March 29, 2024, 17:41
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Help with game translation  (Read 59901 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2009, 21:50 »

I use decompress.exe create by gildor on file .upk and  it's create a  directory unpacked and i modified the file .upk in unpacked with editor hexadecimal like Winhex, I save the file and I replace the file in directory of origin. But when I launch the game, then it's crash.
What's the game?
Does game crash when you replaced original game upk with unmodified unpacked upk?
jeanlafrite
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2009, 01:36 »

For the game batman arkham asylum (again Smiley ). The game crash when i modified the file in unpacked. For example i modify the file Max_A1_CH1_LOC_INT.upk, i save and i replace the file in D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\batman arkham asylum\BmGame\CookedPC\Maps\Max and i ecrase the original file.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2009, 13:05 »

The game is crashed because of incorrect package modifications.
jeanlafrite
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2009, 14:46 »

How I must do for make a right modification of the file?
Vik
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2010, 22:47 »

I'm interested in correcting the vast amount of bugs in the Hungarian translation of Mass Effect 2. I know the texts are stored in the file "BIOGame_HUN.tlk" but it is encrypted. Any ideas on where can I get an editor of some kind?
Rapid

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2010, 19:47 »

Hi Gildor!
I'm here again. Smiley
I wanted to work on the Transformers: War for Cybertron, but the game uses the latest UE3 and your decompressor (28th of may version) is not working anymore on the files. The files extensions now .xxx, but these are the former upks. Can you check it to make the decompressor compatible with the new files?

This is the error message when I try to decompress tone file:
Code:
******** A1_IAC_DecoEnd_Design_m_LOC_int.xxx ********

ERROR: Serialized FString is not null-terminated
FString<< <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=511/145 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:A1_IAC_DecoEnd_Design_m_LOC_int.xxx, game=1000 <- Main

Thank you very much!

BTW, the Batman's translation is now over the 10 thousands downloads and it was the translation of the month in the hungarian PC GURU magazin at february.

And one more thing. Now the .int text files are compressed too somehow.

Rapid
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2010, 22:58 »

Transformers package extractor and decompressor will be available soon.
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,523.msg4729.html#msg4729
Wink

BTW, the Batman's translation is now over the 10 thousands downloads and it was the translation of the month in the hungarian PC GURU magazin at february.
My congratulations.

Sorry, I can't help you.
Rapid

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2010, 23:08 »

Transformers package extractor and decompressor will be available soon.
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,523.msg4729.html#msg4729
Wink

Thanks! I'm waiting for it impatiently. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 23:09 by Rapid » Logged
jonidimo
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2011, 07:45 »

Hi Gildor!
I'm here again. Smiley
I wanted to work on the Transformers: War for Cybertron, but the game uses the latest UE3 and your decompressor (28th of may version) is not working anymore on the files. The files extensions now .xxx, but these are the former upks. Can you check it to make the decompressor compatible with the new files?

This is the error message when I try to decompress tone file:
Code:
******** A1_IAC_DecoEnd_Design_m_LOC_int.xxx ********

ERROR: Serialized FString is not null-terminated
FString<< <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=511/145 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:A1_IAC_DecoEnd_Design_m_LOC_int.xxx, game=1000 <- Main

Thank you very much!

Rapid
So could you translate the ingame subtitles? what about this image: http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1322/shippingpcbmgame2009092v.jpg ? it is ingame that. I need to hear in english with spanish subtitles. What files do I need to modify?
montcer9012

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2012, 03:16 »

I know has been a whiiileee since this topic was alive, but i need tips here please.

I do read all post on this thread and now i am translating Batman Arkham Asylum to spanish subtitles whit the help of the unpack tool; however, i have found a very important issue and is the modification whitout making smaller/big the file whit the HEX editor.

I mean, on some english sentences of the game i can't put it on spanish on less character cause same sentence on spanish is larger; everybody knows that game is going to crash if i modify the size of the file.

So, my question is if at this point (3 years since game came out) exist a tool that can pull out the audio files on the english .upx to combine it whit the spanish subtitle? (The subtitles are attached on the sound file) BIK tools can done this stuff whit BIK videos.

If this magic tool exist, i could make it work on a Windows batch file to make the translation process easier  Shocked hahaha. Anyway, thanks to Gildor for develop the extract and decompress tools for the .upx files.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:19 by montcer9012 » Logged
ramydarkness

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2013, 19:19 »

Hey.. Venomtrk
I want to translate Batman Arkham city to Arabic .. and I did 10% from it but the font in gameplay looks strange like many squares .. what is the problem with Arabic language ??
Help Me To do it .. thanks
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: