 or if its a known bug. (forum searched and no hits)

Thanks for your work on this amazing tool and time spent on the forums helping us all.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:45 by SoloStyl » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: SDL2 Errors Out, But older SDL versions work. Any Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 10:37 »

Hello.

Could you provide me some details about your system and about crash? I think you're on Linux as you're speaking about different umodel versions (taken from GitHub?) and x64 version (which is not provided on this site).

1. So, what system do you use? Linux/Windows, its bitness, videocard, and in case of Linux - which video drivers do you use (Mesa/proprietary/anything else)?
2. Usually when umodel crashed, it prints some error message to console and duplicates it to notify.log - could you provide that?
3. Where did you get x64 version? If built by yourself - how did you do that? I think I didn't provide any documentation about that.

If you're on Linux/64, it's possible that you're using x86 build of umodel, but umodel tries to use 64-bit SDL library.
SoloStyl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 12:04 »

1. So, what system do you use? Linux/Windows, its bitness, videocard, and in case of Linux - which video drivers do you use (Mesa/proprietary/anything else)?
2. Usually when umodel crashed, it prints some error message to console and duplicates it to notify.log - could you provide that?
3. Where did you get x64 version? If built by yourself - how did you do that? I think I didn't provide any documentation about that.

1. Win7 x64 , Nvidia GT540m (laptop)
2. also added a Computer logfile from directX. all my hardware specs,drivers,etc link provided below
3. downloaded from your github. used the precompiled .exe inside the folders. just as a test

My Machine specs here in a .txt file from directX
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4w5jpzth1nf1wje/AACss116r27ozjDKo4aKJMRua?dl=0

I know Tranformers Games have issues, but the Compatibility List says they are fully supported.

notify.log
     I used Default options,NO settings changed.
ERROR: Package "TR_Demolishor_VEH_p.xxx": wrong name index 1992758314
UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=001004E9 <- SerializeObjectExport3 <- ReadExportTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:TR_Demolishor_VEH_p.xxx, ver=566/181, game=801D <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:TR_Demolishor_VEH_p.xxx <- Main:umodel_version=316

I Only allowed TEXTURES Options
ERROR: Trying to allocate 915406908 bytes
appMalloc:size=915406908 <- FArray::Empty:-1918631921 x 4 <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- SerializeObjectExport3 <- ReadExportTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:WEP_AssaultRifleArm_p.xxx, ver=566/181, game=801D <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:WEP_AssaultRifleArm_p.xxx <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- CUmodelApp::WndProc <- VisualizerLoop <- Main:umodel_version=316

As soon as I Clicked on "Scan Content", Crashes and closes.
ERROR in WindowProc: Trying to allocate -67108864 bytes
appMalloc:size=-67108864 <- FArray::Empty:-16777216 x 4 <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- SerializeObjectExport3 <- ReadExportTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:AAA_RS_ENV_01_p.xxx, ver=566/181, game=801D <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:AAA_RS_ENV_01_p.xxx <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc

Thanks, hopefully its something simple.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 12:18 »

3. GitHub doesn't have precompiled Win64 binaries.

The problem you have appears unrelative to SDL. It looks like the compatibility with Transformers was broken with my changes. I'm checking the problem right now. The last working build is from 9.10.2014.
SoloStyl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 12:29 »

3. GitHub doesn't have precompiled Win64 binaries.
The last working build is from 9.10.2014.

inside the Win64 *.zip i found a umodel.exe (it was just a test)
Ive been scouring the internet for older versions of umodel,(i know you stated you have over 250+ versions.WOW!)
maybe you can add the older versions on GitHub, it might help others who use the openSource, I cant code, sooo Undecided
Also, tried on another PC, same crashes and errors.

I noticed many .xxx packages have 0kb as filesizes.

BTW, all 3 versions of Transformer games use the same -taglist name "-game=trans", could that be the issue?

Could it be the tag names that are causing the issue? Or maybe you tagged them all that way by design?  Thank you Gildor.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:36 by SoloStyl » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 12:41 »

inside the Win64 *.zip i found a umodel.exe (it was just a test)
Where did you get this zip?

Also, tried on another PC, same crashes and errors.

I noticed many .xxx packages have 0kb as filesizes.
Did you try umodel with other games?
BTW, all 3 versions of Transformer games use the same -taglist name "-game=trans", could that be the issue?

Could it be the tag names that are causing the issue, or maybe you tagged the all by design. Thank you Gildor.
No, it's ok. All 3 games has the same code path inside umodel.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 12:44 »

maybe you can add the older versions on GitHub, it might help others who use the openSource, I cant code, sooo Undecided
All versions are on GitHub already. You may find all executable versions here:
https://github.com/gildor2/UModel/commits/master/umodel.exe
Just select a version and click on "<>" button on the right side, then click "View Raw".
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 13:00 »

I've fixed the problem. Please download the new version of UModel.
SoloStyl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 13:04 »

1. inside UModel-64-bit-port
umodel -version shows "Nov 25 2014 (git 305)" SDL2 also crashes
maybe its just a X32 and not x64 version, but as i said i was just testing different umodel versions

umodel first GUI public release build Sep 15 2014(SDL) -views and -exports ok, but a lot of 0kb package files in the list, nothing to show. and a lot of "Animation Errors". these games are a mess. its amazing how you can code like this

2. Yes, i tried umodel with other games, worked fine. even on .obb files as expeted

3. oh ok. thats why you are the expert in the UE scene
SoloStyl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 13:05 »

wow already. your a badass

Tried the new version, SUCCESS!! Even "Scan Content" works without crashing now.

I'm gonna do some test and see if Animation Errors still persist.

I'll keep you posted. Thank you Gildor
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 13:11 by SoloStyl » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 13:18 »

1. inside UModel-64-bit-port
umodel -version shows "Nov 25 2014 (git 305)" SDL2 also crashes
maybe its just a X32 and not x64 version, but as i said i was just testing different umodel versions
That "release tag" just contains updated tools for building umodel for x64, but there's no x64 binaries anywhere Smiley
Jump to: