March 28, 2024, 20:18
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 15490 times)
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2019, 04:19 »

Y'know I want the static meshes as much as anyone else, but uh, gildor does have a life, you know. It's not like this is all he ever does. He'll get to it when he gets to it, just be patient.

^Well said!

Blender + Linux User Here.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2019, 20:21 »

I found the Mouthpiece mask but trying to open/export the mesh just gives a fatal error and closes everything, is there any way to fix this?

Both his shield and mask are static mesh files, as of right now umodel can't view or export those.
It seems that we will never wait for the support of static BL3 meshes, as well as from the sequel and KF2.

Y'know I want the static meshes as much as anyone else, but uh, gildor does have a life, you know. It's not like this is all he ever does. He'll get to it when he gets to it, just be patient.
Unfortunately, he replied that quantity is important for him, not quality. I quote: I'd rather make support for Vertex Paint and Morphes than do support for one game. Most likely we will never see static models from this game. But Ninja Ripper does not master this game, I have tried many times already.

MARK2580
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2019, 20:25 »

I wouldn't say that this means "quantity but not quality". Adding support for vertex colors is rather quality. But probably yes - this will affect all games with new feature, not the single one.

Regarding Borderlands 3 statics. I've spent half a day working on skeletal meshes and animations, just trying to understand changes in data formats, not having the game executable for analysis.This approach didn't work for static meshes - there are things which I can't understand, so after spending hours there I decided to stop. I don't have enough time to do very complex stuff for umodel.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 20:28 by Gildor » Logged
Kabalstein03
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2019, 04:51 »

I wouldn't say that this means "quantity but not quality". Adding support for vertex colors is rather quality. But probably yes - this will affect all games with new feature, not the single one.

Regarding Borderlands 3 statics. I've spent half a day working on skeletal meshes and animations, just trying to understand changes in data formats, not having the game executable for analysis.This approach didn't work for static meshes - there are things which I can't understand, so after spending hours there I decided to stop. I don't have enough time to do very complex stuff for umodel.

If one of us were to give you the game on it's entirety, would that be better for analysis?
I don't know i f you own it, that's why i'm asking, or are people just sending you files to check on them?
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2019, 07:04 »

Well uh, if it helps, here's the game executable. I dunno how helpful it'll be given how small it appears.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0selylqvftxp1o9/Borderlands3.zip?dl=0
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2019, 09:19 »

Thanks, but yesterday I've been already provided with an exe. Now need time - can someone share it with me? Smiley
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2019, 15:56 »

Oh, all right. I hope this it all works out! Take your time, good fellow. We all appreciate what you do for us and I for one am willing to wait for such wonderful work to be done!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2019, 17:55 »

Added StaticMesh support.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2019, 19:14 »

Again Gildor making people happy  Cheesy

Blender + Linux User Here.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2019, 19:55 »

Thank you very much.

MARK2580
Kabalstein03
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2019, 00:41 »

We can't thank you enough for your work mate!
fobk

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2019, 07:38 »

Made an account to say thanks Gildor.
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2019, 23:53 »

Thanks a lot! That was very kind of you to put in the effort to support this...

san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2019, 23:56 »

Vertex color support will be for the model viewer only or can this information be extracted? i.e. if the original static mesh has some vertex color information using blending two different materials/textures, will the tool be able to extract that information? Sorry if this sounds really stupid, I only have limited experience playing with vertex painting inside UE4

mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2019, 01:16 »

Vertex color support will be for the model viewer only or can this information be extracted? i.e. if the original static mesh has some vertex color information using blending two different materials/textures, will the tool be able to extract that information? Sorry if this sounds really stupid, I only have limited experience playing with vertex painting inside UE4

Yes, export is planned but in gITF format. More details from Gildor himself.

MARK2580
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: