Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Mortal Rite  (Read 10916 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
Mortal Rite
« on: May 09, 2022, 16:27 »

Game: Mortal Rite  (steam page)
UE version: 5.0 (early access)

Partially supported in specific build from this topic with respective override option. Batch export is not recommended, it may crash umodel or produce incorrect results.

Notes:
This build is very experimental, so many things doesn't work as expected. If you have crashes not mentioned in the list of known issues below or want to report compatibility with other games, please do it via PM. I didn't bother with GUI much, so you can find respective override options under UE4 versions list.

Known issues (UE5 pre-release): Virtual textures are not supported (it's main issue, as UE5 is using them by default for almost everything), morphs are not supported even for preview, some animations may not work correctly (especially in batch operations), some static meshes may have issues with lods order.

Known issues (UE5 full release): All of the above. Nanite meshes are not supported (only base geometry is parsed from them). For games using io store packages (utoc/ucas) you need to manually append respective skeleton to the loaded skeletal mesh, then manually append animations, and then use animations search (Ctrl+A) - after that it will be possible to preview and export compatible animations. Recent builds are supporting materials with default implementation, but problems with them are still possible - though it's not helpful for games with io store packages due to general limitations.

* Clipboard03.jpg (215.22 KB, 2546x1238 - viewed 1308 times.)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 22:01 by spiritovod » Logged
mark2580

View Profile
Re: Mortal Rite
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 03:40 »

Known issues (UE5 pre-release): Virtual textures are not supported (it's main issue, as UE5 is using them by default for almost everything), morphs are not supported even for preview, materials are not parsed properly (disable them if you have any crashes), some animations may not work correctly (especially in batch operations), some static meshes may have issues with lods order.
Is there any hope that someday these textures will be exported? because once they were ordinary 2D textures

MARK2580
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 02:02 »

@mark2580: Unfortunately I don't have much time lately for proper research on anything. If you'll take a look at existing solution(s), the main caveat of virtual textures is that overall approach is related to UDIM and therefore different UV is involved as well, which means you need to implement at least compatible export format, otherwise manual texturing will be very inconvenient (at best), even if you get textures themselves.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 02:16 by spiritovod » Logged
A9strack3d

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2023, 16:55 »

Any chance for a 32 bit version of this program?? Anytime I try to boot it up nothing happens.
Game: Mortal Rite  (steam page)
UE version: 5.0 (early access)

Partially supported in specific build from this topic with respective override option. Batch export is not recommended, it may crash umodel or produce incorrect results.

Notes:
This build is very experimental, so many things doesn't work as expected. If you have crashes not mentioned in the list of known issues below or want to report compatibility with other games, please do it via PM. I didn't bother with GUI much, so you can find respective override options under UE4 versions list.

Known issues (UE5 pre-release): Virtual textures are not supported (it's main issue, as UE5 is using them by default for almost everything), morphs are not supported even for preview, materials are not parsed properly (disable them if you have any crashes), some animations may not work correctly (especially in batch operations), some static meshes may have issues with lods order.

Known issues (UE5 full release): All of the above. Nanite meshes are not supported (only base geometry is parsed from them). For games using io store packages (utoc/ucas) you need to manually append respective skeleton to the loaded skeletal mesh, then manually append animations, and then use animations search (Ctrl+A) - after that it will be possible to preview and export compatible animations.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2023, 22:04 »

@A9strack3d: 32-bit version is not possible at this point, because there are already issues with a third-party library in 32-bit build. But I hardly imagine someone who is investigating an UE5 game on 32-bit system nowadays. Maybe it got blocked by your antivirus/defender for some reason or you're missing respective dll (more info here).
A9strack3d

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2023, 00:56 »

@A9strack3d: 32-bit version is not possible at this point, because there are already issues with a third-party library in 32-bit build. But I hardly imagine someone who is investigating an UE5 game on 32-bit system nowadays. Maybe it got blocked by your antivirus/defender for some reason or you're missing respective dll (more info here).

Lol yeah I am that rare case, I use exagear on my phone and umodel to rip games usually from mobile games, and seen mk onslaught just upgraded to the ue5 engine and was hoping to be able to continue ripping assets from it, but I do understand it not being doable anymore.
allenweisse

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 20:46 »

hi ^^

Im wondering if it is possible to export with materials with CLI? thank you
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 20:05 »

@allenweisse: Exporting through CLI is possible in general, some examples are provided on the site (Command Line section) and you can also launch umodel with -help argument for possible options, but for this game it's not possible to properly export materials due to current limits of UE5 build.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 05:08 by spiritovod » Logged
allenweisse

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2024, 02:35 »

@spiritovod: sorry, what I meant was I am having trouble finding the argument which is equivalent to checking off "Material" in the initial setup UI. I.e. the opposite of "nomat" under "Compatibility options:"

thanks
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2024, 05:35 »

@allenweisse: In cli mode everything is enabled by default, you only need to disable those things you don't want to export or those which can't be exported - like morph targets for UE5 games. Currently materials doesn't cause issues in most supported games, in worst case they are simply not loaded/exported.
allenweisse

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2024, 06:20 »

it's strange though because if i export via cli using the ue5 build, it does not output "Loading/Exporting MaterialInstanceConstant/Texture2D" and it results in a glTF with "dummy_material_x"

but if I use the GUI and check Material, it does indeed export the .props.txt, textures, and glTF with correct material names
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2024, 21:50 »

@allenweisse: You are right. Those options are using default values for both GUI and CLI, if not additionally exposed to export settings with different initial values, and thus materials were disabled by default for both modes. It's not obvious, but some settings for CLI are read from umodel.cfg, if not provided explicitly, which is also used upon working with GUI. Since there should be very few issues with materials now, I've enabled them back in latest build (they can be disabled with "nomat"). Also it's possible to expose this option to export settings - to have different default values for GUI and CLI - but it may confuse long-time users, so not sure.

If you're willing to continue this discussion, please create a new topic (in usage problems section or for a particular game), because it's not related to this game. Info in the first post is provided only for reference purposes.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 21:55 by spiritovod » Logged
Jump to: