March 29, 2024, 17:18
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Sea of Thieves  (Read 29576 times)
Dummy
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2020, 12:23 »

Using the Microsoft Store version of the game with the latest version of umodel.

Did you use something to dump the assets during run time? Windows wont even let me open the folder the game is installed in.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2020, 12:25 »

Guys, it would be nice to have examples from both versions of the game, to see if I could recognize the difference. Otherwise, only ONE version of the game will be supported - and actually, due to difficulty of getting access to files, that won't be a Windows Store version.
Kahuna

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2020, 12:45 »

snip

Did you use something to dump the assets during run time? Windows wont even let me open the folder the game is installed in.
Use UWPInjector to extract the game files from the game while it runs.
Dummy
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2020, 13:11 »

snip

Use UWPInjector to extract the game files from the game while it runs.

Im trying it now. It just seems to crash the game before it can dump anything.
Kahuna

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2020, 13:19 »

Im trying it now. It just seems to crash the game before it can dump anything.
You need to suspend the game to prevent it from crashing while dumping clean files.

Tools like Process Hacker2 or similar will do the job just fine for that.
Dummy
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2020, 13:25 »

Yup, that was the problem. Its working now.

Here are some of the paks from the steam version if that helps: https://we.tl/t-wj53diE7J5
Dummy
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2020, 13:47 »

Using the Microsoft Store version of the game with the latest version of umodel.

I was able to also open up that file. Can you open any of the static meshes such as treasure chests or ships? I get an error every time I try.

* umod.png (157.34 KB, 796x601 - viewed 506 times.)
Kahuna

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2020, 14:41 »

Guys, it would be nice to have examples from both versions of the game, to see if I could recognize the difference. Otherwise, only ONE version of the game will be supported - and actually, due to difficulty of getting access to files, that won't be a Windows Store version.

It seems that the Steam version requires the same amount of work (UWPInjector + suspender) to get the files. Verification appreciated from users with the Steam version like Dummy.

I was able to also open up that file. Can you open any of the static meshes such as treasure chests or ships? I get an error every time I try.

Tried to open a couple of random static meshes like foliage and a ship part and I'll get this error
Code:
Memory: bad allocation size 1275068416 bytes
appMalloc:size=1275068416 (total=78 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:16777216 x 76 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- SerializeBulkArray <- FStaticMeshVertexBuffer4<< <- FStaticMeshLODModel4::SerializeBuffersLegacy <- FStaticMeshLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:1/4 <- UStaticMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:StaticMesh4'largeship_middeck.LargeShip_middeck', pos=214FA1, ver=483/20, game=sot <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:largeship_middeck <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey:key=6F, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main:umodel_build=1200
Dummy
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2020, 14:51 »

It seems that the Steam version requires the same amount of work (UWPInjector + suspender) to get the files. Verification appreciated from users with the Steam version like Dummy.

For the steam version, I didn't need to use UWPDumper or even run the game. I just used Umodel and was able to open the same assets you did. I needed to use UWPDumper for the windows version only. I used the same AES code for both which was found on the rin forum, I think.

With both versions of the game the same files are accessible through umodel but most aren't and will give some type of memory error. If umodel is made to work with one version then it should work for the other as well. Its just the windows version requires this additional dumping step.
Kahuna

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2020, 15:05 »

Thanks for the info.

@Gildor

Here are some samples from the Windows Store version ~4 GB

https://we.tl/t-Qn5JbVyWBX

https://we.tl/t-F6CyOrmpN0

Just tried to open two static meshes (skydome and thunderbolts) and they are working  Shocked

« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 15:18 by Kahuna » Logged
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2020, 19:05 »

Since people seem to be ignoring the fact you said you don't wish to support the windows store version, here's some extracted samples from the Steam Version. I used that aforementioned BMS script to decompress these and extract them into uasset files for ease of access. It's true that the allocation error throws for most of them, but hopefully this package allows you to figure out something properly. This is everything from the 'NPC' folder so hopefully it supplies enough information to help manage support for other things.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h53yxf5lz35ypll/NPC.zip?dl=0

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2020, 19:14 »

You might use UModel to "save" them, I think. No needs for BMS script, unless Steam has a different pak file format and/or compression.
There's a question: it was mentioned above, that Steam version requires the same amount of hand work to get access to pak files, like Store version has. Is that true?
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2020, 20:28 »

That is not true, no. Steam version is freely accessible to anyone who owns the game. They are not protected the same way the Windows Store version is. I have both.

My apologies for not using the 'save' function of UModel. I keep forgetting it can do that for some reason, gah!
ElGoblino

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2020, 21:10 »

Just FYI the Steam and Microsoft Store versions are identical beyond the Microsoft Store having that extra layer of protection requiring UWPDumper.

Been waiting for Sea of Thieves support for a while on this, so very excited to see where it ends up!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2020, 21:35 »

Just FYI the Steam and Microsoft Store versions are identical beyond the Microsoft Store having that extra layer of protection requiring UWPDumper.
Are these versions network-compatible?

It would be nice if anyone could compare pak files from these 2 versions of the game. Currently the information posted here says: Store game files are supported, Steam files - not.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: