March 28, 2024, 14:59
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Lost Ark  (Read 63052 times)
Triadasoul

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2022, 15:41 »

@Triadasoul: The game is using hashing for names, which was explained somewhere around the topic. While loading a hi-res texture, it usually address bulk data from tfc file (texture cache) - and if it can't find corresponding file, only stub with lowest mip is loaded from base package. In short, you need to find corresponding upk file and rename it to tfc - required name is written in the viewer (TFCName) and also in logs. Though this part is not clear to me, because it seems like the game can address multiple different files under single name (maybe because how their hashing works?).

Thank you!
Is there an easy way or routing to find the upk which stores the hi-res NPC textures?
SearchForHype

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2022, 17:02 »

@SearchForHype: Provide problem package here or via PM, so I could take a look.

Here you go:
https://easyupload.io/kiawiq
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2022, 02:36 »

@Triadasoul: I'm aware of only one tfc file, which is mentioned in the base post with builds. Can't tell anything about others (if there any).

@SearchForHype: I suppose this is ACL library bug, which came from custom decompression settings, used in latest updates. I've fixed this, but only for steam build, as I'm not sure other versions are affected by it.
Triadasoul

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2022, 09:56 »

@Triadasoul: I'm aware of only one tfc file, which is mentioned in the base post with builds. Can't tell anything about others (if there any).

@SearchForHype: I suppose this is ACL library bug, which came from custom decompression settings, used in latest updates. I've fixed this, but only for steam build, as I'm not sure other versions are affected by it.

Thank you! it worked ! (i read that post long-long ago embarrassed)
Vincent Donald

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2022, 21:15 »

@Vincent Donald: This is UE3 game, not UE4.
thanks for your kindly help Cheesy
heyong

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2022, 21:34 »

The file in the steam version crashed

* `U[}3B8DH774PW{EE}Z6W7I.png (33.53 KB, 546x239 - viewed 130 times.)

* NFB{3U%($493JXFKBQQ3KKS.png (66.6 KB, 993x614 - viewed 100 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2022, 16:00 »

@heyong: It seems like you're either out of memory or bumping into general limits of 32-bit builds. Try to limit batch export to packages / assets you actually need.
heyong

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2022, 17:02 »

@heyong: It seems like you're either out of memory or bumping into general limits of 32-bit builds. Try to limit batch export to packages / assets you actually need.
I have enough memory. It should be a 32-bit limit problem. Thank you very much for your help
redtank

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2022, 04:29 »

@spiritovod
the animation exported looks all have same length for each AnimSet, like all male animation are 320 frame length and all female animation are 280 frames
which is kinds of unusual than other game, could there be something missing?
thanks!
LoudlyCoding

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2022, 18:34 »

Does v2_ru worked for ru version?
i tried it but there is no anim info on the left bottom as usual.
also tested on the same file as your screenshot.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2022, 22:57 »

@redtank: They've customized a lot of things and I didn't dig into all of them yet. But you have a point here, issues with non-acl animations are directly related to this because of incorrectly suggested frames count. I've updated all builds (should be fix4), now ACL animations are using their own build-in properties instead of sequence properties and some properties for non-acl animations are calculated artificially. They should be less confusing this way.

@LoudlyCoding: In UE3 games animation sets and packages works differently than in UE4 games. You can't do batch search for animations, only cycle animation sets from currently loaded assets set. Also, package may contain mesh, but doesn't contain compatible anims - and vice versa. You need to add both mesh and anim set to currently loaded set with append option and then do things.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 00:10 by spiritovod » Logged
redtank

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2022, 21:04 »

@redtank: They've customized a lot of things and I didn't dig into all of them yet. But you have a point here, issues with non-acl animations are directly related to this because of incorrectly suggested frames count. I've updated all builds (should be fix4), now ACL animations are using their own build-in properties instead of sequence properties and some properties for non-acl animations are calculated artificially. They should be less confusing this way.

@LoudlyCoding: In UE3 games animation sets and packages works differently than in UE4 games. You can't do batch search for animations, only cycle animation sets from currently loaded assets set. Also, package may contain mesh, but doesn't contain compatible anims - and vice versa. You need to add both mesh and anim set to currently loaded set with append option and then do things.

It works perfectly now, many thanks!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2022, 23:01 »

@relientk: There is no point in doing that, since the game is using customized upk and you wouldn't be able to decompress or extract anything from there with common tools even after decryption. Otherwise, the whole routine is explained on the first page by h4x0r and Brouznouf.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 23:03 by spiritovod » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2022, 15:38 »

@relientk: That's the only key used for upk (one per region) and it still works, otherwise people would already submit an issue due to non-working umodel build. Apparently things you're trying to do are not related to upk and thus to this topic (also, upk outside "Packages" folder are not real upk). For the rest of files, like audio and databases, you can use respective additional scripts and tools from this topic (look for "other scripts for UE games").
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 20:44 by spiritovod » Logged
Sekwah

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2022, 06:56 »

First of all, thanks @spiritovod for all the amazing work you've put into this tool. It's really helpful to extract some in-game textures that are often cut or low scale in-game.

There's a few textures that often fail to be displayed (or be extracted, for that matter), as if they were invisible. For example, in the Steam release in EFGame/ReleasePC/Packages/PWTH1B17THBVF2NME7646CM.upk most textures load perfectly except identityblade_i6, identitydevilhunter_i6.

There's no error or anything, it's just as if they didn't exist. Any idea on why?

* unknown.png (181.62 KB, 947x818 - viewed 40 times.)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: