Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 258151 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Fortnite
« Reply #1740 on: July 11, 2021, 10:00 »

Hi,
I've closed your issue on github because "standard" UModel is not intended to work with recent Fortnite due to some problems. However if you'd check THIS thread, you'd notice the solution:
Here is specific umodel build with temporary fix for static meshes (link) - use 4.27 override option.
nanojin

A nano.

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: July 11, 2021, 11:07 »

That's a fix for static meshes? I don't think I had any issues with static meshes. So I didn't believe that portion of the conversation was relevant to the issue I'd noticed with animations, facial expressions, and sound. (I don't know what CMM is, but it's part of an emote so I assume it deals with animation.)

Does the temporary fix address anything I've said so far?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1742 on: July 11, 2021, 11:11 »

I have no idea what was fixed there, but at least nobody said that anything doesn't work.
nanojin

A nano.

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: July 11, 2021, 20:30 »

Hmm, I could also say that no one has said it does work! Also Thanks for clarifying what umodel isn't intended to do!

So, you're saying the fix fixes the issues I'm having with poses and sound? Unless what I'm missing is that the StaticMesh issue is responsible for those issues as well. Hmm, so it's a data structure problem? I think I see...
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1744 on: July 12, 2021, 08:53 »

Technically, the problem is with "unversioned properties". This is a complex data structure, and inserting or removing just 1 property to the object breaks things. Unversioned properties appeared in UE4.26, and Fortnite was in sync with that data. In UE4.27 things changed, and I've updated UModel for that. However, in Fortnite things changed in a DIFFERENT way - things which exists in Fortnite are missed in UE4.27 and vice versa. I'll resolve issues when Fortnite will be updated to include UE4.27 changes, so a workaround build could be used until that.

Regarding sounds, Epic has changed things I think in UE4.25, so they WON'T work in UModel.
spiritovod

View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 12, 2021, 17:03 »

@Gildor: It seems like a different issue. I've checked it and mentioned animations works fine in official 1556 build, but crashes with unversioned properties error in 1562. For example, open /Game/Characters/Player/Female/Medium/Heads/F_MED_Faux_Head/Meshes/Female_Medium_Faux_Head.uasset and add /Game/Characters/Player/Female/Medium/Heads/F_MED_Faux_Head/Meshes/Female_Medium_Faux_Head_Facial_Poses.uasset animation to it.

@nanojin: The mentioned specific build, posted above, should indeed fix those errors with animations (though for different reason). As for sounds, it's better to use Fmodel for them, because in umodel this feature is optional anyway and like Gildor explained above, it doesn't work in latest UE4 games due to updated format (and it didn't work with wwise audio even before that).
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1746 on: July 13, 2021, 09:43 »

@Gildor: It seems like a different issue. I've checked it and mentioned animations works fine in official 1556 build, but crashes with unversioned properties error in 1562...
I have local changes in UnObject4.cpp, with unversioned properties updated for UE4.27. This doesn't match Fortnite, but I didn't bother rolling back (huge) changes before providing a build, as it didn't work with recent Fortnite anyway. I can't commit these changes too - it will break YOUR builds.
spiritovod

View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 13, 2021, 16:37 »

@Gildor: I don't quite understand how your commits can break my builds, considering that they're based on older revisions and I can roll back certain changes manually if needed. You shoudn't be bothered with it, really.
My concern is that 1556 didn't have any workarounds for Fortnite like before (at least, not for animations), nor do 1562. If some animations doesn't work now, does it mean that original implementation of unversioned properties was not aimed for general 4.26 games but Fortnite specifically - or that current implementation of them is not backward compatible with general 4.26 games -  or it's something else, like their specifics in the particular game. It's hard to tell, because apparently Fortnite is the only known game with unversioned properties that works in stock umodel, which is not enough for any kind of conclusions.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1748 on: July 13, 2021, 18:36 »

I don't remember. I think 4.26 was in sync with Fortnite, until the engine was released. Now, 4.27 is in preview state, I've added some properties for it to UModel (local changes). But those are entirely not matching Forntite. These changes affects animation, static and skeletal meshes, may be textures too (i.e. everything). The changes are activated with Game=UE4.27, what's used for Fortnite, so there's a conflict.
punkeen

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: July 29, 2021, 23:36 »

Hello! New Fortnite pose animation. (Last Umodel) Please Fix:
Memory: bad allocation size -2139095040 bytes
appMalloc: size=-2139095040 (total=130 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: 1107427328 x 64 <- HandleTArray <- CTypeInfo::SerializeUnversionedProperties4: Type=UAnimSequence4 <- UObject::Serialize <- UAnimSequenceBase::Serialize <- UAnimSequence4::Serialize <- LoadObject: AnimSequence4'BuffCatFan_Female_Idle.BuffCatFan_Female_Idle', pos=B93, ver=523/0, game=ue4.27 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Animation/Game/MainPlayer/Menu/BR/CustomSkins/_S17/BuffCatFan/BuffCatFan_Female_Idle.uasset <- ExportPackages <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc <- UIBaseDialog::CustomMessageLoop <- UIBaseDialog::ShowDialog: modal=1, title="Choose a package to open" <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1562

*Fortnite Last Version / AES Used:
0x447BBFD835ADFFF5BE68CFE5D93BF3A27A4641656A8C7F7F5051104F6C73E25E
0x02BBB7DBB2491EC18A083D989504FE123CBADFFFEF972F4285374AB1F80BEF9A
spiritovod

View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: July 30, 2021, 00:10 »

@punkeen: Use this build for now, it should work - https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,3317.msg40651.html#msg40651
punkeen

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: July 30, 2021, 01:13 »

it worked! Thanks Cheesy
Dex

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 01, 2021, 08:00 »

Guys, I've been looking for a while now, and I can't find any of the STW robots in the game files. Does anyone here know where their models are? (Ray and Lok. I found Pop's model in some other part of the file structure.) Also, the drone that takes you back to the lobby in BR.

Is there any way to find a certain model besides guessing names in Flat View and asking other people? I think this is the third time I posted this type of question on this thread and I don't want to get in the way of actual bug reports.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: August 01, 2021, 10:59 »

Guys, I've been looking for a while now, and I can't find any of the STW robots in the game files. Does anyone here know where their models are? (Ray and Lok. I found Pop's model in some other part of the file structure.) Also, the drone that takes you back to the lobby in BR.

Is there any way to find a certain model besides guessing names in Flat View and asking other people? I think this is the third time I posted this type of question on this thread and I don't want to get in the way of actual bug reports.

Ray was taking out a while ago, need to find particular version to get it (did have it but think I've deleted it a while back)

Finding skins you can either find a ID chart someone has created (google Fornite ID Skins etc), or by looking at the Athena UI textures to find the particular skins.

* Screenshot_20210801_164748.png (337 KB, 1986x1148 - viewed 87 times.)

Blender + Linux User Here.
Dex

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: August 01, 2021, 21:40 »

I'm not trying to find the skin versions, I need the original characters from STW

Is it in a separate Pak or something?
Jump to: