March 28, 2024, 17:04
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Animation Compression Library (ACL) support  (Read 32660 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2022, 19:37 »

@Triadasoul: Download latest official umodel build from the site and place specific build in the same folder with it. I never ship dlls, because they are the same for all builds (in rare exceptional cases required non-standard libraries are included).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 16:51 by spiritovod » Logged
Triadasoul

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2022, 22:12 »

Thank you!
cesm1980

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2022, 02:08 »

I gave up for now on trying to somehow combine 1.x versions in the one build and made a few of them for every minor version to avoid at least compatibility issues.

What's new:
1) All games supported in vanilla umodel build and using ACL are somehow supported in different ACL builds. According to internal versioning, they would suggest required builds now in the logs.
2) I found the reason why some animations failed to load in Dislyte and The Ascent, it's fixed now, which also affected other builds and made them more stable.
3) Since there are only two games using ACL 1.2, I've excluded non-acl animations from scope of that particular build to ignore some weird animations in Twin Mirror. But since all actual animations are using ACL in both supported games, you shouldn't miss anything noticeable.
4) Both Borderlands 3 and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands are fully supported now in ACL 1.1 build with respective override option.

Wow twin mirror is finally suported!! Thank you a lot, oh by the way you forgot to include Life is strange 2 episodes 5-6 on the list for the acl 1.3 build, its great to know that when using the incorrect build it says on the log that helps a LOT when testing new games later that also use ACL.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2022, 22:49 »

@cesm1980: Thanks for all those test and samples so far, but I have certain concerns about Life is Strange 2 and Tell My Why. When I check some things, they will be added to tested games as well (if no additional adjustments would be required).

----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, all 1.x builds were upgraded to "materials" build as base, so all improvements from the base are now implemented as well - including exporting morphs (to gltf only at the moment) and exporting vertex normals. This also fixed possible issues with export (affected at least Dislyte).

Life is Strange 2 override is removed from all 1.x builds to avoid confusion, because this override was skipping acl related fields. I'll look into it later for possible issues when the whole game is processed at once (because first episodes doesn't use ACL animations).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 22:59 by spiritovod » Logged
cesm1980

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2022, 12:33 »

@cesm1980: Thanks for all those test and samples so far, but I have certain concerns about Life is Strange 2 and Tell My Why. When I check some things, they will be added to tested games as well (if no additional adjustments would be required).

Life is Strange 2 override is removed from all 1.x builds to avoid confusion, because this override was skipping acl related fields. I'll look into it later for possible issues when the whole game is processed at once (because first episodes doesn't use ACL animations).

Oh i had no idea about that... good thing you notice that then.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2022, 02:58 »

What's new #2:
1) ACL 2.0 build is replaced with the one with different ACL implementation, like in 1.x builds. It allowed to fix some issues, so now support for Kena: Bridge of Spirits is added to that build.
2) Life is Strange 2 was checked with 1.3 build and apparently there shouldn't be issues with loading different animation types from different episodes for the same mesh. Materials supports for LIS2 was also slightly improved. Don't forget to force engine version to 4.16, otherwise it may be auto-detected incorrectly.
3) Currently there are two games, which are using ACL animations with custom compression settings, namely Chivalry 2 and Divine Knockout, that's why they wouldn't work with both umodel and akderebur's tool.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 03:30 by spiritovod » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2022, 19:13 »

Now all games from the list in the first post are checked and supported if possible, except for Fortnite and PUBG Mobile (for obvious reasons).

Still not supported: Chivalry 2 & Rogue Company - they're using the same custom implementation with particular parts of library omitted probably for optimizations (it became possible after versioning was added, to skip some unused functions, for example database related if no databases are used); Divine Knockout & Back 4 Blood - each using different custom implementations as well.
Not actual info, read updates below.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 19:40 by spiritovod » Logged
Ninski

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2022, 19:46 »

@spiritovod I have followed all directions as specified in these posts, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong (It is probably a stupid mistake, but ive sat at my computer and tried a slew of different combinations to get the psa/psk files to export from umodel_valorant_v3 and from umodel_acl_2). Could you potentially walk me step-by-step on how to extract the animations from Valorant to a destination? It may be asking alot, but ive pulled all of my hair out at this point and I can't find out what I'm doing wrong. It could have something to do with the ACL.dll, SDL2.dll, umodel.cfg and umodel_valorant_v3 in my umodel folder. those are all of the files I have in my folder as of right now.

I even downloaded the updated ACL you had posted and got nothing.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2022, 20:52 »

@Ninski: Download latest official build from the site, download ACL 2.1 build from here (which is the first page of the topic) and place it in the same folder with official build - then run ACL build, enable override detection, choose Unreal 4 -> Valorant and you're done. Though you may be also required to visit this topic for the key. You don't need other dlls except those shipped with official build.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 21:33 by spiritovod » Logged
Ninski

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2022, 03:21 »

@Ninski: Download latest official build from the site, download ACL 2.0 build from here (which is the first page of the topic) and place it in the same folder with official build - then run ACL build, enable override detection, choose Unreal 4 -> Valorant and you're done. Though you may be also required to visit this topic for the key. You don't need other dlls except those shipped with official build.

Dude... Thank you SO much! It worked finally! I have been opening up the Umodel application and selecting override, UE 4, and then selecting a version of UE 4 like 4.24-4.27 instead of Valorant. I had previously also opened the Umodel_Valorant app, thinking that would be the thing that would allow me to open the valorant .psa files. I watched a couple youtube videos and followed along, and thats where I learned to open the .psa files from the steps I listed above that I did previously. Thank you very much for the help my friend!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2022, 22:23 »

And another update...

What's new 3:
It appeared that Chivalry 2, Rogue Company and Divine Knockout are using an early dev ACL version, something like 2.0 alpha. As a result, 2.0 build was split into 2.0 and 2.1 builds, where 2.0 would be compatible with such alpha version and 2.1 would be on latest stable ACL version at the moment. It actually make sense, since internal versioning suggests 2.1 for all 2.0.x minor versions and 2.0 for backward compatible(?) versions (even though 1.3 and below are not backward compatible, oh well).

Update: Back 4 Blood is now also supported with separate build.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 05:14 by spiritovod » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2022, 17:52 »

Build ACL 2.0a is updated to support native (non-acl) animations, which affects all compatible with the build games. Though most of such animations are additive.
RED_EYE

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2023, 20:11 »

Is it possible to get a source code of this version of umodel? I'm mostly interested in asset parsing code for U4.27 and variations
Switterbeet-xo

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2023, 13:58 »

I was planning to create an updated list with games, which are using ACL compression, for statistics and fast lookup in the future, to simplify possible tests and such.

Most games from the list are now supported with different ACL umodel builds, posted in this topic or respective game topics. Alternatively, there is third party tool for such animations, created by akderebur, but it doesn't support games with older ACL versions. You can get it along with instruction from this topic at xentax.

Desktop games:
All latest Dontnod's games: two last episodes of Life is Strange 2, Twin Mirror, Tell Me Why, most likely all their future releases as well.
Beyond a Steel Sky, Chivalry 2, Fortnite (current version), Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Remnant: From the Ashes (current version), Rogue Company (current version), Star Wars: Tales From The Galaxy's Edge, Final Fantasy VII Remake (including Intergrade), The Ascent, The Dark Pictures Anthology (Man of Medan / Little Hope / House of Ashes / Devil in Me) (current version), Valorant, Evil Dead: The Game, The Quarry, The DioField Chronicle, Borderlands 3, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Medieval Dynasty (current version), Divine Knockout, Lost Ark, SD Gundam Battle Alliance, Back 4 Blood, KartRider: Drift (current version), Dragon Quest X Offline, Gran Saga (current version), Gundam Evolution (current version), The Outlast Trials, Harvestella, Valkyrie Elysium, The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil In Me, The Callisto Protocol, Synced (current version), High On Life, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (current version), Deliver Us Mars, Sherlock Holmes The Awakened, Hogwarts Legacy, Wanted: Dead, Like a Dragon: Ishin, Atomic Heart, Crime Boss: Rockay City, Dead Island 2, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Redfall, Park Beyond, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum, Gangstar NY, Lies of P, Warhaven (current version), AEW: Fight Forever, Legend of the Condor, Crossfire: Sierra Squad, Mortal Kombat 1, My Hero Ultra Rumble

Mobile games:
Apex Legends Mobile (current version), Dislyte, Marvel Future Revolution, Mir4, Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds, PUBG Mobile (current version), Undecember, Blade & Soul Revolution (current version), Crystal of Atlan, Mortal Kombat: Onslaught (old versions), Farlight 84, ArcheAge War, Assassin's Creed: Codename Jade, Undawn, Arena Breakout, High Energy Heroes, Dream Star

Console games:
No More Heroes 3

Hey mate, i used your acl2.1 for MK1 and the meshes have some weird issues when i reimport them into the game as a mesh mod. Could that have todo with the umodel?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2023, 15:33 »

@Switterbeet-xo: The game is using quite customized engine and from what I understand, current mods with meshes are based on direct geometry hacking rather than creating new meshes and importing them into the game. If you're using "export all weights" option in umodel, exported geometry and skinning should be correct - except for morphs, which are not supported anyway. The rest is outside of umodel scope.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: