March 28, 2024, 20:06
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Sea of Thieves  (Read 29441 times)
Newbie31

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2023, 13:49 »

Does anyone know that latest AES Key for this game. Or how I can find it/ what software can find it. Ive seen alot of posts about an older key which nolonger works.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2023, 16:47 »

@Newbie31: Key is still the same for latest steam version (and probably for ms store version), it didn't change since the game was released almost 5 years ago. And everything is the same in terms of compatibility as well. If you have any issue, it's most likely user error.
Newbie31

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2023, 00:27 »

hi,

I appreciate the reply you could be right that im doing something wrong. this is what I do.
1. Open umodel and navigate to the sea of thieves install folder.
2. Umodel opens the packages to the point I can see all the folders and assets.
3. Right click on the folder I wish to export and choose "export folder content". I leave the settings as default and click ok.
4. A window opens requesting AES encryption key. the key I tried is this one (i have tired others but this is the one that comes up most commonly.
- 0x37A0BC3DC2E01D9EB4923CA266A5701F56A4802347F07927FC3FC25C93B31B50
the program gives and error message and then closes.

Are there more steps here that I am missing. Do I need to do something with QuickBMS first?
any help is much appreciated
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2023, 06:13 »

@Newbie31: At least you need to set correct override option at startup screen (UE4 -> Sea of Thieves). There may be still some decompression issues though, that's why specific quickbms script was suggested as alternative solution for assets preliminary extraction, but you can also try umodel build from this topic with the same override, it may work better in some edge cases.
Newbie31

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2023, 13:57 »

Thank you so much, I didnt even notice the override option. The version in the link you provided worked perfectly. thanks.
AT_911

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2024, 22:17 »

Hey everyone, huge thanks to Gildor for this tool, it is amazing and let us see how things are made, especially when you are learning game dev.

I have a tiny question, is it possible to extract and reimport a material ? I wanted to do a reverse engineering on the rock material template from SoT and I can't find how to see the uassets in the browser or the .mat when extracted, is it possible to access to the material editor ?

Thank's in advance !
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: