March 28, 2024, 17:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Lost Ark  (Read 63061 times)
eexxeennuull

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2023, 09:26 »

Are there any dummy mesh that are compatible with most of the humanoid animations? (the whole character, not in separate parts)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2023, 20:36 »

@3dartsro: It's not related to this topic, but usage is quite easy there, "lautool_xx.exe -d input.wem output.wem" (output will be decrypted file). You can write some batch script for batch processing if needed.

@downforce: I've decided to not provide support for versions which are not somehow accessible from overseas, because in case of issues it's not possible to check them and decide if it's general umodel issue, or specific issue of particular region version, or just user error.

@eexxeennuull: I wonder why combining separate parts of a model is not an option? You can do it in umodel as well with tagging required meshes (scroll through loaded meshes and press Ctrl+T on those you want to combine), the result will be around the same as on screenshot attached to base post with the build. Also, it doesn't seem like the game is using retargeting much, so most animations are tied to particular skeletons - and in case of player characters those are mostly separate parts (because of character generation thing).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 01:30 by spiritovod » Logged
eexxeennuull

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2023, 21:37 »

@spiritovod Thank you for replying. In the screenshot, the player's parts have _skel in their names, so i assumed they have multiple skeletons in every characters. I have been trying to retargeting animation onto a character rigged with Blender's Rigify before, with another game. But i don't know how to make multiple parts go into one whole skeleton. (this game is so large and its requires VPN, so i have not downloaded it yet)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2023, 23:46 »

@eexxeennuull: Well, yes, most characters has their own skeletons here, even if they are renamed copies of those from similar models - that's how things works without retargeting in place. Apparently the game has a lot of copy-pasted stuff with small changes just because of this. If you're planning to apply most animations to some single model, it's not possible to automate with umodel and it would require some manual scripting in third party apps like blender (with pre-processing like renaming used skeleton/armature on import, checking if bone names are the same, etc).
eexxeennuull

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2023, 01:09 »

@spiritovod Thank you very much. Ten years ago, i cannot imagine something like this was possible at all. It's all thanks to multi-talented peoples with outstanding skills like you and @Gildor. m(_ _)m
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2023, 21:03 »

Support for korean client is added to specific build. Apparently it's using the same key as older versions from 2018-2019 (CBT/OBT ones). I've only tested it with some old OBT version, but downforce confirmed that it also should work with latest korean version as well.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 18, 2023, 21:29 »

Support for chinese client is added to specific build. The build is now 64-bit version and you need to use SDL2_64.dll from official umodel. Not sure about some things though, so if you have crashes with particular packages using latest specific build, please report them.
downforce

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 18, 2023, 21:44 »

I confirm it's working well for KR client. I can extract boss models and various other pngs

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/QEuKy6E

Thanks @Spiritovod
andrewdesi09

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2023, 17:56 »

Hi. Im using the newest version of the steam client, and trying to open or extract any .upk files gets me this error:

appDecompress: CompSize=32858 UncompSize=131072 Flags=0x44 Bytes=1E6B <- DecompressBlock: block=322D+805A <- FUE3ArchiveReader::PrepareBuffer <- FUE3ArchiveReader::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- FString<< <- Name: 0 <- UnPackage::LoadNameTable3 <- UnPackage::UnPackage: EFGame/ReleasePC/Packages/EAOFO0FAD6VMYVWH4Z8KZ6.upk, ver=868/16, game=ue3 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): EFGame/ReleasePC/Packages/EAOFO0FAD6VMYVWH4Z8KZ6.upk <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1544 based

any idea why?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2023, 05:41 »

@andrewdesi09: https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,3055.msg41847.html#msg41847
Fia

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 26, 2023, 05:54 »

Hey,

Any way to export morph please ? I need morph for player face

Also anyone found "Piela" NPC in files ?

edit : If someone need I made a sort of cheatsheet for naming convention used in game files
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vQNSWlI6c1Que9EQb9UlBQSW5CbzpA-ftKqzlIkIyEuxdN2LnMzsLv6OJk43vgILLwIT-iwpebtYLLf/pubhtml#
I exported all files, so I search directly in all folder, it made it work so much better and I can even make player character now
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 05:59 by Fia » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2023, 06:45 »

@Fia: Does the game even use build-in morphs for meshes? If a mesh has any, it's written at the left bottom corner in the viewer. Because usually it's something runtime generated and not backed into mesh. If there are actually morphs there, provide some upk with such mesh (here or via PM).
Fia

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2023, 01:04 »

@Fia: Does the game even use build-in morphs for meshes? If a mesh has any, it's written at the left bottom corner in the viewer. Because usually it's something runtime generated and not backed into mesh. If there are actually morphs there, provide some upk with such mesh (here or via PM).

Yeah there is built in @spiritovod
VC2N892NX2HXYCQF0REHFEBF on the Steam version
Object pc_wr_f_00_face_sk this one have 44 morph.

(The one generated at runtime work how ? Bone deform ? Multiple mesh with one base and other with for exemple different facial expression ?)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2023, 00:32 »

@Fia: I've updated specific build, it's now possible to export morphed models (to gltf only), like in more recent builds. Only mentioned package has been tested though, if there will be issues with other meshes, please let me know.
andrewdesi09

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2023, 18:00 »

Thank you so much for the response. I got it working.
Is there a way to make sense of the upk file names to find models easier?
I'm only opening the .upks one by one to check what's inside at the moment.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: