Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Valorant  (Read 52573 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
Re: Valorant
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2021, 06:03 »

Ok, it appeared to be region delay, so now I've received very latest update. After comparing random assets, it appeared that they've just added some zero variable with offset to it, so all other offsets were shifted accordingly upon serialization and that's why the game is almost completely broken now in umodel.

Some samples for comparison and future references: link

Update: Fixed umodel build for Valorant, based on latest git version and changes from fmodel, in the attachment.
Update 2: Updated build with ability to skip unsupported animations.
Update 3: Updated build with temporary fix for static meshes. Previous version of specific build is still available here (in case if you need to use it with older game versions).
Update 4: Updated build with fix for materials mapping.
Update 5: Updated build with fix for meshes in latest game version.

Update 6: Separate specific build is now deprecated, please use ACL build from this topic with game specific override.

* Clipboard01.jpg (96.68 KB, 2551x1242 - viewed 800 times.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 13:47 by spiritovod » Logged
joeyq

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2021, 23:27 »

What are the channels in textures with suffix "_MRAE", probably metallic, roughness, ambient occlusion and emmision but there are only 3 channels (RGB) in stead of 4 (RGBA).
floxay

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2021, 18:50 »

What are the channels in textures with suffix "_MRAE", probably metallic, roughness, ambient occlusion and emmision but there are only 3 channels (RGB) in stead of 4 (RGBA).

Green holds two maps;

first half: AO
second half: emission mask

you can use two ColorRamps in blender to separate the masks
joeyq

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2021, 01:31 »

Green holds two maps;

first half: AO
second half: emission mask

you can use two ColorRamps in blender to separate the masks
Thanks floxay!
So if i understand right:
R: Metallic.
G: 0.0-0.5 sRGB is Ambient Occlusion, 0.5-1.0 is Emission, adjust both ranges to 0.0-1.0 range.
B: Roughness.
So suffix should actually be named "_MAER".
In Blender it looks something like this:

because i have to set "_MRAE" texture to Non-Color in stead of sRGB I have to set greater than and smaller than nodes to something bigger than 0.5 but I don't know exact value (in this test I set them to 0.51).
Also does somebody know how to make the hair shader like in valorant, because it looks pretty cool.
knifu

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2021, 12:17 »

Another quick question: how do you guys handle the material instances like all the wood materials in "WorldMaterials"? I assume it has to do with tints, but I can't figure it out.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2021, 15:50 »

Another quick question: how do you guys handle the material instances like all the wood materials in "WorldMaterials"? I assume it has to do with tints, but I can't figure it out.

Custom Nodes would be a good start.

here quick example, same V-Shader (I made quickly so may not be 100% accurate has in game) in 2 different materials etc.

https://i.imgur.com/l3YADeY.png

Blender + Linux User Here.
mcrksman

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2021, 19:52 »

I know umodel has a psk option but i can't get it to work. Is fmodel able to export in any format other than uasset? Whats the best way to go from fmodel > blender?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2021, 20:52 »

@mcrksman: Just to be sure - umodel and fmodel are two different programs with different functionality. In umodel you can export supported meshes with Ctrl+X (or via Tools -> Export) when mesh is opened in the viewer, or via context menu -> Export. Exported psk meshes can be imported in blender with the help of respective plugin.
mcrksman

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2021, 00:58 »

@mcrksman: Just to be sure - umodel and fmodel are two different programs with different functionality. In umodel you can export supported meshes with Ctrl+X (or via Tools -> Export) when mesh is opened in the viewer, or via context menu -> Export. Exported psk meshes can be imported in blender with the help of respective plugin.

Yes I've downloaded the psk import plugin and tried umodel -  however i get the same 'bad memory allocation' error that @knifu was asking about a few questions ago. I was trying fmodel cos i saw it being mentioned in one of the replies. Anyway, what would be the best way to export from either program for blender? Is there a way to fix the bad memory allocation error?
floxay

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2021, 01:41 »

Anyway, what would be the best way to export from either program for blender? Is there a way to fix the bad memory allocation error?
https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,7040.msg39129.html#msg39129

attachment...
mcrksman

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2021, 13:20 »

Anyway, what would be the best way to export from either program for blender? Is there a way to fix the bad memory allocation error?
https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,7040.msg39129.html#msg39129

attachment...

ah my bad, the text for the attachment is so small i missed it and assumed the fmodel link was the attachment being referred to. I am however getting a trojan warning from windows defender on the download though
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2021, 16:25 »

@mcrksman: You have outdated defender/signatures then, since virustotal shows nothing.
meizbird

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2021, 23:51 »

Hello, I am new to umodel and I'm wondering why I can't scan through the folders. this is what I'm getting, I am on build 1515 and have tried unreal engine 4.22-4.25.

"appMalloc: size=972033220 (total=29 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: 796830651 x 12 <- FPackageFileSummary::Serialize4 <- FPackageFileSummary<<: Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage: /Game/Characters/Clay/S0/CharSelect/Models/CS_Clay_S0_AnimGraph.uasset, ver=518/0, game=ue4.24 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): /Game/Characters/Clay/S0/CharSelect/Models/CS_Clay_S0_AnimGraph.uasset <- ScanContent <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc <- UIBaseDialog::CustomMessageLoop <- UIBaseDialog::ShowDialog: modal=1, title="Choose a package to open" <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1515"
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2021, 11:15 »

Use the umodel_valorant spiritvod posted....

Blender + Linux User Here.
mcrksman

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2021, 18:35 »

Anyone know where the weapons and skins have gone? I've definitely found them before but they seem to have disappeared. There's nothing in the weapons folder. Strange
Jump to: